GG preorders system

Status
Not open for further replies.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think most of the complaints about preorders were largely because there was some confusion at first with things happening, like the UK seller being dropped after collecting funds, but now that things are more settled I think the preorders are working out great.

That being said, I think it's a great idea to do things this way too: new items are preorder, which allows GG loyalists who follow the forums to get the latest and greatest with ease and comfort. And then the older products get restocked randomly without preorders, which would allow new people to randomly pick up a tried and tested device such as the GGTS every now and then. I see a lot of people come on here with conversations like this:

"Hi I want a GGTS. When can I get one?"
"buy one on the classies, or wait for a preorder sometime after Ithaka, Achilles, Proteus, VIR........."

So I think random restocks of things like GGTS are sort of a necessity, so we can really say: "click on the notify me button and maybe you will get lucky soon."

Of course all this will work much better if Imeo really does get any of those other machine shops working for him.

The one thing I worry about is with spare parts that long time users may need, things like ceramics, pins, connectors, etc. And also cool "designer" parts like various GGTS parts in brass. Imeo, I hope you will maybe put a few different random things like that in every preorder if you can.

Mata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Italy
The one thing I worry about is with spare parts that long time users may need, things like ceramics, pins, connectors, etc. And also cool "designer" parts like various GGTS parts in brass. Imeo, I hope you will maybe put a few different random things like that in every preorder if you can.

images

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
"buy one on the classies, or wait for a preorder sometime after Ithaka, Achilles, Proteus, VIR........."if you can.

I feel like sometimes these are the people that don't follow these threads and won't know when there's an impending sale anyway. I think a lot of these non preordered pieces will go to current GG customers that want additional pieces and the "profiteers" that monitor these threads closely. I could be wrong though. :)

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Oh just let those people keep hitting F5, refreshing while swearing to all hell during sale night. Let them experience the issues of site slowness, etc just once. The tune will change.
I didn't preorder the stealth. So when they went on sale, I ended up scooping one up for jojo. But I'll tell ya something....it could have been stressful and I could see it. Flashbacks of nightmares. Although I admit I wasn't worried only because I walked in saying if I get one great, if not oh well, I didn't preorder anyway.
Just a taste of the "old" system should do it. :)

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
I like the pre-order system moreso than the old way : free for all.

Less server crashes. Less flippers, with no intent other than to resell at a higher price. It hurts the GG baseline for those that will actually use whatever GG pieces as replacements/upgrades/new items.

With free for all there are limits on how many you can buy, with pre-order sometimes there are limits to spread the pieces around, other times no limits. It's a juggling act.

The announcement of pre-orders are couple of months in advance notices before you even have to pay for the pre-order GG item, so I cant see the gripe that folks if they dont like the pre-order system. The only clause would be if our USA reseller "COV" shuts down or something to that effect. But Im positive Bruce wouldnt hide it till the end when if he had to close down, he's just not that type of person to me. I can't speak for other scenerio's with other GG authorized resellers.

What I have seen so far, with the pre-orders is that the last 3 pre-orders, also included free-for-all GG pieces with the pre-order to accomodate the non pre-order users/existing GG users, I might be wrong, but thats how it been for at least the last 3 pre-orders that I have participated in.

I'd take pre-order pay up and secure the GG pieces that I want than to have to go through a 2 hour grid lock with server crashing after the first 100 folks doing the samething.... F'that.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will solve the parts issue in about 2-3 months for sure occu. I know what I have to do now, thanks for pointing this
I think most of the complaints about preorders were largely because there was some confusion at first with things happening, like the UK seller being dropped after collecting funds, but now that things are more settled I think the preorders are working out great.

That being said, I think it's a great idea to do things this way too: new items are preorder, which allows GG loyalists who follow the forums to get the latest and greatest with ease and comfort. And then the older products get restocked randomly without preorders, which would allow new people to randomly pick up a tried and tested device such as the GGTS every now and then. I see a lot of people come on here with conversations like this:

"Buy one on the classies, or wait for a preorder sometime after Ithaka, Achilles, Proteus, VIR........."

So I think random restocks of things like GGTS are sort of a necessity, so we can really say: "click on the notify me button and maybe you will get lucky soon."

Of course all this will work much better if Imeo really does get any of those other machine shops working for him.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I agree that old system was a pain but exited too as snork said. Lets feel the exitement again for one more time guys. Its not a bad feeling at all!:)
Oh just let those people keep hitting F5, refreshing while swearing to all hell during sale night. Let them experience the issues of site slowness, etc just once. The tune will change.
I didn't preorder the stealth. So when they went on sale, I ended up scooping one up for jojo. But I'll tell ya something....it could have been stressful and I could see it. Flashbacks of nightmares. Although I admit I wasn't worried only because I walked in saying if I get one great, if not oh well, I didn't preorder anyway.
Just a taste of the "old" system should do it. :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I have no GG items, looking forward to an Achilles/tank combination.

I don't go for the "teach them a lesson" philosophy. End of the day a free for all tends to be even more of an insider game, a chance to lose potential new customers who would like to try something but cannot be available at precisely the right second.

You have an official announcements thread for people to subscribe to for pending preorder opportunities, and intend to have a decent window for people to get in, at least for Achilles. That makes for a rational purchase evolution.

As an outsider, one who is looking to obtain something specific when it does become available, this makes great sense. It may provide less entertainment for others, but I believe in making vaping as stress-free as can be. Save the entertainment for contests :)

Last edited:

Alireza355

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hey Imeo, I'm sorry if I am not catching up on your previous conversations here, I've been too ocupied with my upcoming Ithaka here... I also WANT an achilles so bad, did I miss a pre-order????? If not, when is it going to be????? Where do I have to subscribe to be able to receive notification BEFORE a pre-order??? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread