Innokin iTaste SVD - a very good mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
GA
i liked the price on the vamo (body only) as well and almost bought a second one. I decided against because of the issues I have been having with it cutting itself off at least 5 times a day. Granted I have dropped it once or twice but nothing too serious. I am also having center pin issues that are affecting my ohm readings. I use rebuildables and I don't carry a meter around with me so I want to have another vv/vw that I can count on. Maybe I just got a bad unit or maybe the slight drop I experienced was enough to cause the problem. I loved the mod but after having it a mere 2 months I had concerns about giving it another go. There are quite a few others experiencing the same problems so I would like to go another route and the price on the SVD through fast tech sounds too good to pass up. As with all electronics, there are some units that are flukes and have problems while others work perfectly and never have problems. With that said I would still highly recommend the Vamo. Mine still works really well, it just cuts itself off from time to time in the middle of a vape. Its more of an annoyance than it is a deal breaker imo.

ATLien

Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Atlanta, GA
i liked the price on the vamo (body only) as well and almost bought a second one. I decided against because of the issues I have been having with it cutting itself off at least 5 times a day. Granted I have dropped it once or twice but nothing too serious. I am also having center pin issues that are affecting my ohm readings. I use rebuildables and I don't carry a meter around with me so I want to have another vv/vw that I can count on. Maybe I just got a bad unit or maybe the slight drop I experienced was enough to cause the problem. I loved the mod but after having it a mere 2 months I had concerns about giving it another go. There are quite a few others experiencing the same problems so I would like to go another route and the price on the SVD through Fast tech sounds too good to pass up. As with all electronics, there are some units that are flukes and have problems while others work perfectly and never have problems. With that said I would still highly recommend the Vamo. Mine still works really well, it just cuts itself off from time to time in the middle of a vape. Its more of an annoyance than it is a deal breaker imo.

I had the same problem with my vamo, until i did this: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/17ai9i/low_ohm_reading_on_vamo/c83uj18

Since then it has been working like a dream with 0 errors.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The accompanying photos show the itaze name on it, so that takes it out of "clone" territory into fraud. The big black button was the first sign, but it was reassuring to see the company's name engraved. Now it has been stated by the company that Fasttech didn't get these from Innokin.

I know where I will stand on this ethical issue.

LOL! I don't think Fast Tech could have imagined getting such great publicity! Innokin is well known for price fixing. It's almost a joy to see happen.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
This is just how I see it: Innokin created it, it is their product and can do and sell it how they see fit.

They [Innokin] are innovators -- who else has created and marketed a VV VW ego battery like the itaste v3?

They make a solid, well constructed product and listen to feedback from the community to enhance the user experience.

So, if they want to "fix" the prices of their own product, let them. But if they are undersold of their own product, they might not care to innovate anymore, and we are all the poorer for it.

Just my :2c:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
This is just how I see it: Innokin created it, it is their product and can do and sell it how they see fit.
They [Innokin] are innovators -- who else has created and marketed a VV VW ego battery like the itaste v3?
They make a solid, well constructed product and listen to feedback from the community to enhance the user experience.

So, if they want to "fix" the prices of their own product, let them. But if they are undersold of their own product, they might not care to innovate anymore, and we are all the poorer for it.
Just my :2c:

That's one reason why I haven't been interested in Innokin.
But there's also a reason why price fixing might be considered illegal and it certainly isn't competitive or innovative or 'free market'.

Chowley

Oct 17, 2012
Ireland
The accompanying photos show the itaze name on it, so that takes it out of "clone" territory into fraud. The big black button was the first sign, but it was reassuring to see the company's name engraved. Now it has been stated by the company that Fasttech didn't get these from Innokin.

I know where I will stand on this ethical issue.

The black button is the standard on the SVD. The white button you may have seen was a prototype sent out to reviewers and vendors apparently.
Where is the iTaze? Looking at the Fasttech photos it says iTazte which is as it should be.

The reason they are so cheap on sites such as fasttech is probably huge bulk buying prices. Similar things happen in other industries, one of which I am involved in. It causes huge issues for distributors, manufacturers retail online or brick shops. Manufacturers who sell direct cover themselves when the retailers or distributers come to complain. And the same could be said for the others. So take the Innokin statement with a pinch of salt.

I would not doubt the fact that the SVDs on the fasttech site are the real deal. Although they seem to only come with one tube (although the two tube telescope is bloody weird anyway) and no itaste clearos.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
I would not doubt the fact that the SVDs on the fasttech site are the real deal. Although they seem to only come with one tube (although the two tube telescope is bloody weird anyway) and no itaste clearos.

It doesn't come with clearos or 2 tubes because it's the express version, i got my full kit from mtbaker and loving the svd.

I already said this in another topic, but the phrasing on the news puts me off. They say customers told them fasttech was selling the SVD for much lower than they recommend. It seems to me, and i'll say it again pure speculation on my part, that resellers on the US or other regions complained to innokin about the price from FT.

Coffin22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Innokin doesn't always make solid products, I've had lots of bad experiences with they're VV ecigs. Two of the original Itastes eventually just stopped charging, second much sooner than the first. Also, anyone who's owned them can tell you about the push it to one side to make contact issue (Yes, I tried cleaning it). SVD is nice, but buttons are sticky + and - (Stuck on me within 4 hours, took me forever to figure out how to unstick them). Also, size is simply HUGE. (I own all of these including the two dead Itastes in my drawer, no idea why I haven't just tossed them) Iclear 30's I've found hit and miss as it randomly ejects juice into my mouth. Perhaps I've gotten the short end on Innokin's products with some lemons, but just so people are aware of both sides of the story. I usually love innokin's products for the first week or two, then.... they die.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
Innokin doesn't always make solid products, I've had lots of bad experiences with they're VV ecigs. Two of the original Itastes eventually just stopped charging, second much sooner than the first. Also, anyone who's owned them can tell you about the push it to one side to make contact issue (Yes, I tried cleaning it). SVD is nice, but buttons are sticky + and - (Stuck on me within 4 hours, took me forever to figure out how to unstick them). Also, size is simply HUGE. (I own all of these including the two dead Itastes in my drawer, no idea why I haven't just tossed them) Iclear 30's I've found hit and miss as it randomly ejects juice into my mouth. Perhaps I've gotten the short end on Innokin's products with some lemons, but just so people are aware of both sides of the story. I usually love innokin's products for the first week or two, then.... they die.

Good to know i'm not the only one that got stuck buttons out of the box, i had to put a good amount of force with the rubber tip of a pencil to get them working. After that it's amazing despite the size of the thing :p

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Good to know i'm not the only one that got stuck buttons out of the box, i had to put a good amount of force with the rubber tip of a pencil to get them working. After that it's amazing despite the size of the thing :p

I've heard its a pretty solid mod, and want to get one. I've just backed out on the FastTech one until FastTech confirm if they are Innokin mods. I don't care if they bought them via another party if they are Innokin SVD's. I want the Innokin original on this one.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Rumor is that Fast Tech buys from a 3rd party so they don't have an agreement with Innokin. Retailers complain because they were getting dumped by Innokin for selling below Innokin's lowest price set.

I've heard this too, it seems to have come from people speculating tho. I'd like Fasttech to confirm if they are Innokin SVDs. They look like them, and clones aren't usually so exact in how they are copied - but Fasttech need to confirm for sure. Innokin's news release was worded in a way that can be ambiguous as well - are they saying Fasttech just undersold them, or that they are clones, or just throwing in a bit about clones generally. Not exactly clear is it.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
Btw, the only product@fasttech that had "Innokin" on the title was the SVD we've been talking about. Now they updated all the innokin line pages. It seems they got word of the news on the site and decided to update everything :p

I should get my MVP tomorrow or saturday, i'll update with a couple of photos to check if it's the real deal so others can decide if fasttech is selling legitimate products.

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370596676326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370596676326.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 64
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370596687063.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370596687063.jpg