Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A search turned up a few. May not be the brand you want or the place you'd prefer to get them from but you can get them..

AW IMR 18490 | Wyoming Vapor Company
Never found an AW 18490. AW is my brand. The problem with AW is their plant closed nearly a year ago due to a flood. They never reopened so any AW’s on the market are at least a year old. Not sure about them anymore. Good find though.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nope not a fan of Apple....Besides the reason I stay out of the debate is because I haven't had any trouble with Windows in a long time. At least not enough to bother me..:p
I have an iPhone and I’m happy with it. But I havent had major problems with windows either. Nagging stuff but nothing major.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Indy Vapor sells these button adapters. Something that fits on one end of a flat top battery that turns it into a button top battery. They seem to work but there are fitment considerations. The 18650 flat tops are readily available but the 18500 n 18350s are not.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Been spending time on the Provari thread trying to come up with battery solutions. Button top batteries are about impossible to find. 18490/18500’s are nearly impossible to find. What are you guys doing?
I haven’t used mine in years, keep meaning to sell it. Are the little batteries (for the mini)hard to find as well? I don’t remember what size that was. I do have the extension as well.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I haven’t used mine in years, keep meaning to sell it. Are the little batteries (for the mini)hard to find as well? I don’t remember what size that was. I do have the extension as well.
I think the mini takes the 18350 (checking). What batteries are you using on your current mod?

Reactions: Hulamoon

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
All you folks with your Windows 10 problems. Sheesh, have you considered a Mac? I know everyone thinks they are expensive, but are they really THAT much more expensive than a PC?

And what is your time and peace of mind worth? The older I get, the more mine is worth. I switched to a Mac about 15 years ago and I'll never have another PC in my house.

You can buy an iMac for as little as $1,100. Or a MacBook Air for as little as $1,000.
Four of us are running Linux on PC's . I'll put that against a Mac any day of the week . My PC running Linux will run rings around a Mac .

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Been spending time on the Provari thread trying to come up with battery solutions. Button top batteries are about impossible to find. 18490/18500’s are nearly impossible to find. What are you guys doing?
I bought a Radius off the classifieds for the flat top option as the button tops have been bothering me for a while - but surely they make them for other hobbies, as they were around before serious buying by the vaping crowd I would have thought?

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Interesting about the batteries. I had no idea button tops were hard to find. I’ve been meaning to sell my Provari 2.5. I have the extender cap too, so it can be used with button top 18650’s. I have some AW 18490’s but they are a few years old. They weren’t used much, but probably not good to try to use them now.

I did find some button top 18350’s at RTD Vapor. No idea about this brand quality.

Vapcell INR 18350 1100mAh 10A Button Top

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Howdy army
Two weeks until vacationing in Florida for a week, yay

Still waiting for wifey to grad from university, getting ready to move to Cincy in January. Gonna start a part-time gig as the lead developer at a local (Cincy) company in February, yay on that, too - but surely stressful days ahead. Selling stuff here, getting stuff, like cars and a place to live, there... :)

@kkay59 : Due to the upcoming trip to FL I'm closely watching nhc.noaa.gov - Willa and Vicente have been around for a while. Vicente is actually a post-tropical cyclone that has been hovering out in the Pacific and has been a major hurricane that did not make landfall. Seems Willa sucked it into its direction and the remains are following it closely now - hope y'all will be alright down there

I miss Robin

Time has gone by fast! Only a few more months till your big move. I’m glad things are falling into place for you. The other details will go well too no doubt. Enjoy that vacation! Smart choice to go to FL when it’s less humid.

I miss Robin too.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Bench Test Results: Vapcell Purple 10A 1100mAh 18350...accurately rated

I use a magnet honestly. A tiny little magnet :)
40b4be3f39022ff5e8d6655341f60543.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Interesting about the batteries. I had no idea button tops were hard to find. I’ve been meaning to sell my Provari 2.5. I have the extender cap too, so it can be used with button top 18650’s. I have some AW 18490’s but they are a few years old. They weren’t used much, but probably not good to try to use them now.

I did find some button top 18350’s at RTD Vapor. No idea about this brand quality.

Vapcell INR 18350 1100mAh 10A Button Top
Vapcell are top notch batteries lately.
I use only use vapcell or farmed sanyo 20700 batteries.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread