Innokin Giveaway! Ask Phil and Dimitris anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hey all....

Innokin is back with a new giveaway launching the new colors of the Kroma-A/Zenith kit & Ares MTL RTA!

There are 15 prizes up for grabs on the giveaway page, and also special chances to win in this thread (read on...).

Innokin has developed the new Plexus Z coil for mouth to lung and upgraded the Zenith tank with it. With the new color designs they are ready to light up your June.

The Zenith/Ares was developed in conjunction with Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis, both of whom will be answering questions in this thread....

poster1-ecfa.jpg
poster3-ecfa.jpg

vsa.jpg

Prizes

1 Grand Prize:

3 Kroma-A/Zenith kits + 3 Ares MTL RTAs
(Each color)
And 5 packs of Plexus Z coils

2 First Prizes

2 Kroma-A/Zenith kits + 2Ares MTL RTAs
(Random color)
And 3 packs of Plexus Z coils

5 Second Prizes:

1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit + 1Ares MTL RTA
(Random color)
And 2 packs of Plexus Z coils

8 Third Prizes:
1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit
(Random color)
And 1 pack of Plexus Z coils

Extra ECF thread prizes :
1 K/Z kit + 1 Ares (random color) + 1 pack Plexus Z coil​

For an extra chance to win, leave a comment below and ask Phil & Dimitris (designers of Zenith/Ares) anything you like

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Final Round Extra Entry Winners Announcement!

Here comes the final round of the extra entry winners!

yMtZMNa.jpg

Congratulations to @Uncle and @zapped !

3snJLjV.jpg

The winners will receive 1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit + 1 Ares (random color) + 1 pack Plexus Z coil. Please PM me your mailing address and contact information, along with a picture of your I.D for age verification, thanks!

Check out product websites of the new color design Kroma-A/Zenith kit and Ares RTA for more information.

*All giveaway winners will be announced very soon,stay tuned!*

Last edited:
1st Round Extra Entry Winners Announcement!

Thank you all for participating and now we have the first round of winners drawn:

Congratulations to @Katdarling and @Nailz !

Boke0ZZ.png

The winners will receive 1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit + 1 Ares (random color) + 1 pack Plexus Z coil. Please PM me your mailing address and contact information, along with a picture of your I.D for age verification, thanks!

Check out the
new color design of Kroma-A/Zenith kit and Ares RTA for more information.

The giveaway contest will end in
4 days, share the thread to your friends and vapers and tell them to join into this party with us!

:rickroll:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
1st Round Extra Entry Winners Announcement!

Thank you all for participating and now we have the first round of winners drawn:

Congratulations to @Katdarling and @Nailz !

Boke0ZZ.png

Check out the
new color design of Kroma-A/Zenith kit and Ares RTA for more information.

The giveaway contest will end in
4 days, share the thread to your friends and vapers and tell them to join into this party with us!

SERIOUSLY??? LOLOLOL! Moi? :D :lol: :D

What an amazing day this has turned out to be, and HUGE thanks to you, Mr. @Oliver, Mr. Philippo (@pbusardo), and Mr. Dimi (@Dimitris)!!

You guys still bring huge smiles to my little vaped off face, after all these years. I am in a bit of shock shock, and yet just grinning silly here!

Thank you (all) ECF'ers for the 'grats, too.

@Nailz, kongrats, kiddo......... We............

29897768-37ef-481b-83f1-3e1c895116f6-992cb1e1-eaa3-454d-ad52-7488a82bd040-v1.png

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! All hu-mans and Innokin!!!

Congratulations-Smiley-Flowers-Animated-Image.gif

Wow I’m shocked to win in a big giveaway, very excited for the win, the MVP2 was my 1st box mod, so innokin helped me quit vaping, thank you Innokin, Phil, Dimitris and ECF :)

Congrats to you @Katdarling ;)

PM sent

Congrats to the BIG WIENERS!! :)

@Katdarling & @Nailz

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Is that...is that me? I think I won! :)

No email yet, though...
Congrats if you did bwh!

It is, it is me! Email came in just half an hour ago. I got "second place" with the Kroma/Zenith kit, Ares RTA, and coils! If you're in the US, they want $5 to appease the FDA which is typical for Innokin contests, in my experience.

...I just realized as I was copying down the prize, it's the RTA tank?! That's awesome! I had been wanting an Ares, but my brain didn't immediately make the connection and I thought the prize included a second drop-in coil (Zenith) tank. Getting one of each instead will be so much better! :D

:happydance:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yikes, can you answer a couple quick questions?
    Where did you buy the batteries?
    What brand/model batteries?
    How old/estimate cycles on the batteries?
    Please inquiring minds want to know

They were the LG HG2 batteries. I bought most of my batteries from illumn but have bought some from different vendors. I'm not sure how old they were or how many cycles on them. I probably should but don't keep track of charge cycles. I have several two battery mods and don't always use the same batteries in the same mod. I had been using them in an aegis legend kit that I'm getting ready to review before charging them. I would guess that most of my batteries are around a year old. I did buy a new set a month or so ago but these weren't it.

I also thought I might mention that I don't run anything over 40 watts on a dual battery mod normally so I don't think that I've been overloading the batteries.

Innokin June Giveaway Winner Announcement

We are thrilled to announce the final winners of the Innokin June Giveaway for new color designs of Kroma-A/Zenith kit and Ares RTA:

akAIhDG.jpg

Ebz3jfJ.jpg

The winners will receive:

1* Grand Prize:
    3 Kroma-A/Zenith kits + 3 Ares MTL RTAs (Each color) + 5 packs of Plexus Z coils

2* First Prizes:
    2 Kroma-A/Zenith kits + 2 Ares MTL RTAs (Random color) + 3 packs of Plexus Z coils

5* Second Prizes:
    1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit + 1 Ares MTL RTA (Random color) + 2 packs of Plexus Z coils

8* Third Prizes:
    1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit (Random color) + 1 pack of Plexus Z coils

@Innokin_Joseph will be contacting all winners with email very soon for further prize claiming instruction, please keep an eye on your email inbox and spam folder for possible mistaken email filtering.

Another excellent giveaway participation from all the ECF members, thank you very much for supporting Innokin! If you didn’t win prizes from this one, don’t get frustrated, we will be back with more new products soon!

*The new color design Kroma-A/Zenith kit and Ares RTA is now available.
    *The Proton Express kit is now available.

Stay tuned… for the redefined pod system.

9A0AHC4.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Hey Phil and Dimitris . . .

Well - since this is Gay Pride Month - Is there a "Rainbow" Kroma-A to go with that "Rainbow" Aries Tank?

To be honest, if there is - I would really like to get one to carry with "Me" in the Gay Pride Parade . . .

gay_pride_0613_004.jpg

BTW: If I was able to get a "Rainbow" Kroma-A to go with that "Rainbow" Aries Tank . . . I know I could get a few "Kisses" for Ya' both too . . . ;)

121730448-c72b1d76-3727-47a7-ba2f-be4a5c8dbc67.jpg

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    You, Phil, AND Dimitris, are quite welcome as I've RARELY seen anyone be so caring and responsive to their "fans," for lack of a better word. Mind you, I'm not saying I've never seen it, just that the level of your attentiveness and consideration is something I do not see very often, much to my dismay. Nonetheless, you both have boosted my optimism, a little, for the future of "our" species. Again, muchas gracias... in spades and "con mucho carne!!" :lol:

Awe!!! I really appreciate that... but I need to correct you on one thing. I don't like the word "fans" I don't have nor do I want fans... I prefer to call people "friends"!!!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Phil,
    I'm new to vaping, only couple of months. During my exploration of what I like, I run into your videos frequently, completely unaware who is who in this industry. Your reviews were my favorite, even before I realized so many other people share my opinion and how involved you are in this industry :) One of the main reasons for that, apart from the quality of reviews, was that I find yoir taste compatible to mine. I prefer MTL, tighter airflow, and what you also deacribe as "wet", saturated vape. Because of this Id really appriciate your opinion on 2 things:

1) I started with Melo4 and quickly realized DL is not for me. Bought Cubis 2 because it was the only thing I could get off the shelf here and finally moved to Nautilus 2 which is great except top filling that is a disaster. Moved on to RTAs with Kayfun Prime and really loving it. Question is, compared with Kayfun Prime, what will I find different (or better) in Ares?
    Im going to buy 22mm as soon as it gets out, just because yooir name is on it ;) but help me kill the time while I wait

2) do you have your one and favorite eliquid for daily vaping? Type of it at least (tobacco, fruit,...) if not exact brand too.

Hey Psihoza! Ok... first, I'd love to sell you one of my attys, but to be honest, you already have one of the BEST which is the Kayfun Prime!

With that being said... what can you expect from the Ares over the Kayfun Prime:

1) Easier filling
    2) Slightly easier building
    3) Probably a little less flavor
    4) If you like a really tight draw, stick with the Prime
    5) A more complete package when it comes to build tools and supplies
    6) No where near the looks

How's that for honesty? :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Since battery charging was mentioned, I thought I’d share this. I always have my charger on a metal surface in case something happens. Well, I found my garage full of smoke Wednesday. I had two 18650 batteries charging and had just walked past the charger about five minutes before I found this. I won’t charge again without putting the charger in a LiPo safety bag.
    c3ce104d7e9873f64e1d891eb4c4051e.jpg

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Since battery charging was mentioned, I thought I’d share this. I always have my charger on a metal surface in case something happens. Well, I found my garage full of smoke Wednesday. I had two 18650 batteries charging and had just walked past the charger about five minutes before I found this. I won’t charge again without putting the charger in a LiPo safety bag.
    c3ce104d7e9873f64e1d891eb4c4051e.jpg
    That's not good.
    This deserves a thread to discuss this.
    Would be interested, since I use a VC4.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    What a marvey lil' kontest, Mr. @Oliver ! Thank you very much for introducing some new fun and love into the ECF.

Innokin still reigns supremie, so this is abstolutely going to be one exciting give-a-way! Again, thank you.

Phil and Dimi will be answering questions in this thread??? WOAH!

th

So, yes, I have a kwestion: @Phil and Dimi....... have you a delish recipe for fusilli and feta? :blink:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    For someone like me who is pretty new to vaping, do you think this would be a good starter mod?

I think it would be as far as the ease of use with the tank.

Ease of use with the device isn't bad. I have Tutorial Videos for the device on the Innokin website.

If you want something SUPER easy for a starter, think about an Innokin T-18.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.
    @Dimitris or @pbusardo, l was wondering, for the longevity of the internal battery, at what point is it best to charge it?
    I’ve read that internal batts should be charged at about 30% power left and not to let it get down bellow 10-15 %. What do you recommend with Kroma?
    Vonnie
    I vape therefore I am:)

I know I am not Phil or Dimitris, but this is a basic battery question.

First, remember that there are two main types of rechargeable batteries. Nickel Cadmium, and Lithium Ion. Nickel Cadmium is a very safe battery that usually outputs around 1.2 volts of electricity. It is an older style, invented over 100 years ago. They have a memory cell capacity, meaning to prolong the life of the battery, it is best to discharge it fully then recharge it. This is the type of battery most people think of when they hear "rechargeable batteries"

Sometime around 1990, Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) came into mainstream. A NiMH battery could provide a 1.4 volt discharge. They are also considered a fairly safe battery.

Lately, Lithium Ion batteries became mainstream. Lithium Ion batteries provide a 3.7v nominal charge (4.2v after charging, which drops quickly to about 3.8v, then slowly decreases after that). They are NOT considered a safe battery because if you stray away from the recommended charge/discharge amount, you could damge the battery, possibly leading to them exploding. Because of the risk of injury and fears of lawsuits, the major companies have never released an end user battery. Instead, they pass the safety responsibilities to the companies, and sell them as "cells". Since they provide the most power, they are currently the most ideal battery for vaping. But keep in mind, ANY lithium Ion battery you use was not originally designed to be a drop in battery like what we're using them for. The built in batteries in vaping devices should be treated identical to the replaceable 18650's we use in vaping devices... the difference being, you cannot simply pop in a new one when needed.

The main "enemy" of the Lithium Ion battery is heat. Rapid discharging or charging of the battery could lead to excess heat.. damaging the battery or causing it to go into a thermal runaway. Some Lithium Ion batteries have built in safety fuses in them, but they limit the output current of the battery. Since many vapers require a high demand of power, they go with non protected cells. This leaves the mod devices to regulate the power output as to be safer. With a mechanical device, the only limitation is the coil you use in the atomizer. Lithium Ion batteries have no "memory effect".. so you can charge them at any time during it's discharge cycle. However, if the battery falls below 3.4 volts, there is a change in the battery chemistry, causing a chemical reaction inside. So never let your battery run too low. It is better to charge the battery often.. even if it hasn't reached %60 of it's charge. Do not leave your lithium ion battery in a hot car for a long time... the heat will slowly deteriorate the battery. Also, if you feel the battery start to get warm, it's better to slow down, or change the battery. Let the battery reach room temperature before you put it on the charger, or let it cool down for a while before you charge it. Most Lithium Ion batteries have an amp limit. Essentially, it is a charge/discharge limit where the battery starts to heat up. If you pass the heat limit, it will go into what's called a thermal runaway, where the battery will continue to discharge on it's own at an uncontrollable rate. this is the thermal runaway, and can lead to it exploding or venting toxic gas.

Lastly, note that everything I said also applies to ANYTHING with a Lithium Ion battery. This includes laptops, tablets, cellphones, or anything else. Lithium Ion batteries are not just for Ecigs. They have been known to go into a thermal runaway while someone is using them. It's sometimes scary to think that the device you put right next to your ear has the potential to explode. Major companies like Apple, Samsung, and even a $100,000 Tesla model S electric car is subject to the dangers of Lithium Ion batteries. Links to just a few stories.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread