Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I went out there and took some photos. I didn't have a tripod, but at least I saw it. I thought it would be bigger than it was. It was pretty cold out there, so I didn't stay too long. It was still very unusual looking, and I'm glad I got a chance to see it. I used the night scene on my camera, but the pictures didn't show anything like you would of seen with the naked eye. It is supposed to last for close to an hour, but I'm finished watching it. So you still have time to take a peak, depending on what zone you are in.

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern time zone should be close to 12 midnight. Central time will be about 11pm. (or so I've heard) So far the moon doesn't look huge to me, but it is bright outside already.

It’s underway here now. We have too many clouds and a lot of wind. The Griffiths observatory has a live feed on YouTube. That’s as close as I can get to seeing it.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Anyone ever play parcheesi? I used to love it as a kid. I found an app that’s offline play so you just pass the device around. We can’t play the board game too well with cats around, but I’d prefer that.

I had my board game since I was a kid. Remember how we used to take care of our stuff? But it had gotten ruined by a basement flood when my water softener blew a massive leak. Had some fun tonight playing it though. J won. Beginner’s luck! Rematch! Grrrr. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I thought of @MostlySunny and @76bridget because we found an amazing hand lotion. It’s used by a lot of healthcare professionals who wash their hands a lot. So you both may have heard of it or tried it. It’s called Thesis. It’s made with Shea butter, sunflower, coconut and jojoba oil. Very mild scent. Goes on kinda greasy feeling, but then absorbs right in. It’s wonderful!

We have terrible water here that dries your skin out so fast. This stuff would be great in harsh winter weather too.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I’m sorry! I was reporting our weather and lack of sun without considering how cold it is everywhere else! :(

Our cold spell finally ended earlier in the week. Wasn’t nearly as bad as you have. Yikes!
No biggie-we're good! (Today I am thankful for coffee, sweatpants, and electric blankies...and my fur babies, and my kindle)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Anyone ever play parcheesi? I used to love it as a kid. I found an app that’s offline play so you just pass the device around. We can’t play the board game too well with cats around, but I’d prefer that.

I had my board game since I was a kid. Remember how we used to take care of our stuff? But it had gotten ruined by a basement flood when my water softener blew a massive leak. Had some fun tonight playing it though. J won. Beginner’s luck! Rematch! Grrrr. :)
Played it as a kid. Couldn't tell you anything about it now.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Played it as a kid. Couldn't tell you anything about it now.

Makes me feel like a kid to play it again. I was an only child (my half siblings lived with their mother and the others with my father). Still, I had board games piled up in my room. Lots of cousins who visited often. Parcheesi was one I could play alone and have fun.

Not many board games I still like to play. Scrabble is another. I played that with my Nana a lot. All the while she chain smoked there at her tiny kitchen table. Lost her to lung cancer back in ‘95. But many good memories of her remain, and our Scrabble games are near the top.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
its 56 here and its miserable... how do yall live with -9F ????

thats 42F below water freezing point...
We get real grumpy! Seriously though, if I were to make any true criticism of how God made us, it would be that he did not create us to hibernate during all of this yuck! (Yes, I know, relatively universal climate and all before the fall of man, really not trying to get into a deep theological discussion atm, I'm just sayin' a "hibernate" feature wouldn't have been a bad idea)

Users who are viewing this thread