Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It's a no

The tumor is going through the abdominal wall.

Change in chemo is recommended then revisit after the next CT scan.

I need to recharge. I'm devastated and can't stop crying right now.

This ... sucks!!!!

I'll bounce back. It may take a minute to regroup....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's a no

The tumor is going through the abdominal wall.

Change in chemo is recommended then revisit after the next CT scan.

I need to recharge. I'm devastated and can't stop crying right now.

This ... sucks!!!!

I'll bounce back. It may take a minute to regroup....
Ball your brains out Robin. Get it out of your system. Nothing wrong with that. When you're done crying you will get up, dust yourself off and move on to the new chemo regimen. There are reasons why they try new chemo treatments. Keep the faith!

Question: Did they give you a reason why they said no? Is it because the tumor is too big, wrong place, wrong kind, etc.?? And could you qualify at a future time if the new chemo regimen works?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ball your brains out Robin. Get it out of your system. Nothing wrong with that. When you're done crying you will get up, dust yourself off and move on to the new chemo regimen. There are reasons why they try new chemo treatments. Keep the faith!

Question: Did they give you a reason why they said no? Is it because the tumor is too big, wrong place, wrong kind, etc.?? And could you qualify at a future time if the new chemo regimen works?

The reason is that they would have to cut too much of my abdomen out, since it is going through the wall, and the chemo wash wouldn't be able to be used since it wouldn't be able to be contained. It needs to be contained in order to work at getting into every area.

Yes, if the chemo change works in shrinking the problem tumor, we can revisit the option. In fact, after the chemo change and the next CT scan in 3 months, if there is a good response, they will present to the board again. I was encouraged to send the CT scan when it's next done.

I'm in the process of regrouping, just got off the phone with daughter. She helped in getting me back into a better mindset.

10 more days and she will be on her way down here to live. Rick is hanging in there. I worry about him. He isn't one to show his emotions and he was very close to crying too. I've never seen him cry. He just doesn't cry.

I will continue to fight but I am also going to treasure every moment I have.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Damn Robin, that is tough news to take. I agree with Bronze. Give yourself a day or two to cry as much as you need/want to. If it was me, I'd be doing research on non-traditional methods of treatment. You have reached out to some very good medical people, but maybe there are a couple more who are doing something a little different. I think you have handled this whole thing extremely well to this point. I have no doubt you will make the best decisions possible. I found a treatment my local doctors weren't talking about, and didn't even mention to me. You have to see all available options, and make choices. You CAN get through this!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
The reason is that they would have to cut too much of my abdomen out, since it is going through the wall, and the chemo wash wouldn't be able to be used since it wouldn't be able to be contained. It needs to be contained in order to work at getting into every area.

Yes, if the chemo change works in shrinking the problem tumor, we can revisit the option. In fact, after the chemo change and the next CT scan in 3 months, if there is a good response, they will present to the board again. I was encouraged to send the CT scan when it's next done.

I'm in the process of regrouping, just got off the phone with daughter. She helped in getting me back into a better mindset.

10 more days and she will be on her way down here to live. Rick is hanging in there. I worry about him. He isn't one to show his emotions and he was very close to crying too. I've never seen him cry. He just doesn't cry.

After seeking available options and facing surgery, I told God what I wanted. He already knew, but I prayed His will be done regardless. Somehow that gave me peace, as I left it ultimately in His hands. The poem Footprints In The Sand came to my mind during those times too. Somehow that took the pressure off of me a little bit, but I still fought hard because I wanted to raise my kids. You have a loving husband and family. The grandkids need you too! I have known people who were given a very bad prognosis, and they kicked cancer and are alive and quite well today. (with God's help of course) I still firmly believe you have the will power to get through this trying time Robin!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Gotcha. I'm certainly no expert on chemo but I do know it has advanced quite a bit. Not so many years ago chemo was basically poison in a bottle. One size fits all. Now there are all kinds of different chemos. I have no idea how they decide which one is best but I'm guessing it's not all that different than how a practitioner selects an antibiotic. They prescribe what they think would work best but if it doesn't work you go back and try a different one. Been there, done that and a change has and can make a huge difference. That your doc had another regimen in mind before sending you off to the tumor board tells me he/she is not just throwing darts at a board.

Oh, from a man's perspective...we never really think we will outlive our wife. Odds are we wont. So we do not ever think or prepare for it. Something like this pops up and it can be rattling. Mr. Robin is a smart dude. He'll do what you are doing. One step back, two steps forward. But I can assure you he is plotting for success...just like you.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have definitely looked into alternatives. It's really hard wading through the quacks and the legit alternative medicine people.

I'm also doing things that cannot be talked about on this forum. My daughter is bringing 'some things' with her. She isn't flying so it's not a problem getting 'things' from there to here. ;)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I think I may know what you are referring to. Yes, that could definitely be something worth trying! It couldn't hurt, that is for sure. Actually I am thinking of two things, but they are very similar. Also cut sugar out completely right now, if possible. I have heard that cancer feeds on sugar. Eat as much organic vegetables and fruit as you can, and juice them too. There used to be a book from a doctor about what I just said. I wish I remembered the name of it. If I do, I will let you know asap!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

I'm not good with things like this , I tend to get angry at the universe and it leaves me at a loss for words , but I'll be praying for you .

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have definitely looked into alternatives. It's really hard wading through the quacks and the legit alternative medicine people. ...
;)

Searching the alternatives and trying to discern the wheat from the chaff is so difficult and confusing. I tried that for a bit but decided I lacked the knowledge to do the discerning. I just go, get tested every ninety days, if the number is high then I get an infusions and wait.
I am always reluctant to weigh in on this kind of thing; it is so personal and I have no expertise just personal experience. In my own case, I elected to trust the Doc and stopped looking for alternatives. Every day several times a day my mantra became something to the effect of "everything being done is working just as it should". It was the only way, for me, to cope, to keep working then sixty plus hours per week and, most important to me, to keep me from driving Mrs CMD nutty. I wish you and yours the very best. You and Mr. Robino1 have my deepest empathy.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
After seeking available options and facing surgery, I told God what I wanted. He already knew, but I prayed His will be done regardless. Somehow that gave me peace, as I left it ultimately in His hands. The poem Footprints In The Sand came to my mind during those times too. Somehow that took the pressure off of me a little bit, but I still fought hard because I wanted to raise my kids. You have a loving husband and family. The grandkids need you too! I have known people who were given a very bad prognosis, and they kicked cancer and are alive and quite well today. (with God's help of course) I still firmly believe you have the will power to get through this trying time Robin!

Yes. And amen!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Searching the alternatives and trying to discern the wheat from the chaff is so difficult and confusing. I tried that for a bit but decided I lacked the knowledge to do the discerning. I just go, get tested every ninety days, if the number is high then I get an infusions and wait.
I am always reluctant to weigh in on this kind of thing; it is so personal and I have no expertise just personal experience. In my own case, I elected to trust the Doc and stopped looking for alternatives. Every day several times a day my mantra became something to the effect of "everything being done is working just as it should". It was the only way, for me, to cope, to keep working then sixty plus hours per week and, most important to me, to keep me from driving Mrs CMD nutty. I wish you and yours the very best. You and Mr. Robino1 have my deepest empathy.

Thank you. :wub:

I believe we need the combination of both medical and alternative. Even if the alternative med only helps in dealing with side effects of traditional med.

I'm truly glad you are still around! :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I have definitely looked into alternatives. It's really hard wading through the quacks and the legit alternative medicine people.

I'm also doing things that cannot be talked about on this forum. My daughter is bringing 'some things' with her. She isn't flying so it's not a problem getting 'things' from there to here. ;)

Whatever it is that feels right to do! You will get through this. With so much sincere prayer going up for you, I have to believe that option is out for now for a good reason. Cry all you need to, because that’s release.

I’ve faced hard times and found that just when you feel like you won’t find one more bit of strength or faith... suddenly it’s there. Difficulties don’t change the fact that our Creator loves us.

We all love you! Help is on the way too. It’s wonderful that your daughter is moving close by.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Thank you. :wub:

I believe we need the combination of both medical and alternative. Even if the alternative med only helps in dealing with side effects of traditional med.

I'm truly glad you are still around! :)

I just found myself unable to sift through it all and, due to my job, was unable to engage certain ameliorating alternatives. (Clever alliterative dodge, eh what?)

Best to you Robino1, you have always been a favorite of mine, you have a nice way of keeping the discussions between the ditches when wearing your administrative hat. And, before the collapse of Provari, your insights were a help to me in getting off the cigarettes.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I'm not good with things like this , I tend to get angry at the universe and it leaves me at a loss for words , but I'll be praying for you .

Beautiful honesty! One of life’s hardest challenges IMO is feeling powerless. It’s makes us angry and afraid. And if we believe that there’s One Who does have power, it makes us angry when it seems like nothing is being done to help. It’s hard to accept that there are things that won’t ever make sense to us.

Still praying for you too.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I know Ms Robin is on top of this. I know her. :)

Any medical/nutritional advice I would give would add up to nothing but clutter. Ms Robin doesn't need my clutter. The only thing I can offer is perspective. Sometimes that helps to organize thoughts and put things in the right frame or confirm what Ms Robin already knows.

Users who are viewing this thread