Drippin..... drip, drip..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
I would suspect that anyone who thinks dripping is outdated isn't thinking beyond an old bridged 510/901 atty or the like. Keep an eye out for the new UD IGO-W that should be on its way to retailers soon. Get yourself one of those, rig it up quad-coil style, and you'll be fogging that guy clear outta the room. Not to mention the flavor. Ohhhh the flavor!

A7 rda is pretty much all I use at home these days. I use a short-cropped wick (3-4 drops) so I can change flavors often. Can't beat it.

Ohh!!! lmao!! Toys!!! will have to search for that one too Retrox..

I like to change flavors. Someone told me to drop a couple drops of vg in to clean out between flavors, but it wasn't really needed..

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
lol, ya know, I never thought to time myself, but I'm sitting here and I realized I severly underestimated the time between drips. It's probly more like 8-10 drops every 10-15 minutes. I don't keep track. not sure how many mls a day I use either, but a 30ml bottle lasts me probly 4 days. I DIY all my juice, so it's so cheap I don't worry about how much I use. At any given time I've got about 100 mls of flavored juice and about 500mls unflavored base waiting for me. I mix my base at 10mg and flavor up 4-5 30ml batches at a time. I get about, idk, 2 and a half-3 weeks in between juice making sessions? I couldn't afford to vape if it wasn't for rba's and DIY juice, that's for sure!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Tell me, when dripping, do you drip anywhere, or mainly at home?

Just at home after work. And not every day, only if really stressed or have a new juice that I cannot resist.

Plain old 510 atty on my ego 650mah battery with a drip tip has always been all I need for dripping, lr 501 atty better for some juices / flavors.

My fave juice is Virginia tobacco with a little menthol OR RY5 in it to the raito of about 3 parts VT and 1 part RY or menth.

I think when you mostly vape menthol / menthol-tobacco mixes you don't need fancy equipment coz the taste is always clean and strong. Same with RY5/4 which is my other favorite.

Last edited:

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I would like to try dripping to sample e liquids I ordered. The juices are only 3 mls each, and I don't want to fill a carto or tank with them. Can I drip with a 510-T atty? Even if you take the sampler out of the equation, I'm so sick of filling that tiny .5 ml cartridge.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
cool thread... i think there's a difference between "dripping" and "dripping"... lol.. .i mean there's "old school dripping" and there's RDA drippers.
If you folks want to call it the same fine with me. It just occurred to me that some can get confused... and for a reason.

I dripped for 2 years, chain vaping. Hated carto's and even carto tanks, because i loved dripping... better flavor.
Then i found HH357's and did that for almost a year until I finally tried RBA's (after they'd been out a year; so i do love dripping).
BUT I quit because imo RBA's have even better flavor, but mostly sub 1.0 Ohm gennies and a good mechanical device. I sold off a ton of dripping gear and regulated devices.

Now I am back to "dripping"... but with RDA's because that has even BIG TIME better flavor... iGo L, iGo W (on the way), Kayfun, Prometey (on the way)... a triple post Forge dripper for easy dual coils (2 x 1.0 Ohm coils = .5 Ohms) ... omg! eats up a lot of juice but its the BEST! ( you have to cut your nic mg level way down down)

Dripping is IN.......

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
yeah, hours threw me. If I'm at work and I can't vape constantly, maybe an hour. At home I drip 8-10 drops probly every 20 minutes, half hour? How hyper is my kid? that's what it usually depends on, lol!

EDIT: Yeah, I vape a lot!

haha!! :) Hyper kids will do that to us :p hmm I can't go over 5 drops, using this:

5 pc. Empty Kanger XL Horizontal Coil Cartomizers for 510 as it always starts leaking.. keep it around 3 - 5 drops, and I am good..

lol, ya know, I never thought to time myself, but I'm sitting here and I realized I severly underestimated the time between drips. It's probly more like 8-10 drops every 10-15 minutes. I don't keep track. not sure how many mls a day I use either, but a 30ml bottle lasts me probly 4 days. I DIY all my juice, so it's so cheap I don't worry about how much I use. At any given time I've got about 100 mls of flavored juice and about 500mls unflavored base waiting for me. I mix my base at 10mg and flavor up 4-5 30ml batches at a time. I get about, idk, 2 and a half-3 weeks in between juice making sessions? I couldn't afford to vape if it wasn't for rba's and DIY juice, that's for sure!

That is a lot of juice!! WoW!! I might go thru maybe 15ml in 4 to 5 days.. still, I noticed, since I started dripping, I can taste it better, and it has increased a bit.. was only under 1ml a day and well.. I think the dripping has made me happy.. One my gf here sent an evode to me and well.. right now it's all I use.. Until I start making juice, I have to stay on my budget.. :laugh:

Just at home after work. And not every day, only if really stressed or have a new juice that I cannot resist.

Plain old 510 atty on my ego 650mah battery with a drip tip has always been all I need for dripping, lr 501 atty better for some juices / flavors.

My fave juice is Virginia tobacco with a little menthol OR RY5 in it to the raito of about 3 parts VT and 1 part RY or menth.

I think when you mostly vape menthol / menthol-tobacco mixes you don't need fancy equipment coz the taste is always clean and strong. Same with RY5/4 which is my other favorite.

Hotwire!!!

Nothing wrong with that!! I have a couple ego's and 2 1300mah egos coming today.. and I just showed what carto I am using.. (with my purple drip tip!) :laugh:

and I do enjoy the ry5/ry4 and menthol.. thinking I want to try making coffee and fruit flavors too.. but those are my fav!! :)

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
cool thread... i think there's a difference between "dripping" and "dripping"... lol.. .i mean there's "old school dripping" and there's RDA drippers.
If you folks want to call it the same fine with me. It just occurred to me that some can get confused... and for a reason.

I dripped for 2 years, chain vaping. Hated carto's and even carto tanks, because i loved dripping... better flavor.
Then i found HH357's and did that for almost a year until I finally tried RBA's (after they'd been out a year; so i do love dripping).
BUT I quit because imo RBA's have even better flavor, but mostly sub 1.0 Ohm gennies and a good mechanical device. I sold off a ton of dripping gear and regulated devices.

Now I am back to "dripping"... but with RDA's because that has even BIG TIME better flavor... iGo L, iGo W (on the way), Kayfun, Prometey (on the way)... a triple post Forge dripper for easy dual coils (2 x 1.0 Ohm coils = .5 Ohms) ... omg! eats up a lot of juice but its the BEST! ( you have to cut your nic mg level way down down)

Dripping is IN.......

Holly dripping gizmos!!! :laugh: thanks for more names of the rda's.. I am trying to learn more and well this is just amazing on the stuffages that are out there now.. back when I first started, 2005 or 6.. there was only cig-a-likes.. they stucked.. broke either the charger or the atty.. or the juice was just plain nasty.. Now.. I am like oh wow!! It's a whole new world of just happiness out there!!! :laugh: Thanks!!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
It's a whole new world of just happiness out there!!! Thanks!!

I'm thinking I'm lucky I lost my credit card in Shanghai (where I live at the mo') and am too lazy to get another one sent.

I vaped back in like IDK, think it was 2010 or 2011. Ego-t was the new thing and all the rave and lr attys had just came on the scene and I was all up on all the jargon etc.

Now I'm vaping again and its 'RBA,' 'RDA,' etc, they all sound like acronyms for sports teams, half the posts I read I have no idea what people are referring to ha ha

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread