Not open for further replies.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
P6180947-1.jpg

Ok, so I know that I am approaching this bass ackwards, but here is a pic of my favorite Russian-style spindle with the wool that I used to make the beaded scarf that I posted yesterday.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
:laugh: Where are you finding these!!! Hilarious! :lol: I haven't been out yet today, but if I don't get a walk or something... Maybe late tonight.

I like walking at night, but it tends to be a wee bit dark in the woods. And, there's no place here that isn't woods.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
It sounds beautiful and buggie...

Usually - The bugs aren't bad. The bats take care of the majority of the mosquitoes. In the spring and early summer there are ticks. With this drought, there are deer flies that are holding me hostage in my own home. They bite! But there are places on my property that are so beautiful that they take my breath away.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Usually - The bugs aren't bad. The bats take care of the majority of the mosquitoes. In the spring and early summer there are ticks. With this drought, there are deer flies that are holding me hostage in my own home. They bite! But there are places on my property that are so beautiful that they take my breath away.

I actually think bats are cool, btw. There are quite a few around here, and I sit outside at night just to watch them flit around sometimes. Lucky...

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I actually think bats are cool, btw. There are quite a few around here, and I sit outside at night just to watch them flit around sometimes. Lucky...

I like to watch the bats too. Dunno what kind they are 'cause I can never get a close enough look. Probably little brown bats.

When I was painting I refused to paint something just because I thought it would sell. Instead, I sorta went in the opposite direction. Most of my paintings were night paintings - so a bat was a natural. I painted one of a little brown bat catching a moth in mid-air. Thought I might end up being the owner of that one forever, but it sold the first time I showed it. You never know what people will go for. I also (for a joke) painted one of a dung beetle rolling a ball of ... um ... excrement. The painting was a joke for the other artists because all we seemed to do was schlep our crap from one part of the country to another. I named it "Welcome to My World". Sold that one too - the first time I showed it. Weird ... :blink:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I like to watch the bats too. Dunno what kind they are 'cause I can never get a close enough look. Probably little brown bats.

When I was painting I refused to paint something just because I thought it would sell. Instead, I sorta went in the opposite direction. Most of my paintings were night paintings - so a bat was a natural. I painted one of a little brown bat catching a moth in mid-air. Thought I might end up being the owner of that one forever, but it sold the first time I showed it. You never know what people will go for. I also (for a joke) painted one of a dung beetle rolling a ball of ... um ... excrement. The painting was a joke for the other artists because all we seemed to do was schlep our crap from one part of the country to another. I named it "Welcome to My World". Sold that one too - the first time I showed it. Weird ... :blink:

I would have loved the bat painting. The dung beetle with his special ball of dung, well, maybe not as much. I love the name, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread