GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I am the opposite I love my Genesis atomizers.
I never get any of the leaking problems many complain about and anytime I've tried cotton with them it just seemed to add more cleaning with no additional benefit....other than a cottony taste.
Properly set up mesh has no wicking problems.
I am very happy with the Spheroid, but the only reason I ever went away from Genesis atomizer was due to size.
I did have a 7 month love affair with kayfun style atties, but only the Spheroid can approach the taste of a properly set up Genesis (to me, anyways). Anything else adds its own flavor to the mix.
I firmly believe this is due to stainless steel mesh.
However different strokes for different folks

Last edited:

JohnnyEars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
United Kingdom
I had a quick go, 5 wraps of .32 around a m3 screw, about 2 full wraps of 400 mesh & 2mm silica.
So far so good, the wicking seems to be keeping up with chain vaping at 3 second pulls with 3 seconds between pulls.
I'll give it a more thorough test tomorrow after the mesh has settled in a bit & I've had some sleep.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I am a recovering genny addict. I sold our last 2 DB's and said enough. Although, I do have one on my radar in Italy that I may have to give a go. I am a firm believer that properly set up mesh flavor is hard to compete with.
With that said, It is tough to compare apples to apples as, like the Spheroid, cotton trumps mesh to me all damn day.

Here again though, I do miss my ekowool a bit.
I like many just want to vape healthier.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I think I am just going to go with silica for the moment so that I don't have another learning curve to fiddle with. I have tons of silica that I haven't used ever since I made the switch to cotton. even if I can come close to that taste with silica it'll be worth it for me to do the occasional tasting :)

JohnnyEars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
United Kingdom
I like many just want to vape healthier.

:ohmy: This is the GP forum, right? :p

I just did the mesh/silica hybrid wick as a test, I found a slight benefit in flavour - but that was offset by the slightly slower wicking.

I've reverted back to a silica lasso with a tiny cotton sliver between the silica tails where it passes through the coil.

I've never got on with cotton in the Spheroid for one reason or another, quite the opposite of the Heron where I find cotton ideal.

JohnnyEars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
United Kingdom
I just did the mesh/silica hybrid wick as a test, I found a slight benefit in flavour - but that was offset by the slightly slower wicking.

Any longer than a 3 second pull gave a mesh scratchy hit.
I think I may have rolled the mesh a little tightly around the silica in order to fit it through the 3mm coil, choking the silica somewhat.
A 3.5mm diameter coil may have been better, but you'd be getting near the limits of the coil to fit between the posts.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Any longer than a 3 second pull gave a mesh scratchy hit.
I think I may have rolled the mesh a little tightly around the silica in order to fit it through the 3mm coil, choking the silica somewhat.
A 3.5mm diameter coil may have been better, but you'd be getting near the limits of the coil to fit between the posts.

As much as I liked mesh, if you think about the capillary action, I would argue that mesh is at a disadvantage compared to silica, cotton, cc, etc. for obvious reasons no matter if the wick is submerged into liquid(genesis style) or much less in contact with a medium suspending juice. Simply, the mesh does not wick as efficiently as any of the other above mentioned mediums....imo

JohnnyEars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
United Kingdom
As much as I liked mesh, if you think about the capillary action, I would argue that mesh is at a disadvantage compared to silica, cotton, cc, etc. for obvious reasons no matter if the wick is submerged into liquid(genesis style) or much less in contact with a medium suspending juice. Simply, the mesh does not wick as efficiently as any of the other above mentioned mediums....imo

Agreed, I just thought I'd have a quick experiment with a hybrid silica/mesh wick. I've seen others try pure u shaped mesh in the spheroids, but like you say, mesh works best when dipped directly into the juice.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Agreed, I just thought I'd have a quick experiment with a hybrid silica/mesh wick. I've seen others try pure u shaped mesh in the spheroids, but like you say, mesh works best when dipped directly into the juice.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

btw, you kill me on ukv when I see your genny's. Funny how today's vapors completely skipped the genesis phase of vaping and straight into silica based.
I see quite an attitude difference on the opinions of genesis from UKV to ECF. European vapors are far more prone to effectively and successfully use and appreciate a well built genesis atomizer.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
btw, you kill me on ukv when I see your genny's. Funny how today's vapors completely skipped the genesis phase of vaping and straight into silica based.
I see quite an attitude difference on the opinions of genesis from UKV to ECF. European vapors are far more prone to effectively and successfully use and appreciate a well built genesis atomizer.

After Van created VaporWall, and Line genisis atomizer started to circulate in Europe, a base of dedicated fans established. Due to small production, the patience for delivery and consequently the knowledge of building the 14 mm Line which has the easiest build for a genisis in my opinion, created an attitude and an attention to detail. Technical innovations followed from Europe and USA, creating a plethora of options and setups, but for a European vaper, Line by Van is the patriarch of the genisis atomizers.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
After Van created VaporWall, and Line genisis atomizer started to circulate in Europe, a base of dedicated fans established. Due to small production, the patience for delivery and consequently the knowledge of building the 14 mm Line which has the easiest build for a genisis in my opinion, created an attitude and an attention to detail. Technical innovations followed from Europe and USA, creating a plethora of options and setups, but for a European vaper, Line by Van is the patriarch of the genisis atomizers.
Funny you mention this Bro as a few posts up I told of a Italian :) genesis atomizer by Peppo @NoName, and is also a small genesis.

Vans new atomizer line LE looks to be a nice fit to the Piccolo even though it is 14mm

All this talk is not doing well for my genesis rehabilitation attempt :laugh:

JohnnyEars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
United Kingdom
Funny you mention this Bro as a few posts up I told of a Italian :) genesis atomizer by Peppo @NoName, and is also a small genesis.

Vans new atomizer line LE looks to be a nice fit to the Piccolo even though it is 14mm

The notank by Noname is one of the "sought after" bottom feeders in the UK scene - I don't squonk, but if I did I would have to hunt one down lol.

The original Line by Van was a unique atty in it's time, but wasn't without fault.

To quote Vapid from UKV:

"Mesh wicks were first implemented by a German modder called Raidy, he gave it the name 'Genisis' that since become Genesis in popular use. He gave permission for it to be used for free by anyone on the condition it was 'not for profit' - things being what they are that bit got ignored & as we all know patenting rarely means anything these days .

Raidy helped develop the Genisis LV a top fed atomiser that was designed to sit inside the Box Cronos a regulated mod that never came to fruition, around the same time or shortly thereafter Sturm bought out the G-Tank that is still considered the best top fed system (The G-Tank US was sadly not up to par)."

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

The notank by Noname is one of the "sought after" bottom feeders in the UK scene - I don't squonk, but if I did I would have to hunt one down lol.

The original Line by Van was a unique atty in it's time, but wasn't without fault.

To quote Vapid from UKV:

"Mesh wicks were first implemented by a German modder called Raidy, he gave it the name 'Genisis' that since become Genesis in popular use. He gave permission for it to be used for free by anyone on the condition it was 'not for profit' - things being what they are that bit got ignored & as we all know patenting rarely means anything these days .

Raidy helped develop the Genisis LV a top fed atomiser that was designed to sit inside the Box Cronos a regulated mod that never came to fruition, around the same time or shortly thereafter Sturm bought out the G-Tank that is still considered the best top fed system (The G-Tank US was sadly not up to par)."

Raidy was the original modder and Van's Line was the first genisis that opened the market for the rest, because it circulated enough units to ignite interest, despite the initial reactions. I was in a long list on VW waiting for my first Line. At that time it was a blast, everybody was excited! ECF, VW, UKVapers old and new, VapePit, e-kapnisna.gr, and many other forums are the spine of the vaping history. Sturm's creations are very well thought, but he had problems with the productions' timeline and he changed many machinists, because he always wanted to make quality products and he did them eventually. The precision machining and the limited production are the biggest challenges for a modder.

Last edited:

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
As far as I know Raidy is not the one who came up with the whole mesh system. A guy was making a model train (or something like that) and he found out that you can use mesh with it's capillary action for transferring fluids. It was a long time ago since I read about this, so that's all that I remember.

As for the new Line LE.. it's great :) I'm vaping on it right now. I haven't used genesis atomizers for almost 2 years, since I couldn't get the setup right. Dry hits on mesh are the worst kind of dry hits :D I gave gennies a last chance with the Line LE and I'm glad I did. Making a setup on it is really easy. Almost as easy as on the Spheroid.

Spheroid+Line LE+a dripper and I really don't need anything else... yeah right ;) (the biggest lie told by vapers :D )

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
As far as I know Raidy is not the one who came up with the whole mesh system. A guy was making a model train (or something like that) and he found out that you can use mesh with it's capillary action for transferring fluids. It was a long time ago since I read about this, so that's all that I remember.

As for the new Line LE.. it's great :) I'm vaping on it right now. I haven't used genesis atomizers for almost 2 years, since I couldn't get the setup right. Dry hits on mesh are the worst kind of dry hits :D I gave gennies a last chance with the Line LE and I'm glad I did. Making a setup on it is really easy. Almost as easy as on the Spheroid.

Spheroid+Line LE+a dripper and I really don't need anything else... yeah right ;) (the biggest lie told by vapers :D )

I have read about that guy too. Many things have been applied in other fields before come to vaping, for example steam engine mechanics has a history at least 2 thousand years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread