Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Tell me, when dripping, do you drip anywhere, or mainly at home?
I only drip, so I drip everywhere, but I work from home.
Also, I only vape about 1ml per day, and I often go for long periods without vaping.

But I've dripped in movie theaters, airplanes, and restaurants.
Nobody really seems to pay much attention, but then again it only takes 5 seconds.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Vaping by design is simple. You are atomizing a liquid on a heating coil to make vapor to inhale. you have a wick that is soaked in liquid and wrapped with a heating coil. Every type of atomizer has a wick, and every wick must be wet to perform. The only difference is how the juice is stored within that atomizer. Dripping is the most efficient way to deliver juice to said coil. Anyone who says different is fooling themselves. I'm not saying that tanks or cartos etc. are inferior, they just take an extra step. The liquid is stored in a reservoir of some sort and a wick carries the liquid to the coil. You need more wick to accomplish the same goal. With dripping, you are cutting out the middle man, but the end result is the same.

Edit: There are other factors that enhance or restrain vapor and flavor production, such as chamber size of the atomizer, airflow, resistance of the heating wire, temperature, list goes on and on. These factors are what give different types of JUICE DELIVERY SYSTEMS their differences, but at the heart of it, they are all doing the same thing.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I am loving dripping again :) I just got a couple simple little attys and the flavor is so much better. I still use my other delivery systems but I have the attys for special flavors and they are great. I have not done the RBA thing yet, not sure I want to fiddle that much. But glad I have gotten back to dripping some. The flavor is so clean and fresh. bnrk

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Just to add a little personal experience: I've never owned a high-end atty, but I've tried just about every rba clone out there from terminators to kayfun types to genisis types. I always go back to dripping because it gives me the best flavor possible without the hassle of depending on the wicking to actually do it's job. The only "tank" I keep in my inventory is my A7oid (shperoid clone) because if I change the driptip it goes back to being a dripper. (Also IMO, the A7 is the best drip atty clone out, I think it's because of the bottom airfeed) This is all in MY OWN EXPERIENCE, yours may not be the same, so...

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
Tell me, when dripping, do you drip anywhere, or mainly at home?
I drip exclusively, which isn't really an issue as far as people watching me or anything like that. I'm looking into a bottom feeder just because it would be easier when I want to vape in the middle of the night without turning on the light and waking my wife up or when I'm driving.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Vaping by design is simple. You are atomizing a liquid on a heating coil to make vapor to inhale. you have a wick that is soaked in liquid and wrapped with a heating coil. Every type of atomizer has a wick, and every wick must be wet to perform. The only difference is how the juice is stored within that atomizer. Dripping is the most efficient way to deliver juice to said coil. Anyone who says different is fooling themselves. I'm not saying that tanks or cartos etc. are inferior, they just take an extra step. The liquid is stored in a reservoir of some sort and a wick carries the liquid to the coil. You need more wick to accomplish the same goal. With dripping, you are cutting out the middle man, but the end result is the same.

Edit: There are other factors that enhance or restrain vapor and flavor production, such as chamber size of the atomizer, airflow, resistance of the heating wire, temperature, list goes on and on. These factors are what give different types of JUICE DELIVERY SYSTEMS their differences, but at the heart of it, they are all doing the same thing.

That is a sweet rba, Cjax.. doesn't look big enough to rebuild.. :p

Mind sharing some pix of the guts, if you can?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
That is a sweet rba, Cjax.. doesn't look big enough to rebuild.. :p

Mind sharing some pix of the guts, if you can?

I'm out right now but i can put some later. But i can tell you the good thing about building it is you can completely take put the post section out of the cup if you need more room. Makes for a super easy build. I'll try to take pics when i get home later.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
ok, here goes: this is 1 of my A7's (please excuse the dirty coil. Needs a dryburn, but it's been hittin pretty good for a couple weeks now.) First is the A7 fully assembled, second is with the top cap removed, and last is with the bottom disassembled. You can take the guts apart further, but I only do that to clean it.

EDIT: I guess it's just as easy to build as my igo-l, I just haven't used that one since I got the A7's. The vape just seems so much better. Could be I just need to open up the airhole on the Igo.

Attachments

• 20130609_201922.jpg
    20130609_201922.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20130609_201819.jpg
    20130609_201819.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20130609_201744.jpg
    20130609_201744.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
ok, here goes: this is 1 of my A7's (please excuse the dirty coil. Needs a dryburn, but it's been hittin pretty good for a couple weeks now.) First is the A7 fully assembled, second is with the top cap removed, and last is with the bottom disassembled. You can take the guts apart further, but I only do that to clean it.

EDIT: I guess it's just as easy to build as my igo-l, I just haven't used that one since I got the A7's. The vape just seems so much better. Could be I just need to open up the airhole on the Igo.

That is sweet!

I remember now what I have coming..

Not a dripper.. but still.. thought I could try it out.. might be able to mod it for dripping.. but dunno.. yet!! :laugh:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1336002

and then this one.. it's tiny, but still might be what I want to play with.. not sure on it.. but if I get good at it, maybe will move up to a bigger one..

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1358704

and yeppers.. I do love to drip!! :vapor:

hmm with the igo, or that one.. can you increase air holes if needed?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Anything with a side air hole, just take a drill bit and wallow it out a little more. The A7 has bottom air so you have to open up the holes in the 510 connection. I'm on my phone so i can't post a link, but check the nimbus clone from fasttech, that's the one i have coming. It's the square-ish dripper with the straight drip tip priced at $6 something. That one is bigger than the mini rda you linked and has 3 posts for single or easy dual coils.

Last edited:

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
I would suspect that anyone who thinks dripping is outdated isn't thinking beyond an old bridged 510/901 atty or the like. Keep an eye out for the new UD IGO-W that should be on its way to retailers soon. Get yourself one of those, rig it up quad-coil style, and you'll be fogging that guy clear outta the room. Not to mention the flavor. Ohhhh the flavor!

A7 RDA is pretty much all I use at home these days. I use a short-cropped wick (3-4 drops) so I can change flavors often. Can't beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread