Finally did it, I bought myself an itaste SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Love this thread. Just got in my SVD a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying this thing. With a blue drip tip, it does look like the fabled Lightsabre. I am using an AW IMR 18650 now, but I have 2 AW IMR 18350s coming in that I plan on stacking just to see if there is in fact a difference. I am also REALLY loving the iClear 30s that came in the kit, awesome vapor production and hit, no burning (unlike my terribly disappointing Kanger Protank 2s). Good purchase OP!

I'm loving mine, so far so good! I'm using mine with a protank 1 and the performance is quite good :D

Virtual Life

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
Miami, FL, USA
Every time I think I have decided between the Vamo V5 or the Innokin SVD I see somrthing that concerns me. I already have a Vamo knockoff, I think the first one, maybe V2 (what a noob eh, don't even know). I like it, enough vapor and lasts most of the day with one 18650. I am careful so no problem with the threads, though still going to order the 510 adapter for insurance. But I don't want to worry about the VV so I use VW RMS mode. I just read that the SVD will eat power that way.

I am just about to get both since FT will be the vendor, therefore not getting anything soon. I am thinking 2 (4?) of the 3400mah (maybe 3100mah) Panasonic 18650's and a Nitecore I2.

As long as I am asking, I am happy with my Protank II with the exception of capacity. So I would like a larger one, but not worth risking leaks, or reliability. Perhaps I could carry an extra full tank in my bag, will it leak just laying there? Actually, since I would then have 3 units, it would not be laying alone.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; One thing I haven't managed to find out about the SVD, should I use protected or unprotected batteries? I don't see anything about this on the website of Innokin or any vendor. What do you think?

I put in an EBay bid for an SVD (new) that I had completely forgotten about, and I just won the auction with a stupidly cheap bid (about 1/3rd the best local vendor price). I'd be more excited about this, except that I recently got a Vamo (my first mod)....though I have to say, although I love the vapour richness that the Vamo produces, the build quality is sketchy. The buttons are becoming erratic after less than one week of use.

It would be great if the SVD takes the same batteries recommended for the Vamo, which only can use unprotected ones.

Regards
Glenn

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
Greetings; One thing I haven't managed to find out about the SVD, should I use protected or unprotected batteries? I don't see anything about this on the website of Innokin or any vendor. What do you think?

I put in an EBay bid for an SVD (new) that I had completely forgotten about, and I just won the auction with a stupidly cheap bid (about 1/3rd the best local vendor price). I'd be more excited about this, except that I recently got a Vamo (my first mod)....though I have to say, although I love the vapour richness that the Vamo produces, the build quality is sketchy. The buttons are becoming erratic after less than one week of use.

It would be great if the SVD takes the same batteries recommended for the Vamo, which only can use unprotected ones.

Regards
Glenn

The SVD should only take unprotected batts from what I've been reading, and as the user manual itself suggests. No Lithium-Poly batts, only IMR (Li-Manganese) and some hybrids.

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
As long as I am asking, I am happy with my Protank II with the exception of capacity. So I would like a larger one, but not worth risking leaks, or reliability. Perhaps I could carry an extra full tank in my bag, will it leak just laying there? Actually, since I would then have 3 units, it would not be laying alone.

If the tanks you'll be carrying don't leak into your battery or mod, they won't leak off of it either. The seal depends on the tank itself, not the battery connection. Unless you have a way of storing them upright, however, I'd make sure they won't leak if left upside-down or horizontal after extended periods of time beforehand.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas

Regards
Glenn

The SVD take IMR batteries such as Efest, Aw IMR, MNKE, etc. IMR's are unprotected but they have a safer chemistry than regular unprotected batts. So their safe to use in regulated mods and mechanicals.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Every time I think I have decided between the Vamo V5 or the Innokin SVD I see somrthing that concerns me. I already have a Vamo knockoff, I think the first one, maybe V2 (what a noob eh, don't even know). I like it, enough vapor and lasts most of the day with one 18650. I am careful so no problem with the threads, though still going to order the 510 adapter for insurance. But I don't want to worry about the VV so I use VW RMS mode. I just read that the SVD will eat power that way.

I am just about to get both since FT will be the vendor, therefore not getting anything soon. I am thinking 2 (4?) of the 3400mah (maybe 3100mah) Panasonic 18650's and a Nitecore I2.

I've only been using the SVD in VW mode and it doesn't seem to go through batteries imo. Of course it depends on how much you vape too. I use the Efest IMR 18650's (2000mah) and they last me about 2 days or sometimes a little more. I do have an MVP which I alternate between as well so I'm not using it 24/7.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
So after considering another mod to compliment my SID, I decided on the SVD. Was going to go with the eVic, but I really don't need the bells and whistles, and appreciate the build quality of the SVD. So, my question is how will the SVD compare to the SID?

I don't own a SID but I believe that the features of both devices are about the same? From what I've heard at least, the SVD will probably have a better build quality but the interface will be different (such as the button layout), since the SID has a single button menu.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
My SVD should be shipping out on Monday from Fasttech, so only another month or two and I'll have it in my hands! :D

Lol yeah, that fasttech shipping does take awhile :laugh: its worth it with the svd though, because your saving quite a bit of money. I hope you enjoy it when you get it!

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Display is upside down! ...? It's a leftie device. I'm right handed. Never heard of such a thing. I have two Provaris, and a Vamo V3, and they're all right hand displays.

Nice build, looks great, love Innokin products. The operation of the adjustments, and menu is confusing, not very intuitive, and kind of a PITA! The Vamo is much easier to adjust, very straightforward, and simple. Even the Provaris, as crazy as the menu operation is, in some ways is still easier to operate. The SVD wouldn't be so much of a pain if you didn't have to hold it in your left hand, or upside down, to adjust. Really irks the crap out of me! lol.

best regards, larry mac

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Display is upside down! ...? It's a leftie device. I'm right handed. Never heard of such a thing. I have two Provaris, and a Vamo V3, and they're all right hand displays.

Nice build, looks great, love Innokin products. The operation of the adjustments, and menu is confusing, not very intuitive, and kind of a PITA! The Vamo is much easier to adjust, very straightforward, and simple. Even the Provaris, as crazy as the menu operation is, in some ways is still easier to operate. The SVD wouldn't be so much of a pain if you didn't have to hold it in your left hand, or upside down, to adjust. Really irks the crap out of me! lol.

best regards, larry mac

I see you can't say .... How about WTH?

best regards, larry mac

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy Trauma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
I ordered an SVD Friday (I'm a lefty, hell yeah), along with 4 panasonic 2250's. A WP2 II charger, Protank 2, and some 32ga kanthal as well as some 2mm silica wick. Then today I hit one of the newer local B&M's (Pure Vape on the west side of Indy-great place!) and and bought a new kanger T3S, some of their home brewed 50/50 black honey tobacco, and cherry balsam juice. Man, this black honey is great stuff!! And ordered one of the Aspire BCC tanks and 5 replacement heads just a few minutes ago. I'm surprised my CC company hasn't called and asked w.t.f. Tommy? I blame it all on watching too many of Pete Busardos videos hahahahah :D

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I ordered an SVD Friday (I'm a lefty, hell yeah), along with 4 panasonic 2250's. A WP2 II charger, Protank 2, and some 32ga kanthal as well as some 2mm silica wick. Then today I hit one of the newer local B&M's (Pure Vape on the west side of Indy-great place!) and and bought a new kanger T3S, some of their home brewed 50/50 black honey tobacco, and cherry balsam juice. Man, this black honey is great stuff!! And ordered one of the Aspire BCC tanks and 5 replacement heads just a few minutes ago. I'm surprised my CC company hasn't called and asked w.t.f. Tommy? I blame it all on watching too many of Pete Busardos videos hahahahah :D

Jeez man, talk about some vapemail! I know that feeling though, I really have to watch myself or i'll order something else :laugh: I really want to try out one of the Aspires, you cant rebuild the heads as far as I know so that's kind of a downer to me.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas

best regards, larry mac

The display doesn't bother me all that much, I mostly just set it and forget it most of the time (I use VW). The biggest issue for me right out of the box was the locking feature, took me forever to figure out how to unlock the thing :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread