Elitism in vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I think you should express your opinion when people start talking about vaping audio gear! Someone might put an eye out!

Hahaha funny story, tube amps dont appreciate dumping 15ml of fireball on them, they express there displeasure with hot smelly physical fireballs

sent from the s4 of DOOOM

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Lol some us have rather shallow pockets lol. Personally im a find something I like and stick with it kinda guy

I just happened to get into vaping right when I was having a manic period and also just received an inheritance. Believe me, it wasn't pretty.

Now I'm thinking of selling off a bunch of really nice stuff that I rarely use and just keep two devices and my favorite toppers.

I have about 30 mods not because I have to have variety, but because I want to make damn sure I have everything I need in case they try to decide what is best for me......kinda like health ins.
I hear ya. I'm stocked with juice and gear for years in case it won't be available by law at some point or I run out of ducats...lol

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
We, as vapers, have I would for.the most part guess the same thing, however the media and public tend to fixate on negatives. Why give them ammo? Theres always going to be dicks in any.community, im just surprised at the amount

The media, and the public in general, do seem to find negative behavior attention worthy, but this certainly doesn't apply only to the vaping issue. We can only hope, as vapers, that those of us who do conduct ourselves with wisdom and consideration will be seen as the majority.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Just keep telling people that we're trying to quit smoking and this is helping us do it like nothing else we've ever tried. Then tell them how long we've been successful at staying off the cigarettes. No need to go into particulars unless they ask.

It immediately puts a positive spin on something they initially react to negatively.

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I just happened to get into vaping right when I was having a manic period and also just received an inheritance. Believe me, it wasn't pretty.

Now I'm thinking of selling off a bunch of really nice stuff that I rarely use and just keep two devices and my favorite toppers.

I hear ya. I'm stocked with juice and gear for years in case it won't be available by law at some point or I run out of ducats...lol

When I started I didnt have a job, my wife bought a two pack ego kit, menthol for me, and tobacco for her and told me the juice supposedly equaled a carton and I couldnt have cigarettes for a week. I actually saved money that first month, then.I got a job, then I got curious about diff tanks, now im budgeting to factor in more gear lol.

certus11

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
usa
I have yet to succeed in converting others. I have been trying on my father-in-law, my co-worker, and two workers I frequently spoke with while smoking.

I still stand and sit next to them while they smoke and their smoke do not bother me and I most certainly do not look down on them.

With that said, I am pretty sure there are other vapers who are just like me (from observation) and that we are the majority not the minority as far as ECF members are involved.

When it comes to the media...I just ignore them because most of them are speaking out of their A anyway and what they do they do for money or from orders.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
When I started I didnt have a job, my wife bought a two pack ego kit, menthol for me, and tobacco for her and told me the juice supposedly equaled a carton and I couldnt have cigarettes for a week. I actually saved money that first month, then.I got a job, then I got curious about diff tanks, now im budgeting to factor in more gear lol.

I'm lucky my manic period ended and dumped before I spent any more on gear. I was going completely nuts. I'm pretty sure I spent around 2 grand in a month.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
I don't see any elitism around here - that would be someone posting about their ego-t and mbv / nicoticket juice and being told to take a hike unless they get a provari and vape nothing but 5P reserves in it.

What you're talking about is just general dickishness, and IMO, there is far, far less of that around here than most places on the internet. Take a wander around any news article or youtube comment section, that'll crush any hope for humanity you may have :laugh:

We all have our little quirks and preferences, whether it be grammer, word usage, clearo vs tank vs dripping, whatever - hopefully, most folks can just roll with it :2cool:

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
Locally, I don't see elitist attitudes among the vapers. But most of the other people who vape here - at least the ones I see in the shops - are much younger than me. And that's fine, I tend to hang around with a younger crowd.

I don't really see an elitist attitude here on ECF either, it isn't elitist that people enjoy their higher end gear and mods and want to talk about how great they are and encourage others to get them. Most of it's beyond my price range right now and I'm happy with what I have. But now I know the brands and can get advice from people who are familiar with it if/when I'm ready to upgrade so... it's all good to me :)

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
The people who work in one of the B&Ms near me are pretty stuck up. They act like they're too good to discuss much with some of their clientele.

It's very off-putting.

The store where I bought my first kit, however, is completely different. They're awesome and extremely helpful although I think I now know more about vaping than THEY do.....lol

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
Just keep telling people that we're trying to quit smoking and this is helping us do it like nothing else we've ever tried. Then tell them how long we've been successful at staying off the cigarettes. No need to go into particulars unless they ask.

It immediately puts a positive spin on something they initially react to negatively.

All we can do is try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread