Finally did it, I bought myself an itaste SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I use the 18650 Panny's in my SVD and get a full day of vaping on a 1.5ohm Igo-L using between 3ml and 5ml of juice per day. If I put a fresh one in in the morning I will be getting a yellow button about 7-8pm, so about 12 hours of vaping. As was stated earlier, i get about 2-3 hours on a 18350. I love my SVD, but am currently waiting on something else.....

That's awesome, my efest IMR 18650's came in and I hope they perform decently. What are you waiting on?:p

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
A Nemisis clone. I think it will look good next to the SVD. Just to add some more to what I said earlier, I also have a AW18650 that lasts about 10 hours and a AW18500 that lasts about 6 hours in the SVD and I guess I should have added I usually run it on Watts at 9.5-10.5.

Ah I think I've seen what your talking about, if it's what I'm thinking of then it looks sweet! I still haven't gotten into Mech mods yet, I might eventually though. I'm definitely gonna try out the wattage setting, this will be my first vw device since I only have an MVP (which isn't the v2).

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
I love my new SVD. The battery options are really useful. I have two AW IMR 18350's, one of which gives he a half day vape time, and the SVD is nice and compact, or I can stack the two 350's giving me over a day. The 2000mAh 18650 has gone 24 hours and still reads at 3.8V - the mod looks very stylish and really suits the Protank II's, especially when you put your own favourite brushed chrome drip tips on them, and I love the look of the iClear 30's, although I haven't tried them yet. It's well built and I hope it will last me for years

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I hope not! I've heard great things about the SVD :D I thought about getting a Vamo kit but an SVD was only a little more so I went for it.

If I had waited a little bit longer before ordering my a VAMO from FT, I probably would have gone with the SVD first. I have heard good things about both APV's, but word on the skreet is that the SVD has a better build. If all goes well with my current FT order, then I will for sure be getting an SVD from them as well.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
My first mod was an SVD from FastTech, and my second was a VAMO I got in a trade.
I like em both!!
The only complaint I can come up with for the SVD is that it blocks airflow on my T3's, so I use those on the VAMO.
The VAMP doesn't hold a ProTank well, so I use those on the SVD. Works out fine.
Also, the VAMO does have inferior 510 threads - things thread on a little crooked, and you need to give them a (gentle!) push, and another 1/8 turn...

I actually don't have any 18350's. When I got the SVD, I got 18650s and a couple 18500s. So I have no "short mode" for the VAMO...
That's OK too - I keep em home, and travel with Ego's.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
My first mod was an SVD from FastTech, and my second was a VAMO I got in a trade.
I like em both!!
The only complaint I can come up with for the SVD is that it blocks airflow on my T3's, so I use those on the VAMO.
The VAMP doesn't hold a ProTank well, so I use those on the SVD. Works out fine.
Also, the VAMO does have inferior 510 threads - things thread on a little crooked, and you need to give them a (gentle!) push, and another 1/8 turn...

I actually don't have any 18350's. When I got the SVD, I got 18650s and a couple 18500s. So I have no "short mode" for the VAMO...
That's OK too - I keep em home, and travel with Ego's.

Yeah my SVD probably isn't gonna be going out much lol. I use ego batteries as well, much better for on the go.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Woot! I finally received my SVD :D it shipped on Oct 12 and just got here today which is the 26th, so my guess was right on it taking about 2 weeks, a little longer than what my other orders took (which was about 8 days). Regardless, now I'm happily vaping on my SVD, when I first opened up the box I was surprised at how small it looked, I mean I was suspecting that it would be much wider but it's mostly just tall (especially since I'm using 18650's). Seems to be well made and solid, I hope it lasts me for quite some time :)

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Am I the only one using stacked 18350s? After owning the SVD for 2 months I find the performance much superior with stacked batts compared to single batt. In terms of power, consistency, efficiency, it beats the single batt hands down. Batt life lasts me a whole day of 13-15w vaping. Only thing is it's very slightly longer than 18650 mode, I can even use back the short tube.

It's not dangerous as in stacking in a mech coz the amp draw is less(in fact, less than single batt mode) and the possibility of reverse charging(the dangerous part of stacking) is technically non existing coz the SVD won't fire when voltage too low.

One thing though, batts must be used and kept in pairs. I have 4 sets of AW 18350s(8 of em) that i use in rotation and charged using a hobby charger, monitoring the mAh being charged for each of them.

At first, it seems like more hassle having to deal with 2 batts at a time and being my longest mod, not so pocket friendly.
But the returns in performance and consistency far outweighs that. Plus in voltage mode, I can crank it to 6v to get a bit more than 15w(2.2ohm)

Why in the world would you need/want to use 15W or 6V ?

If it's not dangerous, then why does EVERYONE (including all the reviewers and manufacturers) advise against it ?

Is it really that much more superior to a 18650 ? Anyone else tried this ?

best regards, larry mac

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
this one seems to beg for exterior modifications (cosmetic). Which brand of 18350 batteries and charger do you recommend for the SVD? Im creating my amazon wishlist For Christmas.

Idk about 18350 but I use the Efest 18650's 2000mah and they've been doing well so far (lasts me about 2 days on one charge so far). The charger I'm using right now is the Nitecore intellicharger i4 v2, which has been working fine so far.

Last edited:

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
So I've been using the SVD for about 4 days now and overall I'm reallly liking it. I had a little trouble at first with getting my screen unlocked (which can be easy to lock if your not paying attention, like me). Sometimes I also get an occasional misfire, the button seems to be finicky every once and awhile. Also, does anyone's SVD randomly shut off sometimes? Because this happens to me every now and again and I'm not sure why.

I do really love the build quality though, it's nice and heavy, not really all that big imo (even in 18650 mode), and that ohm checker has been the handiest thing about it for me since I rebuild my bcc's. I'm running it in variable wattage and the Efest 18650's last about 2 days on a charge, so all in all im more than satisfied with it :D

tunggua

Apr 3, 2013
Malaysia
Why in the world would you need/want to use 15W or 6V ?

If it's not dangerous, then why does EVERYONE (including all the reviewers and manufacturers) advise against it ?

Is it really that much more superior to a 18650 ? Anyone else tried this ?

best regards, larry mac

I would like to apologize if my post seems to be encouraging people to stack their batts. I'm just relating my experience on it.

Stacked batteries can be bad when they're not equal in state of charge,age,type and internal resistance. It's when one is depleted sooner than the other and then gets 'reversed charged' by the other when under load(since they're connected in series). The higher the current/amps, the worse it is. Which is why RC batt packs that are more than 3.7v(1 cell) have balance charging leads in addition to the main leads and are meant to be charged using a balanced charger(most hobby chargers are nowadays)

I would advise against stacking in mechs due to their unprotected high current draw and any other than IMRs. Regulated devices won't fire below a certain voltage. In the case of the SVD it's 4.6-6.5 in stacked mode if I'm not mistaken. So as long as both the batts are of equal charge/age/type, reverse charging shouldn't happen when the SVD shuts off.

I will swap batts when it's indicated 7.2v on the SVD. All my 4 sets of AW IMR 18350 are matched for capacity and IR.

As for superior performance, have a look here
http://translate.googleusercontent....e-svd/&usg=ALkJrhiEevzmjDD-S5Bt7n_w0bogc62jOg

As i remembered, the SVD manual does state to stack batts for improved performance?

As for 15w/6v vaping, here's my brief story,or 'journey',
I started vaping after 30+yrs of smoking stinkies with the well known ego-t + CE4. Although it kind of worked to steer me away from analogs, it wasn't really happening. I was sucking and dragging till concave cheeks to get any feel of it.
I was determined to never light up a stinky, so I thought, upgrade time, maybe I should get a VV/VW device so I can turn up power and get some warmth and thickness. Avoided mechs due to consistency and battery dependent, eventhough they have potentially more power.

So,got an Evic, gradually dial higher power and hit burnt taste at 7w on the CE4. Bought some ViviNovas and over 8watts it's burnt city again but still not giving that satisfaction feeling. Just for the record,all my juices are tobacco flavored as it's supposed to replace stinkies.
Until the day I tried cotton wicks in the vivis, I can crank to the Evic's max of 11watts without any burnt taste and that was like a huge leap forward to me in terms of feel.

As I begin using drippers, immediately it dawns on me that 11w isn't quite there for me. So begins the journey of microcoils and low(1.2) to hi(2.2) ohm within the evic's range to squeeze max efficiency, but there's only so much the evic can give, plus it doesn't even deliver the full 11w, more like 10w.

One fine day, got to try a provari, set to 5.7v for my rda(IGO-W 2.2ohm single microcoil/cotton), I got my most satisfying vape at that time, the Evic was no where near at it's maxed out 11watts. So, it confirmed to me that more power is what I need.

The SVD with stacked batts really performed to my expectations. I find it very hard to pick up the Evic nowadays. I'm not saying everyone should vape at high power. Sometimes I wish I can be happy at 7-8watts which got the advantage of more freedom in APV/battery choices.

Now thinking of a DNA20 mod :vapor:

Steve0311

Oct 19, 2013
NY, USA
Love this thread. Just got in my SVD a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying this thing. With a blue drip tip, it does look like the fabled Lightsabre. I am using an AW IMR 18650 now, but I have 2 AW IMR 18350s coming in that I plan on stacking just to see if there is in fact a difference. I am also REALLY loving the iClear 30s that came in the kit, awesome vapor production and hit, no burning (unlike my terribly disappointing Kanger Protank 2s). Good purchase OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread