FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
This thread was posted on Dec 1 2011
We've been preparing for disaster long before I joined the ECF.

Last I heard ... Mommie FDA was going to make public its demon regulations this month.
Only a few days left in this month and I suggest they won't do it in the next 2 days.
1-BigGrin.png

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
An FDA notice with Docket No. FDA-2013-N-0001, filed on October 28th for publication in the Federal Register on October 29th, requests nominations for voting members to serve on the CTP tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee. (Food and Drug Administration 10/28)
There is an unnerving post on We Are Casaa about the tobacco Products Scientific Board slated for October 28, 2013. Not sure what that entails. Or what tomorrow will bring.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
An FDA notice with Docket No. FDA-2013-N-0001, filed on October 28th for publication in the Federal Register on October 29th, requests nominations for voting members to serve on the CTP Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee. (Food and Drug Administration 10/28)
You can bet your bottom dollar ...
There won't bet even 1 esmoker or even 1 knowledgeable person
familiar with e-cigarettes ... on this advisory committee !!
:sneaky:

Last edited:

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
It is unlikely that such approaches will be successful. I do not know why. That leaves only one alternative, which is civil disobedience. In this case, regarding tobacco control, the only way to be civilly disobedient is take every opportunity open to you to fight against your oppressors. If that means buying from white-van-man, so be it. It is the only way.

========

And so we arrive at the solution:

1. Contest the ‘science’ of bullies like Crown and O’Meara.

2. Be in no doubt that you have every right to contest the demands of the Bullies by civil disobedience – which comes down to being as self-sufficient as possible by whatever means are possible.

I have digressed somewhat, but I am happy with the general tenor of my post.Is it Possible for Tobacco Lovers (and Vapers) to be Proactive? | Bolton Smokers Club

WHAT ME WORRY!:vapor::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

Agorizer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
In the Market
This is something I got in my email today. I wasn't sure where to put it, so I guess I'll put it here. :) :vapor:

'FDA: No Surprises Planned for E-Cigarette Regs' FDA: No Surprises Planned for E-Cigarette Regs

No, I will not be surprised when the incestuous relationship between the "true believers" (ANTZ) the "welfare/warfare state" Authoritarian types, and the fascistic corporatism we live with (Yes! it's a Three-Way!!) produce more tax, more regulation, less individual liberty, and ultimately, more death.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
I think you can do it ... meanwhile... to DEBUNK the loudest BS of all. nicotine-clinical-trials-why-aren-t-there-any:vapor:

Love the update at the end:
one clinical trial of nicotine in non-smokers performed for another purpose: to measure cognitive function improvement. The trial report indicates that most subjects were never-smokers. .....Despite subjects being administered 15mg of pure nicotine daily for 6 months, not one single subject had any withdrawal symptoms or continued to use nicotine.

In conjunction with this study, I am starting to believe that nicotine is not the addictive substance in tobacco, but merely has taken the blame for all these years:
http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...e-sole-addiction-causing-agent-cigarettes.htm

ETA: I do believe that nicotine is probably addictive to a point, like caffeine, just not the HIGHLY addictive bogeyman that it has been made out to be, and most probably not the reason people can't quit smoking.

Last edited:

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
I think you can do it ... meanwhile... to DEBUNK the loudest BS of all. nicotine-clinical-trials-why-aren-t-there-any:vapor:

OMG Lisa! :wub: Your research & links blow me away!!
Are you aware of software called Zotero? You should be and I think you might like it for collecting, sharing, and citing all manner of studies & articles like this.

It's free to download, use, and store as well as share your databases on their servers. Check it out. It runs on all OS's and has browser attchments that make it super-easy to collect, store, and then refer to and cite in your writings.

If you sign up, look for me and my e-cig reference collection. :D

Keep up the great work!!

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
Thank You JD will do :vapor: Unfortunately, I'm a chromian. It's stand alone, doesn't have a good review when used with Chrome. Still, I will read on, maybe there is a way to organize. Right now, I have a Bookmark called E-cigarettes and Politics, it has about 300 links. I wait and scroll the masses down to a link it would be nice to simplify my methods.

Last edited:

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
Thank You JD will do :vapor: Unfortunately, I'm a chromian. It's stand alone, doesn't have a good review when used with Chrome. Still, I will read on, maybe there is a way to organize. Right now, I have a Bookmark called E-cigarettes and Politics, it has about 300 links. I wait and scroll the masses down to a link it would be nice to simplify my methods.
Trust me.. it's well worth installing FireFox for, even if you confine using it to e-cig web surfing. The ability to organize & search these research papers and web articles, and cite statements you make in correspondence is WELL worth it, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread