How long did you smoke analogs before switching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afubar

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Oregon
I'm just curious, how long have you been smoking before you made the switch?

I'm 55 years old and have been smoking full time for 43 years. I made the switch on 1 September 2009 and couldn't be happier with my 510 from electronicstix. Thanks Jason. I'm fully satisfied with the device but have ordered some cigar flavored juice (I'm smoked Captain Black Little Cigars for the past 10 years). I've also ordered some 26 MG RY4/Like Smoke, as well. And of course, I just had to add the mega batteries, USB charger, 2 more wall chargers, USB pass-thru, and car charger. Then this morning, I ordered 4 more Atomizers as well,

I think I might be addicted. LOL

I also like being able to sit at my desk and Vap. No more Wind, Rain, Heat, or Cold for me.

My daughter and son-in-law have place orders for the 510 as well.

So tell me, how many years did you smoke before going digital?

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
12 years for me and 26 for DH. He still has not completely made the switch but he has cut down from two packs a day to about a half a pack! It has taken him a bit longer because we just found the perfect flavor (Nhaler Coffee) and device (510 with a passthrough). For me, I love all kinds of flavors so it was a more immediate response. Either way, I am thrilled to have found e-cigs and this forum! One more day, one less analog! Victory!

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I'm just curious, how long have you been smoking before you made the switch?

I'm 55 years old and have been smoking full time for 43 years. I made the switch on 1 September 2009 and couldn't be happier with my 510 from electronicstix. Thanks Jason. I'm fully satisfied with the device but have ordered some cigar flavored juice (I'm smoked Captain Black Little Cigars for the past 10 years). I've also ordered some 26 MG RY4/Like Smoke, as well. And of course, I just had to add the mega batteries, USB charger, 2 more wall chargers, USB pass-thru, and car charger. Then this morning, I ordered 4 more Atomizers as well,

I think I might be addicted. LOL

I also like being able to sit at my desk and Vap. No more Wind, Rain, Heat, or Cold for me.

My daughter and son-in-law have place orders for the 510 as well.

So tell me, how many years did you smoke before going digital?

I'm going to guess and say 23 years. Wow, that's a lot. <sigh> Cigarettes used to be so affordable.

I only tried to quit once, about two years ago. I was smoking these fake cigarettes that were made from the toasted husk of cocoa beans I think. It actually worked because I could smoke them but get zero nicotine. If they only didn't taste like horse *****, I probably would have done fine. I had the right idea, but not the right product. I just had to fight the need for nicotine (which I did with lifesavers) and could still smoke the fake cigarettes. Strangely enough I tend to like vaping "Lifesaver" flavors (wild cherry, butter rum).

I think it would be very easy to quite by reducing the nic level in my juice. And 0 nicotine would still taste a lot better than burning cocoa husks. But you know what. I don't want to quite vaping.

I've already quite smoking what more do you people want from me!

--Prof Daffy
P.S. No, I couldn't make this up. $40 bucks a carton. I can get a DSE901 kit and 30ml of juice for $40 bucks!

Cigarettes, online cigarettes, dirt cheap cigarettes, herbal alternative cigarettes

elu105

Aug 26, 2009
Finland
I'm 30yr and I have smoked about 12 years, 15-20cigs a day.

It's now my fourth day vaping and no analogs. I has been quite easy being without analogs, at least for now.

To me, vaping is allmost like smoking. Same taste of nicotine, e-cig that looks like an analog, it is used same way as analog and the best part is that it gives that cool steam that looks like real smoke. :cool:

After vaping for a minute or two I feel like I had just smoked a cigarette. (But without coughing off course)

I have never been so much addicted to nicotine but rather to smoking action itself. Ahhh.. nothing beats a good smoke after lunch...except a good vapor off course. :D

DreamVapor

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Bowling Green Ohio
Over 20 years, 2 packs(at least) a day for the the last 5 years. I got my first ecig on a friday in March. Talked myself into jumping right in by that Monday. Since then I've had about 7 cigarettes and each one tasted nastier than the last. :D I was suffering from chronic daily headaches and they virtually stopped within a week of quitting analogs. It took me a while to get my nic strength right, I vape about a 7-8 mcg nicotine liquid comfortably.

snap6cat

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Connecticut,USA
A couple of packs a day for 45 years. The thing with cigs is they just do not kill quickly! Never really tried to quit, never even thought about it. I went through Chantix and the patch to humor my doctor, but I smoked still and figured I always would. Tried an e-cig for a lark to get me over all the "no smoking" parts of my day...never looked back. I am still a "smoking" and nicojunky but I am happier and I CAN BREATHE. I really like this stuff.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread