PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
There are a couple of mod makers advertising 250C mods "around 14 March"
If that holds, the new firmware/software may be out next week.

Or August...

There are prototypes out in Europe and a squonk from Boxer. I am holding out for a Lost Vape mod with the 250c chip. First will be upgrading the firmware on my 75c to see if it is really is worth the fuss. I suspect it will be.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I will be waiting for the 75C update also for the simple reason,I think replay may not be for me as I don't have any problem with TC now.

Having a color screen on a DNA 250 is a plus though.

Oh, I have zero issues with TC. All I have used for years, SS430, single wire coils. Perfect.
But, I did like the Auto Wattage feature on a Modefined mod I had for a day or so before the fire button stuck.
So, though I don't really see the point after thinking about it, a shiny new DNA is always welcome at Chez Showerhead.

Why don't I see the point? So, I'm guessing the material will need to be loaded and selected. For me, that involves a trip to Steam Engine and getting the file onto my computer. Next, I have to play with the wattage and take a hit. Play with wattage and take a hit. Ok! That was a good vape! Save it.
Now it'll play that vape again and again. Until I change the tank. Then I get to start over.

With TC, I set it up, save the profile, vape until I get tired of the tank. Sure, there can be minor temp changes over the course of a week but none from this tank to that tank.

For my vaping, I'll give it a fair try, but I feel it is just not aimed at happy TC vapers.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Oh, I have zero issues with TC. All I have used for years, SS430, single wire coils. Perfect.
But, I did like the Auto Wattage feature on a Modefined mod I had for a day or so before the fire button stuck.
So, though I don't really see the point after thinking about it, a shiny new DNA is always welcome at Chez Showerhead.

Why don't I see the point? So, I'm guessing the material will need to be loaded and selected. For me, that involves a trip to Steam Engine and getting the file onto my computer. Next, I have to play with the wattage and take a hit. Play with wattage and take a hit. Ok! That was a good vape! Save it.
Now it'll play that vape again and again. Until I change the tank. Then I get to start over.

With TC, I set it up, save the profile, vape until I get tired of the tank. Sure, there can be minor temp changes over the course of a week but none from this tank to that tank.

For my vaping, I'll give it a fair try, but I feel it is just not aimed at happy TC vapers.
I 100 % agree.He basically said it was aimed at people who do not use TC or are unhappy with it. You must also lose the safety features that TC brings regarding bad chemicals being produced at higher temperatures. Especially if that hit you like and save is at a higher temperature.
To me the focus should be on making TC more user friendly to the people not using it the right way now on DNA devices. I actually think it is simple with a little time and patience. I have not altered any of my settings in several months on six,soon to be seven DNA devices. A backwards step in my opinion but i would love to be proved wrong.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Any word on when these mods will be released on a large scale? I know some boutique vendors have released it but am waiting on lost vape/think vape mods. Any ideas anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ginger vaper has a pre-order right now for there 250C device.

Don't know how long it will take though?

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I 100 % agree.He basically said it was aimed at people who do not use TC or are unhappy with it. You must also lose the safety features that TC brings regarding bad chemicals being produced at higher temperatures. Especially if that hit you like and save is at a higher temperature.
To me the focus should be on making TC more user friendly to the people not using it the right way now on DNA devices. I actually think it is simple with a little time and patience. I have not altered any of my settings in several months on six,soon to be seven DNA devices. A backwards step in my opinion but i would love to be proved wrong.

I believe that the inherent problem many have with TC (other than inexperience and not taking the time to fully understand the concept and nuances) is the less than ideal (inferior) materials and assembly workmanship of the majority of the mods coming out of China. This creates a hit or miss stability in the resistance and electrical flow. Look at how the same battery will differ in use time at the exact same settings, using the same atty/coil on different mods.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm content with my Pico in TC mode even though TC is fiddly for me, usually for the first few days on a fresh coil but that could be my mistakes. Besides the TC I'm VERY attached to the Pico form factor. I knew that would be so just seeing photos before it was released. Most likely the evolve replay boards will be too big to fit in a Pico so I'll try to live without it. There's a tendency in vaping for people to eventually stop chasing technology or endless variations. I'm in that catagory but if replayy does what is claimed I'm sure it will sell well. Gotta respect evolve for staying the technology leader.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Frothing to get a Vapor Shark 250 to replace my backup to the 2 LavaBox200's; I need 3 working TC mods for 3 flavors; I work them all every day.
It was suggested I wait for the 250c and I am NOT anything remotely resembling a tech person. I've been using TC for quite a few years and don't use anything else; I've just trial and error'ed it to settle on one and one only setting for my MTL's 316 SS .25mm OD, .30 to .45 ohms, 20watt startup. Thats it. I'm happy with this for many months now, never change profile settings.

From what I read here it doesn't seem worth the wait for the 250c and possible cost increase; unless the regular 250s go down in price? which I doubt.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
From what I read here it doesn't seem worth the wait for the 250c and possible cost increase; unless the regular 250s go down in price? which I doubt.

As long as you are happy with your vape, won’t ever need the ability to change settings without a computer, and don’t care about ‘the latest thing’ go for it. I think the older chips will become somewhat cheaper, but no fire sales.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I just received a Lost Vape Mirage from VaporDNA today. I ordered the 'Black Blaze'. I think this was released after some of the other colors?

Anyways, at the top on the front of the box, it says 'Puff Replay' in larger print than everything else at the top. I am assuming this just means it's 'replay ready', nothing else regarding it on the box or the manual. No ideas.

The box is definitely updated compared to the ones I've seen in online reviews. I'm not really familiar with the chip.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
When I go into the 'info' screen I see some puff options. Are these normal?

From Info, I see these options underneath the System and Diagnostic Options:
Puff Records
Puff Live Info
Last Puff Info

In Puff Records, I can see it's recording Info about my Puffs and keeps track of new ones?

Is this part of the 75C functionality before replay? Like I said, I'm not familiar with the board.

Really beautiful mod with the Black Blaze resin though.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
When I go into the 'info' screen I see some puff options. Are these normal?

From Info, I see these options underneath the System and Diagnostic Options:
Puff Records
Puff Live Info
Last Puff Info

In Puff Records, I can see it's recording Info about my Puffs and keeps track of new ones?

Is this part of the 75C functionality before replay? Like I said, I'm not familiar with the board.

Really beautiful mod with the Black Blaze resin though.

Yes

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Wow, LOTS of stuff that can be customized here. My other DNA devices are older chips (DNA 40 and DNA 75). I have a Therion BF 75C, but never really played with it. Just set my wattage and vaped, haha.

Played around with the 75C on the Mirage a bit yesterday. Downloaded Escribe, will probably install it and play around a bit today since I've got the day off work. I probably won't play with much at first, I'm pretty ok with the themes and profiles installed on it already. Figure it makes most sense to get used to it a bit before I start changing things. Probably check/tweak the battery cutoff, etc.

I've tried TC a few times in the past, but never really tried to dial it in. Always ended up back in power mode. I may have to honestly give it another shot. Will need to do more reading here on how to get started with that. I'm interested to give replay a try to when it's available, but I'm not sure how much it will benefit me since I vape unflavored, and even in power mode that's kind of hard to screw up.

Really cool being able to customize all of this stuff though. I can see why a lot of folks really like the DNA boards. Just much more here than I'll even use. I guess from a harm reduction standpoint, TC might benefit me if I can get a good consistent vape dialed in at a reasonable temperature. Just seems overwhelming to be regarding setting the mods internal resistance, updating the material profiles and the like. It will give me something to play with though.

I'll try to do my own research here about TC and avoid asking stupid questions. :D

One question though. Any significant difference between the US and International versions of Escribe I should be aware of? I downloaded US, but can pull the International if folks think that has advantages.

Take care

Reactions: JoAnnW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread