Innokin Giveaway! Ask Phil and Dimitris anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
Just want to chime in with MANY THANKS to Dimitris (my apology for misspelling your name earlier) and Phil for their considerate, informative and sometimes amusing responses to all of the questions asked! Your efforts should be lauded by all as you both are paragons of humanity!! :w00t: Thank you both, very much, again. :thumbs:

cylo

Jan 24, 2015
Barnsley, uk
Hey all....

Innokin is back with a new giveaway launching the new colors of the Kroma-A/Zenith kit & Ares MTL RTA!

There are 15 prizes up for grabs on the giveaway page, and also special chances to win in this thread (read on...).

Innokin has developed the new Plexus Z coil for mouth to lung and upgraded the Zenith tank with it. With the new color designs they are ready to light up your June..

Another great competition, thanks a load for the opportunity to win.
Does the plexus coil also work for direct lung hits too?

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Got a question for the wife...Or you!! I bought the T18 a while back for the same reason but have been having trouble with the coils tasting nasty from the start or after a tank or 2. I do prime them before using it for the first time so the cotton is definitely saturated enough. Even when the coil is ok it doesn't seem to wick properly which results in a cotton or burnt taste after the 2nd draw. I'm running 50/50 (PG/VG) at 10 - 12 watts on 1.5-ohm coils since anything higher than that tastes terribly burnt. I'm using the same juice I generally use in other tanks and don't have this issue. Does she have this problem too or is it just me?

Thanks rhammer186, but I'm a little confused. You're talking about wattage adjustments on the T18 which doesn't have any. :)

Reactions: stols001

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello @pbusardo,

Would like to know are you designing a Squonk RDA? I love squonking and would like to see a good mtl RDA designed by you and Dimitris for the mass market

Hey Amit. I mentioned above that we are working on an RDA, of course it will have a squonk pin. :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Phil, what's your "daily driver"? What do you vape on, when you're not testing or reviewing anything, but just vaping for your own self? Do you have a new favorite, or do you still prefer the old XL cartomizers? (Bonus points if it doesn't have your name on it, but if you say "the Ares/Zenith is the greatest tank I've ever used!" I suppose I'll understand... :) )

Used to be the Provari Radius and a Kabuki which has been replaced by the Kroma-A and Zenith. YES, I like them that much!

When I want more battery life, I'm using the Proton.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Just want to chime in with MANY THANKS to Dimitris (my apology for misspelling your name earlier) and Phil for their considerate, informative and sometimes amusing responses to all of the questions asked! Your efforts should be lauded by all as you both are paragons of humanity!! :w00t: Thank you both, very much, again. :thumbs:

WOW!!!! I've never had my "efforts lauded by all as you both are paragons of humanity" But it sounds like a great time! :) Thanks so much SomethingElse. Really appreciated!!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
For someone like me who is pretty new to vaping, do you think this would be a good starter mod?

I think it would be as far as the ease of use with the tank.

Ease of use with the device isn't bad. I have Tutorial Videos for the device on the Innokin website.

If you want something SUPER easy for a starter, think about an Innokin T-18.

PoeticChaoss

Jun 1, 2018
Arkansas
I think it would be as far as the ease of use with the tank.

Ease of use with the device isn't bad. I have Tutorial Videos for the device on the Innokin website.

If you want something SUPER easy for a starter, think about an Innokin T-18.

Ok thank you very much for the advice.

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
You, Phil, AND Dimitris, are quite welcome as I've RARELY seen anyone be so caring and responsive to their "fans," for lack of a better word. Mind you, I'm not saying I've never seen it, just that the level of your attentiveness and consideration is something I do not see very often, much to my dismay. Nonetheless, you both have boosted my optimism, a little, for the future of "our" species. Again, muchas gracias... in spades and "con mucho carne!!" :lol:

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m a little late but congratulations to the first round winners.

There’s been some mention of the t18 kit. I got one for my wife a long time ago and it’s a solid simple vape kit. I ended up buying two more for my BiL and his girlfriend. They really liked them.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
    Croatia
    Phil,
    I'm new to vaping, only couple of months. During my exploration of what I like, I run into your videos frequently, completely unaware who is who in this industry. Your reviews were my favorite, even before I realized so many other people share my opinion and how involved you are in this industry :) One of the main reasons for that, apart from the quality of reviews, was that I find yoir taste compatible to mine. I prefer MTL, tighter airflow, and what you also deacribe as "wet", saturated vape. Because of this Id really appriciate your opinion on 2 things:

1) I started with Melo4 and quickly realized DL is not for me. Bought Cubis 2 because it was the only thing I could get off the shelf here and finally moved to Nautilus 2 which is great except top filling that is a disaster. Moved on to RTAs with Kayfun Prime and really loving it. Question is, compared with Kayfun Prime, what will I find different (or better) in Ares?
    Im going to buy 22mm as soon as it gets out, just because yooir name is on it ;) but help me kill the time while I wait

