Finally did it, I bought myself an itaste SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Like the title says. I've been debating on getting one for quite some time now but I finally ordered an innokin itaste SVD from fasttech along with a Nitecore i4 v2 charger. I bought a couple of efest IMR 18650 2000mah batts from a U.S. vendor (since Hong Kong is having problems shipping batteries at the moment). Now I just need to wait a couple weeks or so for it to come in, will be a nice surprise when it shows up :p

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Nice! Just for grins, maybe pick up some 18350 size batteries to take advantage of the SVD's telescoping ability. Sure, the runtime will be shorter, but so will the SVD.

Options are nice.

I almost got a couple of 18350's instead since they were cheaper but I wanted a little more mah rating. I'll probably get a few more batteries down the line to get a little collection built up :D

jocat54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Lindale, Texas
Like the title says. I've been debating on getting one for quite some time now but I finally ordered an Innokin itaste SVD from fasttech along with a Nitecore i4 v2 charger. I bought a couple of efest IMR 18650 2000mah batts from a U.S. vendor (since Hong Kong is having problems shipping batteries at the moment). Now I just need to wait a couple weeks or so for it to come in, will be a nice surprise when it shows up :p

That's great!
I also just did the same thing. Also ordered batteries from U.S. (2-18650 & 2-18350 both Efest). FT shows it won't be shipped until 10/16, so guess we'll be waiting a little longer.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
That's great!
I also just did the same thing. Also ordered batteries from U.S. (2-18650 & 2-18350 both Efest). FT shows it won't be shipped until 10/16, so guess we'll be waiting a little longer.

Oh boy, best we forget we've even ordered it for now! :laugh: I reallly wish they would open up an extension or warehouse in the U.S. but I don't mind waiting a while, especially seeing how much the SVD costs from the U.S. vendors lol

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Am I the only one who LIKES the SVD in 18650 mode? Take it everywhere with me. Think you'll like the SVD, though, I had a Vamo that worked fine, but the threads slowly went to pot. The SVD just feels sturdier, and while it seems to eat batteries in comparison to the Vamo, it's a great mod. Really liking Innokin these days.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
Received my SVD from Fastech this past Saturday. I love it, works great, looks great. I have used the iClear 30, mini protank II, evod , protank II and some generic clearos with no problems. I like it in the short mode as I have lots of 18350's. I ordered another SVD from Fastech on Sunday (yes the next day) and checked the order today October 10, 2013 , 11:42 am
Acceptance
HONG KONG

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Received my SVD from Fastech this past Saturday. I love it, works great, looks great. I have used the iClear 30, mini protank II, evod , protank II and some generic clearos with no problems. I like it in the short mode as I have lots of 18350's. I ordered another SVD from Fastech on Sunday (yes the next day) and checked the order today October 10, 2013 , 11:42 am
Acceptance
HONG KONG

That's one thing that's great about lower priced mods from Fasttech like the SVD, Vamo, etc. Even if they do go out eventually you can just drop another 37 bucks or so and get a new one. Especially if you already have batteries and a charger, it's pretty inexpensive.

tunggua

Apr 3, 2013
Malaysia
Am I the only one using stacked 18350s? After owning the SVD for 2 months I find the performance much superior with stacked batts compared to single batt. In terms of power, consistency, efficiency, it beats the single batt hands down. Batt life lasts me a whole day of 13-15w vaping. Only thing is it's very slightly longer than 18650 mode, I can even use back the short tube.

It's not dangerous as in stacking in a mech coz the amp draw is less(in fact, less than single batt mode) and the possibility of reverse charging(the dangerous part of stacking) is technically non existing coz the SVD won't fire when voltage too low.

One thing though, batts must be used and kept in pairs. I have 4 sets of AW 18350s(8 of em) that i use in rotation and charged using a hobby charger, monitoring the mAh being charged for each of them.

At first, it seems like more hassle having to deal with 2 batts at a time and being my longest mod, not so pocket friendly.
But the returns in performance and consistency far outweighs that. Plus in voltage mode, I can crank it to 6v to get a bit more than 15w(2.2ohm)

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
Am I the only one who LIKES the SVD in 18650 mode? Take it everywhere with me. Think you'll like the SVD, though, I had a Vamo that worked fine, but the threads slowly went to pot. The SVD just feels sturdier, and while it seems to eat batteries in comparison to the Vamo, it's a great mod. Really liking Innokin these days.

If I end up going with the SVD, I'll be running it in 18650 mode. About how long do the batteries last?

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
My SVD sucks down AW 18350s. Every puff seems to take .1 off. I always use it is 18650 unless I need to charge batteries.

I can get a full day off the panny NCR18650Pds with it going red bottun around 7:00 pm depending on how much I vape.

I get about an hour or 2 off the AW 18350.. flip side 5 hours to charge the pannies and 2 hours to charge the AWs.

Still love my SVD.. but I love my spinners too.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
on a similar note I impulsively bought an svd from fasttech that arrived today. I love how it is designed, and it kind of reminds me of a supersized version of my p+'s. its a perfect solution to my decapitated evic. it's monstrous though. with a panasonic 18650 3400mah it is just as tall as my 16oz tea mug. though that's forgivable since I have much more confidence in it's longevity than my evic. it's a fun toy.

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I use the 18650 Panny's in my SVD and get a full day of vaping on a 1.5ohm Igo-L using between 3ml and 5ml of juice per day. If I put a fresh one in in the morning I will be getting a yellow button about 7-8pm, so about 12 hours of vaping. As was stated earlier, i get about 2-3 hours on a 18350. I love my SVD, but am currently waiting on something else.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread