The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

eJuice Me Up - eJuice Calculator

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by breaktru, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mymares

mymares Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Jax, FL USA
    How do I save recipes? I made my first simple one, I thought I saved it, but it wants to install the program again.. :blush:

2. breaktru

breaktru Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

File, Save

Wants to install again???? That does not sound right. What are you clicking on to see that?

3. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Full Member

May 16, 2013
    San Francisco, CA USA
    Breaktru, my chemistry-geek husband and I thank you for this recipe chart so very much.

What a handy and useful bit of work...it is so very appreciated!

4. breaktru

Thank you and happy mixing!

5. mymares

Mar 10, 2013
    Jax, FL USA
    I wanted to save it on the program, it would not let me.. I was not authorized.. So I saved it as rec file in my documents, when I went to open it out to test the save, it wanted to install program..

What did I do wrong? :blink:

I just tried it again.. when I tell it to save, it defaults "save as" and opens my documents.. that is what it did before, and when I went to open it is when it ask to re-install program.

6. breaktru

The recipe file should be saved to the folder in which the eJuice Me Up calculator was installed in.
    You should have Administrator Privileges when using the calc. Does your user account have Administrator Privileges? If not, when saving you should have a choice to "Continue" when you see the pop up warning about Administrator Privileges. This is a Microsoft feature and not the software.

You can not click on a ".rec" file to try to open it. It should be opened with the software by using "File", "Open".

7. mymares

Mar 10, 2013
    Jax, FL USA
    FINALLY fixed.. Dont know what I did wrong.. But after I saved the first file they would only open in my documents, not from the program..
    I had to un-install the program, find all the left over bits and pieces since it still wanted to open recipes in my docs.. Got it all out, restarted a couple times, still found some, FINALLY got all out.. Then I re-installed from new and created my recipe and it saved as it should. Glad that its working right now, best tool I found for DIY..

8. breaktru

Glad you sorted it out mymares. Happy to hear it's working as designed.

Note: Most software programs will open and save to the last folder used. Windows stores that info in Registry even if the software has been uninstalled.

9. breaktru

I have released version 13.0.0.0 with the note window visible on the main form. I left the Notepad option for those who have already created notes for their recipes.
    The form is now landscape in order to fit everything on the screen. Download Here

[​IMG]

10. Leslv

Leslv Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 18, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Fantastic! Thank You! As a noob to DIY this has been a great help to me. I just love this calculator, it's easy to use & understand. I really like the new format too! :toast:

11. release the kraken

release the kraken Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
    This program is all kinds of ridiculousness... I cant tell you how easy you make diy, thank you so much. Started vaping full time about 3 weeks ago. Because of your calc I stated DIY the very next week. Made my first juice of buttered popcorn and it rocked. also with your nic mixing calc, it saved my first mistake. I had purchased 345ml of 100% vg 18mg nic. I planed to make 18mg strength 60\40 but obviously I couldn't dilute. So I used the calc and quickly figure out I could make 58\42 if I got 500ml of 100%pg 18mg nic to mix with my vg nic. Now I have a bunch of "base" I simply add flavor to...

Oh and the buttered popcorn for a 10 ml bottle was 1ml butter from heathcabin and 1ml popcorn from TA. Im sure butter from LA or TA would be better but its always sold out.

12. Hoofhearted62

Hoofhearted62 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2013
    South Park, Pa. USA
    I just did a few recipes from this calc and the mallow cup one is dead on. love it and cant wait to try the others i did, just waiting for some more steep time.

13. Laughingcat

Laughingcat Full Member Verified Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Western Oregon
    Would love to see cost calculations added to this great program.

14. release the kraken

release the kraken Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Stalking the Mailman
    Tried the butterscotch caramel cream from the preinstalled recipes. No steeping time and it was perfect. going to let it hang out for a while and see if it gets better.

15. mobcittty

mobcittty Full Member Verified Member

May 16, 2013
    Alabama
    Great program!Thanks breaktru.

16. breaktru

eJuice Me Up v14.0.0.0 has been released.

Shortcut keys for menu choices were added.
    A dozen new recipes added.

17. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    Thank you.... downloading my favorite calculator now.

18. npalmy

npalmy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2013
    United States
    This is my favorite program Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

19. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    Thanks for the heads up - Just updated mine as well. :)

Cheers,
    Steve

20. The Ministry

The Ministry
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Great bit of software. Can't wait to get "brewing" armed with this! Many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.