2) do you have your one and favorite eliquid for daily vaping? Type of it at least (tobacco, fruit,...) if not exact brand too.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    You, Phil, AND Dimitris, are quite welcome as I've RARELY seen anyone be so caring and responsive to their "fans," for lack of a better word. Mind you, I'm not saying I've never seen it, just that the level of your attentiveness and consideration is something I do not see very often, much to my dismay. Nonetheless, you both have boosted my optimism, a little, for the future of "our" species. Again, muchas gracias... in spades and "con mucho carne!!" :lol:

Awe!!! I really appreciate that... but I need to correct you on one thing. I don't like the word "fans" I don't have nor do I want fans... I prefer to call people "friends"!!!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Phil,
    I'm new to vaping, only couple of months. During my exploration of what I like, I run into your videos frequently, completely unaware who is who in this industry. Your reviews were my favorite, even before I realized so many other people share my opinion and how involved you are in this industry :) One of the main reasons for that, apart from the quality of reviews, was that I find yoir taste compatible to mine. I prefer MTL, tighter airflow, and what you also deacribe as "wet", saturated vape. Because of this Id really appriciate your opinion on 2 things:

1) I started with Melo4 and quickly realized DL is not for me. Bought Cubis 2 because it was the only thing I could get off the shelf here and finally moved to Nautilus 2 which is great except top filling that is a disaster. Moved on to RTAs with Kayfun Prime and really loving it. Question is, compared with Kayfun Prime, what will I find different (or better) in Ares?
    Im going to buy 22mm as soon as it gets out, just because yooir name is on it ;) but help me kill the time while I wait

2) do you have your one and favorite eliquid for daily vaping? Type of it at least (tobacco, fruit,...) if not exact brand too.

Hey Psihoza! Ok... first, I'd love to sell you one of my attys, but to be honest, you already have one of the BEST which is the Kayfun Prime!

With that being said... what can you expect from the Ares over the Kayfun Prime:

1) Easier filling
    2) Slightly easier building
    3) Probably a little less flavor
    4) If you like a really tight draw, stick with the Prime
    5) A more complete package when it comes to build tools and supplies
    6) No where near the looks

How's that for honesty? :)

Hex nut

Feb 6, 2018
    Netherlands
    Dear Dimitris and Phil,

Thanks to @Oliver and everyone at Innokin for doing this contest, and thanks for the chance to win one of these awesome kit ! And congratulations to @Nailz and @Katdarling !!

Now, as to Questions...
    Most kits currently on the market come with cloudsbro tanks. The Zenith/Kroma-A kit is probably the first kit in a long time to come out specifically for MTL vapers and transitioning smokers. Moreover, the Zenith tank is the first MTL tank to come with a mesh coil.
    Do you feel you're breaking grounds, setting an example for other companies to go in this direction? Also, considering that eliquids are likely to become more expensive, do you think current day cloud chasers will increasingly move to MTL vaping?

Thank you guys! Also big shoutout for the many, many, many more questions answered on The Smoker's Show!!

Best,

Hex "MTL vaper" Nut

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Phil,

Oh, and sorry, forgot about my all day. I've been switching between a few.

Deleware Vapor - Green Peach Tea
    Bromance - Strawberry Malt (That's Dimitris' flavor, please don't tell him)
    Gonzo Vapors - Duke
    RumblePup - Isla

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Dear Dimitris and Phil,

Thanks to @Oliver and everyone at Innokin for doing this contest, and thanks for the chance to win one of these awesome kit ! And congratulations to @Nailz and @Katdarling !!

Now, as to Questions...
    Most kits currently on the market come with cloudsbro tanks. The Zenith/Kroma-A kit is probably the first kit in a long time to come out specifically for MTL vapers and transitioning smokers. Moreover, the Zenith tank is the first MTL tank to come with a mesh coil.
    Do you feel you're breaking grounds, setting an example for other companies to go in this direction? Also, considering that eliquids are likely to become more expensive, do you think current day cloud chasers will increasingly move to MTL vaping?

Thank you guys! Also big shoutout for the many, many, many more questions answered on The Smoker's Show!!

Best,

Hex "MTL vaper" Nut

THAT is an awesome sauce question.

I don't think we're breaking new ground, but I think we've realized that there is a segment of people that could really care less about building, complex devices, difficult to deal with tanks, and even forums like this.

They just don't want to smoke anymore. Those are the people we're trying to target and think about when we design.

Not necessarily vapers, but more for people like my Mom, my brother, my wife, Dimitris' wife. Those people who will NEVER look at a review, or a forum or a Facebook group about vaping.

Here's what I've noticed and what I've personally heard. People have had their fun chasing clouds, building, etc. They get to that "post-hobbyist" phase and want the want is easy... AND to not smoke.

Now of course that's not everyone and you'll always have your die hard cloud chasers and tricksters and the way I see it, there's nothing wrong with it as long as they do it safely and respectfully, because we all have to realize, they are STILL not smoking... hopefully. :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Taking this opportunity to thanks Phil for helping me with all my vape questions 3 years ago. Smoke free since January 2015! Keep doing great reviews and products.

Woo Hoo!! Happy to hear you're still not smoking!! Proud and honored to have been part of your journey!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread