• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Welcome! There is a place for the warrior-priest/ess in many paths. All I can say is study study study, and then read and study some more. Take what you feel is right and true, then leave the rest. I call myself a universalist pagan, because I hold universal beliefs in a pagan context. I don't know that it directly follows a set path or sect or whatever, but its a set of beliefs, faith, spiritualism, religion whatever that works for me in my life. That's all you can ask of any religion or way of life.
Happy Journey!

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
What NightHawk said! LOL. That is exactly what I was about to say. See Night I told ya we think a lot alike! :) As for the cynicism, it is not uncommon with Pagans raised by Christians or who are former Christians themselves. Kinda comes with the territory. I always remind myself though that though their path may not be for me, it works for them. All paths are valid as long as there is someone to walk them. Its just too bad some of those paths havn't figured that out yet. ;) Blessed Be!

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I do agree to a certain extent VaporPhreak, everyone must walk their own path. I believe we are all the warp & weft of the same spiritual fabric that holds the universe together. In the early days, all the different Gods & "Religions" were just the expression of different cultures trying to come to grips with how they perceived their own spiritual connection. But then you have Christianity; which, to me, looks like "the Man" figuring that religion was the best way to control everyone so they cobbled something together that they figured was the best compromise to lure the masses into excepting their control. The hypocrisy of Christianity is staggeringly obvious to me, but it just shows how fragile Man's ego has become. That many people would accept a doctrine that contradicts itself in so many ways, just to feel better about themselves and their misconceived insignificance in the greater scheme of things.
Sorry about rambling on:ohmy:, I don't get to talk about this very much.:D

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
We don't mind. we've all been there too! I got mad at Christianity for a while. Maybe a long while, before I figured out that it does work and do good things for many people. It's not for me, but that's ok too. You will find the 'more pagan than thou' s just as quick as you will find hipocrits anywhere. People are people, and human nature is what it is. I really try to be as kind as possible to everyone, you never know what tremendous struggle they are trying to overcome.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Merry Meet to one and all!

Another Pagan here. Hubby (FyreDragon) and I live near Evansville, IN. Our path is Wiccan in many ways though there are some differences here and there. We do our own thing basically ... lol. We both love to discuss and explore the different beliefs of all the religions out there. Our only rules in those discussions are, we don't force our beliefs on you so don't force your's on us.

Of course it was rather funny the day the Mormons came knocking on the door 2 years ago. By the time they left, I had them agreeing that yes there were many gods and goddesses out there, not just their god. ;)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I havent bothered to do the introduction til now (don't know why)...
I'd say that I'm more heathen than pagan....definitely not wiccan....generally the fad and newly wiccan annoy me (you know the ones that say they're wiccan but don't really know what it is...the ones that popped up when the craft and things like Buffy were popular)...
it might just be me though....I was raised catholic and started to question different world religions in high school searching for the right thing for me (I was tired of the stand up sit down and recite this without thought or any real knowlege or thought behind things.....and I see alot of newer wiccans where that's the same case or just a way of being different( I did that myself early on considering being a discordian))
also been doing medieval recreation for years and years now so history and learning is a big thing with me....
so I settled into a Theodish way....though have been non practicing in the community for the last several years do to lots of personal circumstances

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
generally the fad and newly wiccan annoy me (you know the ones that say they're wiccan but don't really know what it is...the ones that popped up when the craft and things like Buffy were popular)...

Oh, you mean the "Fluffy Bunnies" that have infiltrated the pagan communities of late. Yep, we've had quite a few of those around here as well.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Oh, you mean the "Fluffy Bunnies" that have infiltrated the pagan communities of late. Yep, we've had quite a few of those around here as well.

LOL - That reminds me of the "posers" ( politest word I could think of :) ) I kept running into when trying to find local believers several years back. From what I gather, there are at least 3 hedge witches in my area but I couldn't find them. I guess I didn't have anyone to vouch that I wasn't a "poser" myself. ;)

Merry Meet, to all!

Figured it was time to chime in and introduce myself, after exploring all the different corners of ECF. I'm a 50+ mom with two amazing adult children, and a very open minded DH; we live in rural OK, north of OKC.

I was so happy to find e-cigarettes - and ECF - three months ago; smoking analogs just didn't fit my spiritual embodiment. Hopefully someday I'll back down the nic enough to give it up vaping ..... NOT! Right now, it's too much fun!

Don't care to label myself, but I suppose you could call me a "green witch" of sorts, definitely eclectic and spiritually nature-based. When I'm not outside talking to trees and wild critters or playing in the gardens on our acreage, you'll find me on "search adventures" on the internet or volunteering at a local no-kill animal shelter. Oh, and I'm working on a degree from the University of Metaphysical Sciences, and hope to use my empathic abilities in counseling, pagan marriages and funerals, and pet clergy - when I can leave my day job in a couple of years.

As 2012 approaches, I envision that each of us will spiritually evolve to a higher consciousness - to create a world free of prejudice, pain, fear, hunger, war and materialism! (Sound interesting? Check out "Intenders of the Highest Good" on the web.)

It's nice to meet y'all! Happy Yule and a wonderful new year!

[Passing on the Talking Stick to the next new member...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread