Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
April, your pool looks FANTASTIC! Congrats! I'm sure you and the puppy dogs will love it.
Thanks Pap! It’s been a labor of love and so much to learn. I’m wondering if I should try to figure the pump/waterfall/lights out for myself or be patient.
B94120BD-1E30-49EA-B7DF-4719F5BE705B.jpeg
I found a 1 hour long YouTube video on it. Might just hunker down and give it a shot.

But I could also go patio furniture browsing... which might be more enjoyable. I ordered a few things but they haven’t arrived yet.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Pap! It’s been a labor of love and so much to learn. I’m wondering if I should try to figure the pump/waterfall/lights out for myself or be patient.
View attachment 766813
I found a 1 hour long YouTube video on it. Might just hunker down and give it a shot.

But I could also go patio furniture browsing... which might be more enjoyable. I ordered a few things but they haven’t arrived yet.
It always looks so nice when it's new.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Al across the street isn't the handiest guy around. So he goes to fix something with his pool apparatus and screws it up. Then he calls me to bail him out. Go there and he has duct tape, rope, and wires holding everything together. The perimeter fence is busted up and laying everywhere. He can't remember what wire he connected where. Parts don't fit cuz he ordered the wrong stuff. Crap laying all over the place. 95 degrees with 95% humidity. And he wants me to fix it. All while he's cussin' and throwing stuff in anger. Joy, joy! :)

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
It looks better in the sun. My last pics, I promise! Well maybe one more when the waterfalls are on. But I’m so pleased with myself, my choices, I’m just in love with it.

52A92F26-01D1-46E0-AEC4-336F986C2D3A.jpeg 9F96A53B-F7E4-462F-9E51-E255418B399C.jpeg 7EFA6324-FC69-4537-AC75-86730BC3E2C4.jpeg

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Al across the street isn't the handiest guy around. So he goes to fix something with his pool apparatus and screws it up. Then he calls me to bail him out. Go there and he has duct tape, rope, and wires holding everything together. The perimeter fence is busted up and laying everywhere. He can't remember what wire he connected where. Parts don't fit cuz he ordered the wrong stuff. Crap laying all over the place. 95 degrees with 95% humidity. And he wants me to fix it. All while he's cussin' and throwing stuff in anger. Joy, joy! :)
You’re a very good friend for him to have!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Urlacher and I were making our rounds, walking around the house when I come upon a 11 to 12 year old Maple that has been broken. The trunk line splits about ten feet up, and that is where it broke. Half of the top section of a young tree maybe 20- 25 feet tall gone.
At least it was away from the house.
Now that the power is out, I want a coffee....

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Papaw, sorry about the power issue. I hope they can get it on for you asap. I have instant coffee for this situation. Just heat some water, put coffee in, and stir. You can heat the water on your grill, or in a fireplace if you have one. Maybe you have a Coleman stove? You could wrap up the regular coffee in some linen or cheesecloth, and soak it until the color seems about right, then pull it out. Otherwise a coffee filter might work, if you don't mind a few loose grounds.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
One thing leads to another and it's never simple.

Hurricane taking dead aim on us.
Secure items on deck including turning the table upside down.
Look at the brackets that hold the legs together and it reminds me they are messed up and has been driving me nuts for 10 years.
Go to remove eight bolts. Two different sizes. Some english, some metric. All hard to get to.
Some rusted beyond belief.
Go to and from garage at least 12 times getting different tools and stuff to try.
Finally get them off after employing unconventional persuasion on the rusty fasteners.
Bang out the dents in the brackets.
Go to sandblast/repaint them. No sand.
Run to store to get sand.
Home Depot sold out.
Run to Lowes and they have it.
Come back, sandblaster gun is shot.
Rip it all apart, no go. It's finished.
Ordered another sandblast gun.
Sit and wait till it shows up.
I left out a whole bunch of other things on this list.

What started as hurricane prep ended in a table that is in pieces laying all over the place next to a million tools and gear and now I sit and pick my azz looking at the mess I made until the gun shows up. Nothing ever goes to plan no matter how simple. Nothing! Not ever!

Right, BK?

you bet.... should have left the table outside and let the hurricane take it away and claim the loss on insurance and get a new one ;)

Reactions: PapawBrett

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Urlacher and I were making our rounds, walking around the house when I come upon a 11 to 12 year old Maple that has been broken. The trunk line splits about ten feet up, and that is where it broke. Half of the top section of a young tree maybe 20- 25 feet tall gone.
At least it was away from the house.
Now that the power is out, I want a coffee....

gas stoves are just wonderful in times like this ;)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
View attachment 766813

hmm.. okay, looks like you have controls for the pool, "jacuzzi", and waterfall... twin pumps (pool and jacuzzi/waterfall)... also see you went with a pleated fiber filter... ( I would have gone with the sand canister instead)
altho I could be wrong, but is there a remote involved somewhere?? and its heated too... good choice on the chlorinator canister... those make things alot easier in the long run ( be very careful when opening it when it time to add more tablets, the gas can be ummm harsh)

when the installer comes to teach you the operation of the valve system... video it and get some blue, red, yellow, and black electrical tape... blue for clean water to pool, jacuzzi, waterfall, red is hot water out to P,J,WF, yellow is chlorinated to P,J,WF, black is unfiltered water from main system... also some arrows pointing direction of flow would be very helpful... and if you have the time, get a flow schematic ( laminated) and tape it to the inside of the power panel door, would be very nice.... that way IF you ever need work done, the pool tech will take alot less time in figuring out the plumbing. :)

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
hmm.. okay, looks like you have controls for the pool, "jacuzzi", and waterfall... twin pumps (pool and jacuzzi/waterfall)... also see you went with a pleated fiber filter... ( I would have gone with the sand canister instead)
altho I could be wrong, but is there a remote involved somewhere?? and its heated too... good choice on the chlorinator canister... those make things alot easier in the long run ( be very careful when opening it when it time to add more tablets, the gas can be ummm harsh)

when the installer comes to teach you the operation of the valve system... video it and get some blue, red, yellow, and black electrical tape... blue for clean water to pool, jacuzzi, waterfall, red is hot water out to P,J,WF, yellow is chlorinated to P,J,WF, black is unfiltered water from main system... also some arrows pointing direction of flow would be very helpful... and if you have the time, get a flow schematic ( laminated) and tape it to the inside of the power panel door, would be very nice.... that way IF you ever need work done, the pool tech will take alot less time in figuring out the plumbing. :)
Omg I wish you were my neighbor!!

It’s a remote app on my phone (so I can turn the heat on for the jacuzzi before I leave work) or turn things off if I forget to, etc... I’m going to copy and paste this and have it on hand so I remember the color scheme. There was a good reason I went with fiber filter but those choices were so long ago I don’t recall. I’ll have to reference my notebook.

Thank you so much. There were really a lot of incredibly helpful tips in that post!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
by chance, Bronze, is there an aquafer under/near your property?
i dunno

Papaw, sorry about the power issue. I hope they can get it on for you asap. I have instant coffee for this situation. Just heat some water, put coffee in, and stir. You can heat the water on your grill, or in a fireplace if you have one. Maybe you have a Coleman stove? You could wrap up the regular coffee in some linen or cheesecloth, and soak it until the color seems about right, then pull it out. Otherwise a coffee filter might work, if you don't mind a few loose grounds.
Canadian shore lunch coffee. Dip a coffee can in the lake. Pour grounds in can. Boil over a campfire. Let grounds settle. Dip an empty pork n bean can in coffee. Presto!
you bet.... should have left the table outside and let the hurricane take it away and claim the loss on insurance and get a new one ;)
good idea. Had that table since 1991. I have a 25 year old truck. I have lots of old stuff I just keep rehabilitating. My problem is I make friends with inanimate objects.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The thing is, there is real misery to find close by. Homes that are flooded and everything ruined. The guy should try going in one of those homes when their owners return to find all is lost. He wont have to act like there is drama then. But they have to manufacture it because they're wusses.

Meanwhile, we haven't had much rain. Less than 3" to this point. And it basically all came down in two or three 15 minute downpours when the wind got amped up. I admit, it's scary to see those trees rocking in every direction and noises you never heard before. I don't care if they snap or get ripped out of the ground (it's happened before) but I don't want any of them falling on the house. I have an oak about 18' in front of the house. It's one of those split ones with two trees coming out of one trunk. It's the tallest oak on my property. It got struck by lightning about 12 years ago and the side of the trunk got blown out (along with a bunch of other stuff on and in my house). It lived somehow but I'm never sure just how solid that thing is anymore.

July, 2006
    View attachment 766717

Three years later...
    View attachment 766719

Had another tree on the side of the house that got hit by a lightning bolt too. I'm being picked on. :)
    Looks like that tree is dying,Bronze...............

• Agree
    Reactions: Hulamoon

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013