Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
My point is innokin have made the comment saying fasttech have never had products from them in turn scaring people thinking the SVD is a fake/clone well guess what the MVPs are real yet fasttech have never got products from innokin. You see what I mean?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I see what you mean. I still want to hear Fasttech confirm they actually are Innokin. Its not a big ask really.

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Yes, I see what you mean. I still want to hear Fasttech confirm they actually are Innokin. Its not a big ask really.

Yes agreed part of the issue is fasttech do normally answer fast and there is people asking but no reply fasttech need to answer to stop this.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Yes agreed part of the issue is fasttech do normally answer fast and there is people asking but no reply fasttech need to answer to stop this.

I think Vapor Joe's post addresses the issue nicely;
http://.........blogspot.com/2013/06/the-dirty-little-not-so-secret.html

BTW - it's also been confirmed that FT evods are not made by Kanger and there's efforts to replace post's using Kanger's name. They will still be called Evod's and T2's, just like Nova's are Nova's without being all made by Vision (although I think some are made by Vision now).

I would not call FT a "beginner" site because IMO, it's important to be able to see when a post connection is different from the original (for example) or don't expect compatability with another manufacturers products (I don't know if geniune Kanger products will work with their Evods, for an example). I have found other respected US vendors selling the Evod's made by other factories (not Kanger) just like with Nova's (and not compatable either). So this isn't a fault of Fast Tech's.

I will say everything I've gotten from FT has worked and sometimes, worked better than I was expecting. The Nova's I got were spring loaded for an example. I also feel comfortable that I have a more secure payment system than US retailers are allowed to have (grrrr... not their fault) and better warrenty / return options than I have with US retailers at time (also kind of a no-fault of their own thing).

Joyetech requires exclusivity and Innokin price fixes. Both of those concepts stall and imped development and innovation in the ecig market. I'm very happy that Fast Tech is able to break the rules. I hope b&m retailers will evolve and develop some solid competition ... like not offer the same ol' newbie cig-wannabe crap all the time. Or think they are entittled to 'get rich quick' by rebranding and reselling the same ol' juices.

Because the answer is NO. No one is entittled to make a profit.

hellcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
GA
I had the same problem with my vamo, until i did this: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/17ai9i/low_ohm_reading_on_vamo/c83uj18

Since then it has been working like a dream with 0 errors.

WOW! Thank you! I had heard that replacing the washer would help connection issues but never found a good source on how to do it. the thread linked is very thorough so I have a much more clear idea of what I need to do. It would be amazing if it does end up fixing both my center pin and intermittent shut off issues. If so, 2nd Vamo here I come! I had a plan to go to Home Depot tomorrow anyway. I am repurposing some old windows for a mini greenhouse.I will post an update,as soon as I give this trick a whirl. So excited! I may just have better growing plants and a better vape tomorrow. YAY!

platinum321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Atlantis
www.JonathansPhoto.com
More from Joe's on what is really going on. http://.........blogspot.com/2013/06/the-dirty-little-not-so-secret.html

...its the greedy

I have been getting many emails from my readers about the recent press release from Innokin about Fasttech and other vendors. I would like to explain what is really going on. The only reason I'm addressing this - is due to the level of emails I was getting.

WHAT INNOKIN SAID: Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin

The dirty little "not so secret"

If you didn't already know this, Innokin, Joyetech, and other companies engage in fixed prices. To be called an "Authorized" reseller you must agree to sell their product at a particular price. If you do not agree to their fixed prices - you will be banned and cut off from buying products from them. Ask any "authorized" vendor and they will tell you this.

They set a limit on how low you can sell a product.

This gives the manufactures leverage. If you break this agreement, you will be branded an unauthorized reseller. This allows them to claim you sell fake products.

Vendors are getting smarter. They are buying large amounts of product using fake front companies and selling them on their websites for REASONABLE prices. Since there is no way to track the purchases - it frustrates the fixed pricing manufacturers.

The manufacturers can only cry and scream FAKE!

Oddly, this price fixing does not put more money in the pockets of the manufacturer; only in the pockets of the vendor. Vendors pay very low prices for products and must resell them at a very high price. Vendors that discount these products are immediately targeted and turned in by other vendors. Competition is silenced.

This is exactly what happened with Fast Tech and many American vendors. Make no mistake, the products sold as "Innokin" products are genuine; they just aren’t bought by Fast Tech FROM Innokin. Another company had to buy them from Innokin and sold them to Fast Tech because they didn't want to deal with these ridiculous fixed price practices.

This is how the free market works.

We have no skin in this game but we WILL promote and point out where to find the best deals. If this pisses vendors and manufacturers off, so be it. I never started this blog to make friends. I started this blog to save people money.

I invite all my readers to send an email to Innokin and Joytech. Tell them what you think.
I also invite people to ask "Authorized" resellers if they are required to sell items at a certain minimum price.

This will be talked about extensively on the next Mod Envy Show - 10pm 6/8

hellcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
GA
WOW! Thank you! I had heard that replacing the washer would help connection issues but never found a good source on how to do it. the thread linked is very thorough so I have a much more clear idea of what I need to do. It would be amazing if it does end up fixing both my center pin and intermittent shut off issues. If so, 2nd Vamo here I come! I had a plan to go to Home Depot tomorrow anyway. I am repurposing some old windows for a mini greenhouse.I will post an update,as soon as I give this trick a whirl. So excited! I may just have better growing plants and a better vape tomorrow. YAY!

not trying to hijack the thread but I tried the #60 washer fix on my vamo and it helped my center pin issue and it helped a little bit with my intermittent cutoff issue. It is only cutting itself off once or twice a day now vs. cutting itself of 5+ times a day. I am a much happier camper. Still debating myself on whether to get the SVD or the Zmax V3. Decisions, decisions.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
SVD or the Zmax V3. Decisions, decisions.

I was in the same boat. Zmax or SVD. I just endup with both. The Zmax first and i recived a defective one the very same day i sent back for replacement fasttech came out with SVD for $39 i just need to order the SVD glad i didnt pay the $90 i almost pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Ok, I'm not so happy with Fasttech right now. I ordered an SVD. After 3 days it hasn't shipped - so I opened a ticket. Response from Fasttech - it will ship when they get it back in stock before 16 June. So if they are out of stock then that will affect everyone who is waiting for them.
If something is out of stock they should say so, not keep talking orders for it.
I've let them know how I feel about it.
Posting this here because others may find a delay with SVDs too - and Fasttech won't have told you the item is not in stock.
ETA: I do know about the 5 business days thing. That's not the same as being out of stock.

Last edited:

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
Ok, I'm not so happy with Fasttech right now. I ordered an SVD. After 3 days it hasn't shipped - so I opened a ticket. Response from Fasttech - it will ship when they get it back in stock before 16 June. So if they are out of stock then that will affect everyone who is waiting for them.
If something is out of stock they should say so, not keep talking orders for it.
Posting this here because others may find a delay with SVDs too - and Fasttech won't have told you the item is not in stock.
ETA: I do know about the 5 business days thing. That's not the same as being out of stock.

Ordered mine the first day they started the sell....6-6-13......and mine still hasn't shipped either :(

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Ordered mine the first day they started the sell....6-6-13......and mine still hasn't shipped either :(

Yeah - its not possible to tell whether they really have an item in stock or they don't, and are getting more from their supplier. I think they need to change that pronto. For example, with Health Cabin if an item is not available it says so and its impossible to order it when out of stock. Fasttech need to do the same - not take money for goods they don't have - or else tell people that they are out of stock and let them know they are paying for what is really a pre-order on the next stock shipment.
I think they have great deals, but I'm not impressed with paying some-one money when they don't say they haven't got the goods.

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI

When they were out of stock on the MVP they sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to cancel my order or wait for the next shipment to arrive which was only 3 days off.

I summed in up to they were getting a ton of orders for the MVP and got a bit behind...no biggie for me to wait..but I get your point with them selling more units than they have. Yea, yellow flag for FT.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
When they were out of stock on the MVP they sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to cancel my order or wait for the next shipment to arrive which was only 3 days off.

I summed in up to they were getting a ton of orders for the MVP and got a bit behind...no biggie for me to wait..but I get your point with them selling more units than they have. Yea, yellow flag for FT.

They didn't email me or tell me. I had to open a ticket and then they told me. So I'm going to be a lot more cautious with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread