• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Great idea Night!

I am a 29 year old eclectic, though my beliefs and practices are VERY close to Wicca. As I have never been formally apart of or trained in any specific tradition I don't call myself a Wiccan, though many have referred to me as such in the past. I tend to think of God and Goddess more in line with the paleolithic representations of them. I will provide more info if someone desires, but for now moving on.
I have been married for 7 years, and we have 3 furry children (2 Shih Tzu, 1 mixed kitty) but no human children yet. I have been on my spiritual path for as long as I can remember and officially took on the label of pagan 16 years ago. I smoked for 10 years, and have been vaping for just over a year now. Started out with an 801 and 24mg juice now using a 510 (occasionally the 801 as well) and 10mg juice that I mix myself.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Merry Meet and thank you for the invitation to join the group!!

I'm a 49 year old that was a smoker for 37 years and started vaping last December. I have 1 daughter that is 21 entering her 4th year of college on her way to becoming a Vet. Hubby and I have been married 15.5 years and have 3 cats and 4 dogs. Well one of our cats disappeared a week ago, but we have not given up hope of him showing up again. All 3 cats are brothers, that we rescued from a shelter when they were around 6 weeks old. Two of them are twin orange tabbies, and what else would a witch name her cats, they are named Hocus and Pocus. Their brother is a black and grey tabby named Shadow as he is the follower out of the three. The dogs are stories that are way too long to tell, but we have a 15 year old Jack Russell Terrier, a 8 year old Doberman/Pit Bull mix, a 8 year old Blue Doberman and a 6 year old Golden Retriever. All rescued and or dumped babies.

My introduction into alternative religion was through Scientology, many many years ago. Through there I met a group of wiccans and everything changed from there. I was in a coven for several years but went solo 23 years ago when I moved from Florida to Texas. I am more comfortable keeping my practices private. While I do call myself Wiccan if asked, my rituals and beliefs are wiccan based, but have evolved into a mixture of religions. Living in small town Texas one tends to keep these things to themselves :)

Happy Vaping!!! May peace and joy fill your life today and everyday!!!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Texas is my home! There are more pagans there than you'd think. Where about, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in Alvin and accidently started a teaching coven when a neighbor noticed my bumpersticker.
I also have many many rescue pets. Dogs, cats, guinea pigs, birds, crabs... we dont discriminate on the basis of race. lol

Hello all,

I am 43 yr old single mom of 3 boys - 2 in college and one starting high school - commercial insurance is my career and I am the proud owner of a 7 yr old English Bulldog, Delila. I smoked a PAD for 25 years, until the day my Eluma arrived. So freakin happy to be an ex-smoker...never thought I could ever give up those analogs, but its been a very freeing experience to not crave or need them!! Been converting other smokers and will talk to anyone about e-cigs, juice, nic levels, etc. I am currently using a KR8 and am still in the tasting phase - there are just so many flavors to try!!! I think these things can and do help a lot of us smokers by being the one thing that so closely resembles smoking, but on a much healthier level. I thank God and Goddess every day for stumbling across info on e-cigs... my lungs and breathing haven't been this good since I was a kid (or so it seems to me, lol).

I've always been interested in many views of the universe, who we are and why we are here...no man-made religion ever satisfied me and no one way of thinking contained the answers I need/want to find. I consider myself to be a hybrid of sorts and am looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you fellow vapers!! :vapor:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Merry meet, y'all! I'm another (mostly closeted unless directly challenged) small town Texan (roughly the Abilene area). I call myself garden-variety; just your basic juicy, fresh, witchy chick.

I'm 40, smoked a PAD for a solid 25/26 years, and haven't wanted to get anywhere near a cigarette since my eGo was delivered. Yay me, yay vaping!

I have 3 kids, one of which is my only son, leaving me for A&M this month (SOB - plus, A&M? Corps of Cadets? how does a witchy liberal chick do THAT?) and my next will leave the nest next year - also an A&M hopeful. Then my youngest - who is 13 - continues the brainwashing exercise and hopes to go to A&M and join the Corps and their band.

I don't work - I did for many years, built a successful biz then burned out and now I'm "retired" (or shall we say "lazy") but I'm thinking about subbing at my girls school this year, we'll see.

Anyway, I've been a pagan for about 13 years now and am pretty psyched to have this forum - I tend to get seriously lax about my religion unless I'm actively talking about it, so this definitely has to be good for me.

Also, yeah, all of my posts tend to be tl;dr. Fair warning. ;)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Looks like I found the right place, the right group. Lemme give ya a little background here.

I've studied alternate religions for decades, but always hid that knowledge away from the family & friends - just because it wasn't 'normal' for them. I don't really follow any group affiliation or afix any label to my beliefs, simply because how I touch that which I call divine is personal and a conglomeration of many years of study, introspection, soul-searching, and just life in general.

My searching has lead me to the conclusion that now is my time to come out, and be open with the world about my beliefs....which are as varied as there are traditions out there for people to follow. There's a lot of the Wiccan tradition that 'feels' right to me, but I've also delved into vibrational gemology, Gaia-ism, some astrology, and the concept of reincarnation. One thing I am certain of, is that I am not (nor ever really was) a traditional Christian dispite having a Christian upbringing and marriage.

I am in tune with nature...and feel that there's far more clues to the nature of the universe than we are able to comprehend in a single lifetime, or bound into a human form. I know I feel most at ease when I'm around/near/or in visual range of water...my primary element.

I am a healer, first and formost...but a healer of minds and spirits instead of flesh or bodies. Right now, I'm continuing to heal my own heart, mind and spirit and shake off the years of programming from my marriage.

Glad to meet you all!

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Merry Meet Kellie, Vicks and shanagan!!!! This looks like it will be a great place to let loose :)

Wait, WitchWay - your daughter is going to be a vet? Another Pagan Aggie Mom in the house?

Almost!!! She's at A&M Commerce right now so she can live at home and save some money. She's doing all the Pre-vet stuff, then she'll transfer to the main campus. So technically I'm a Lion Mom at the moment, but will eventually be an Aggie Mom :)

Peace, Joy, Blessings and Happy Vaping!!!

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Almost!!! She's at A&M Commerce right now so she can live at home and save some money. She's doing all the Pre-vet stuff, then she'll transfer to the main campus. So technically I'm a Lion Mom at the moment, but will eventually be an Aggie Mom :)

Where did we go wrong? ;) Seriously, that's great - my kiddo wants to be in the corps, so no money-saving for us! Hopefully next year we'll be looking at a Navy scholarship for his remaining 3 years (with a 3yr service commitment) so we're hoping to save our money then. :)

mystic

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Jacksonville Beach, Fl
A transplanted Floridian checking in here!:)
I was raised eclectically, then turned totally away from organized religions in mid-life. When I turned 40 I graduated from college, divorced the first hubby (married as a teen-ager) and ran away from home. (Joined the Peace Corps and ran all the way to Kenya!) Met my current SO 17 years ago and we've lived the life of nomads ever since.

We did a stint on the Vision Quest wagon train (we're teachers), but I was pulled in by the romance of the train, I had forgotten that I'm not overly fond of kids, especially JD's!

After six weeks of teaching in the mud and rain, we went to Greyhound and asked where we could go for $100 that the sun was shining. They sold us a ticket to Albuquerque!

We stayed there for seven years, but was missing the water, so we loaded up all the furbabies and headed east. We landed in Jacksonville Beach and have been here for about five years.

After smoking two packs a day for forty years (even after one heart attack and with uncontrollable high blood pressure), I discovered e-cigs. It took me about three months to totally make the switch, but I've been smoke free for over eight months now. A year ago I wouldn't have believed that was possible!

I'm going to visit my daughter in Ohio next week. She doesn't know that I don't smoke at all, so I bet she's out buying ashtrays and feeling bad because she wants me to visit, but doesn't want me to smoke around her. What a surprise I have for her!

Didn't mean to write a novel here!

Blessed be.

subperceptual

Apr 6, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Got a 34 year old father of four, happily married, renegade Gardnerian here. I was raised in a eclectic neo-pagan potluck, rebelled against my folks in my teen years by going traditional on them, only later to dissent into a (personally perceived) truer-to-root path. Yes, still a Wiccan... not eclectic, but not so "traditional" anymore :eek:)

Started vaping several months ago, been very comfortable with it for a few, and recently started making some mods of my own (cause we are such crafty folk, right?... LOL).

Merry Meet.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Out of all of the things I saw my kids becoming, through 18 years of parenting... Yeah, safe to say this never crossed my mind. ;)

I was a Hurricane so think how disappointed I am :lol: j/k. At 4 years old my daughter set her mind to 3 things, 1 she was going to be a dancer and be on the high school drill team, 2 she was going to be a vet and 3 she was going to be an Aggie. She did 1, but due to several injuries had to give up completive dancing. She's working on 2, and since 2 & 3 go hand in hand in Texas, she'll accomplish all 3 when she's done. The Aggie thing came about because she had 2 cousins that were Aggies at the time and they kept her well clothed in Aggie apparel.

And Merry Meet to Mystic and Sub!!!! Blessings and welcome :)

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Merry Meet, I am so happy to be here.
I will jump on the broomstick. My mom raised me around her 3 witchy friends but is not a witch herself. She can not figure out why "I think I am a witch" lol. I don't think I have ever been christian even though my father taught me how to be a good Catholic. I have been pagan as long as I can remember. I am fairly active in the local pagan community. I am also a member of a women's group called the black hat sisterhood. We meet once a month for study or crafts or just general mayhem lol. I am also involved in a local circle (not coven) but I am solitary in my path.
I do follow the Wiccan Rede but am not Wiccan. I lean more toward elemental witchcraft I guess. I am also a healer, I do animal reiki more than people though. I have received 2 reiki attunements and am working toward the 3rd.
My sig tells my vaping tale lol.
I am happily handfasted for 2yrs now, to my permanent husband lol.The 8th was our anniversary. In total we have 5 kids 2 mine,2 his and one ours. They range in age from 22 to 4.
I tend to ramble.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Merry Meet to All,
I am 41 and a widower. My only children are my cats, Spaz & Poppie. Am I a Pagan? I have been contemplating this since the ripe old age of 12. My family life forced me to mature at an early age and what I had seen of "religion" just didn't make any sense to me. So, while sitting in my favorite tree, I began to consider my existence; and what I determined to feel right, I later learned had many similarities to Gaia-ism, Druid-ism and Wicca. ( sorry, not familiar with proper terminology )
I am a bit conflicted though because my inner nature is a bit more warrior like, so I wonder if Asatru or Odinism may be more appropriate. Seeing so many religions "borrow" beliefs and practices from the old ways and yet insist they are the true path has made me more than a little cynical. I have not researched as much as I should because of this.
But, I try to live my life in harmony, help where I can, and do no harm when I can avoid it. Maybe here I can learn enough to pull me out of my cynicism and finally move forward on the Wheel.

Merry Met and Merry Meet Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread