• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Pagan for years, smoker for many years, but less.. vaper for some months, and I love it. I'm a solitary practitioner, with a penchant for astralling. I suppose you could call me eclectic, if you so chose.

I'm not really sure how to join a social group, so hopefully someone will tell me.

Seems to me you joined just fine. Welcome to the group Olde One.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome to all those who have joined up recently! I apologize for the delays in getting people added. I am not very active on the forums lately. Hopefully soon I can figure out how to add moderators or secondary admins to this group so others can keep the group growing if I am not around for a while.

Olde One, I invited you to the group which should show up in your private messages area shortly. Some times it can be a bit confusing, especially if you arent used to this type of forum.

Blessed Be All!

Storm0075

Jan 9, 2011
Eljton, MD
Hello all. I just found this sub forum. I am loving the fact that there is an area for "others" as well. So here is my story.

I am a 32 year old mom who has been smoking since she was 17 and became Wiccan/Pagan/Whatever you want to call it around the same time. My beliefs are eclectic since I don't believe that anyone has it just right and I follow what my heart thinks best. I have been in covens before and prefer to do things my own way. I was raised Christian and grew up in Catholic schooling, I guess that is what started my search for other religions. I was ostracized since I was not Catholic, but I received an excellent education so I'll take it. Plus we were required in high school to study other religions. My mother still thinks it is a phase I will grow out of some day and I'm sure I am not the only one who has dealt with that kind of attitude. She still swears there is devil worship in there somewhere, but as the saying goes....You can lead a horse to water...

My BF and I recently started vaping and couldn't be happier with this life change.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome to forum Storm! Congrats on both switching to vaping and holding your ground religiously. I would venture to say that the vast majority of us have experience with those who firmly believe we worship the devil. Its rough trying to get them to see the truth, but some are open minded enough to actually listen to us. Though, these days I tend to just shrug the comment off siting that "They are just jealous because my god is hornier than their god!" :lol: sorry... bad Herne pun.... :vapor:

BB

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
Welcome to all those who have joined up recently! I apologize for the delays in getting people added. I am not very active on the forums lately. Hopefully soon I can figure out how to add moderators or secondary admins to this group so others can keep the group growing if I am not around for a while.

Olde One, I invited you to the group which should show up in your private messages area shortly. Some times it can be a bit confusing, especially if you arent used to this type of forum.

Blessed Be All!

Thanks for the invite. Yeah, this forum's format is a bit confusing. When I click on the "Pagan Vapers" icon in my profile, it takes me to a completely different section. To access these pages, I have to go through ECF's main forum page. I have no idea what's going on. ;)

phoenixfire

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2011
Southeast Mo.
Glad to find this group. My name is Jerry,also known as Phoenix in some parts. I am 52 and have had Pagen beliefs most of my life, even when I didn't know what a pagen was. My beliefs are more druid/ native american than anything. I live in an area that has quite a few pagens in it, but they are hard to find. they are mostly solitary and and do not wish to associate with others unless they have known them for a long time. There are a lot of Baptist's and rednecks to.LOL
There are also several redneck pagens, now thats SCARY!!!

Last edited:

TwistedInFresno

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Fresno, CA
Hi, I'm Lynne. I'm almost at my half-century mark (woo-hoo!) with a grown daughter/5 grandsons. I'm pretty new to e-cigs... I've had an 801 for awhile, and just got my Riva yesterday! I've come to consider myself pagan, not because I reject all christian beliefs, but more because the christian stuff is only a small part of the whole picture IMHO. I truly believe that while some truths are universal, they represent to different people in different ways. I hesitate to call myself wiccan, or any other 'label', as i've had really bad experiences with organized religion in so many ways. I guess my truth is that i'm still learning and searching...as, i hope, we all are.
One of the reasons i decided to change to vaping was one day i tried to visualize 38 years worth of cigarette butts, all piled up...non-recyclable...polluting our earth...

If i have posted here prematurely...if i was supposed to apply to join this group, will someone please let me know?

I look forward to sharing much in this group!! :)

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Hey, I found Pagans at ECF! w00t!

I found ECF about 2 months ago, got my 510 on March 7th, had my last analog on March 17, and now I've found my tribe! Is this great, or what?

Sorry to be so silly, but it is 2:24 am and I'm just too lazy to get up and go to bed.

Anyway, I'm 54, divorced, two grown daughters (Pookie #2 graduates from Berkeley next month) of whom I am incredibly proud. Raised by agnostic parents, I was an atheist for most of my life, but an atheist who couldn't go more than a day or two without a long talk with the moon, and who had personal relationships with plants and streams and rocks. Then I had an encounter with something that made me admit to myself that my relationship with unseen things was not "all in my head". Several years after I recognized that I believed in *something*, different from the something that most people claimed to believe in, my daughter, 14 at the time, wanted to go to Wicca 101 classes at a local bookstore. She needed me to go with her to attend since she was under 18.

When the Gardnerians who were leading the class started talking about their beliefs, I thought, "Wow, they know about all the stuff I thought only I believed." I was initiated by Gardnerians, but we formed an eclectic coven, which has since morphed several times. We have lately been discussing moving away from a lot of the traditional Wiccan ideas, especially the restrictive gender stuff, but I would describe myself as Wiccan - close enough.

Merry meet, good people. And good night.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
My name is Dalton. I am a 27 year old Wiccan. I have been on ECF for a few months, but just now found these groups. I have been Wiccan since I was 14. Others were having fun wearing black and "casting spells" and "being unique". I knew there must be more.

I have a girlfriend of 4 years, and a 3 year old son. My interests are electronics, nuclear physics, and botanical medicine. Hopefully I will grow to know each of you!

btw MsTick I see you had your last analog on March 17, mine was March 16, just one day prior!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread