iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghead

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Usa
Broke down today and bought a pro tank 2 to see what the fuss was about. Filled it with some black licorice juice ( both from local B&M) and WOW! Got an evod tank too and dig both on the MVP. My iClear 30 and ARO are now nice back ups! Also got some great tips from the swell guy at the shop. Unfortunately, he let me try out his personal mech mod with drip tank, and well, I love my MVP, but still want more toys!

cctex

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
I let my husband use my baby today... He doesn't wanna give it back... He just said 'you better order another one of these'... He keeps taking over.my goodies, lol... I knew he would love it. How can you not, right?

So where to order the new one from? Energy series maybe. Where do they offer the most in designs. And who has em at good prices these days?

Check out ebay also. You can find all the designs and very good prices.

Sundodger

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2013
All 57 States
Can I still join the club? Yesterday bought wife and I each MVP 2.0. Lovin' it, but now I need to play with my coils to get the best vape. Some of the coils I previously built are a little lower ohm than what I'd like to try. I figure with an extra coil wrap I'll get more surface area on the wick, more vape and flavor. Very happy even with the current 1.8ohm coils, just thinking 2.2-2.4 will allow more adjustment and like I said surface area on the wick.
I have the vaping power chart printed so will shoot for the range that gives the most adjustment considering we both use a lot of different types of liquids and flavors.
Hey, and if I don't like the higher ohm I can always go back lower. :)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Tons of new owners checking in! It really is one of the best most versatile device out there.

Welcome to the ranks and feel free to fly the banner:

sigpic42653_11.gif

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Can I still join the club? Yesterday bought wife and I each MVP 2.0.
Lovin' it, but now I need to play with my coils to get the best vape.
Some of the coils I previously built are a little lower ohm than what I'd like to try.
I figure with an extra coil wrap I'll get more surface area on the wick, more vape and flavor. Very happy even with the current 1.8ohm coils, just thinking 2.2-2.4 will allow more adjustment and like I said surface area on the wick.
I have the vaping power chart printed so will shoot for the range that gives the most adjustment
considering we both use a lot of different types of liquids and flavors.
Hey, and if I don't like the higher ohm I can always go back lower. :)

hey whats up welcome to the club

ohms don't matter much because you have variable power adjustment
if you find the review (PBusardo) on the oscilloscope shows the
MVP works best at about 2.0Ω...

just start low, increase till your happy (vv or vw)

Vape≈Smart :2cool:

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
Maybe old phones but no phone I've Ever had has had this type of thing. I've owned a lot of phones too I currently have 5 smartphones and watch my phones charging and discharging rates very closely. Of course all the phones I have at the moment are fairly new Xperia Z, HTC One, Nokia 920, nexus 5 and LG G2 so they are all newer technology. Either way the mvp2 does control the charging rate not the charger.

>^.^< Sent From Meow Xperia Z
I know the Samsung Galaxy Prevail (only two years old) will only charge at 0.7 amps. But yes, no such issues with the MVP 2, works just fine on my 1 amp charger.

So here's my story of "MVP land" if you will. I started witg v1. Had it less than 24 hours and my daughter knocked it in water :( then purchased another one and I like it has kept going for a few months and I work on an ambulance, constantly pocketing it and pulling it out and just all around hard on it. Then my wife's v1 took a tumble and the post with the connector became "moveable" and tempermental. Some tanks, the post had to be pushed in and others it had to be pulled out. So I decided to order her the v2. She liked it but the "button is too hard to press" so we switched (Win in my book). I like these things we just seem to have bad luck lol. She now also has an evic and I have a vamo v5 coming in soon. I forsee this still being my work choice as it is a solid little unit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
How long do you guys think this should last overall, before the battery fails to maintain a charge? Say, like a year of moderate vaping? I know the average will be a very round number but just wondering.

I've read that your average lipo battery holds for ~300 cycles before it drops below an acceptable charge level. If I were to vape my MVP exclusively, I think a full charge would last me ~1.5 days. Doing some math, we get 450 days if used exclusively.

Totally a guestament but it should be enough to go by.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
How long do you guys think this should last overall, before the battery fails to maintain a charge? Say, like a year of moderate vaping? I know the average will be a very round number but just wondering.

this is from Battery U :

every reduction of 0.10v% (charging) is said to double life cycle of battery

-charging the li-ion cell to 4.2v expect 300-500 discharge cycles
-charging the li-ion cell to 4.1v expect 600-1000 discharge cycles

so, charging the battery to 4.1v (not full 4.2v) will double the life of your battery

est: - charge MVP every other day (365÷2=182) (182 cycles a yr)
182x3=564 cycles

:2cool:

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
So here's my story of "MVP land" if you will. I started witg v1. Had it less than 24 hours and my daughter knocked it in water :( then purchased another one and I like it has kept going for a few months and I work on an ambulance, constantly pocketing it and pulling it out and just all around hard on it. Then my wife's v1 took a tumble and the post with the connector became "moveable" and tempermental. Some tanks, the post had to be pushed in and others it had to be pulled out. So I decided to order her the v2. She liked it but the "button is too hard to press" so we switched (Win in my book). I like these things we just seem to have bad luck lol. She now also has an evic and I have a vamo v5 coming in soon. I forsee this still being my work choice as it is a solid little unit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Welcome, always nice to see another vaper in EMS.

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Florence, AZ, USA
Hi Everyone.

I have a question. Is it possible to use a wall charger with the MVP? If so, would I need a specific one?

I've charged my MVP using a micro usb cable (not the one that came with it) via my pc, and also using a nook charger (with the nook cable), my Kindle charger with the Kindle cable, and a Samsung phone wall wart with the MVP cable. Every one of them worked perfectly (the nook charger/cable took longer than any other method, but still worked).

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
this is from Battery U :

every reduction of 0.10v% (charging) is said to double life cycle of battery

-charging the li-ion cell to 4.2v expect 300-500 discharge cycles
-charging the li-ion cell to 4.1v expect 600-1000 discharge cycles

so, charging the battery to 4.1v (not full 4.2v) will double the life of your battery

est: - charge MVP every other day (365÷2=182) (182 cycles a yr)
182x3=564 cycles

:2cool:

The problem with Battery U is some times they don't show the whole picture. Other times they are quite inaccurate. The guys on my E-bike forum are hardcore battery guys some of whom are in the industry and if you even dare to use the words "battery U" over there, they won't even discuss it with you. Battery U is good for general understanding but don't think they are the end all and check around on any facts you get there.

If you notice, when the MVP is fully charged it reads 4.2 but after only five or so vapes it drops to 4.1 but will stay at 4.1 for quite some time. The charge put on the MVP is just ever so slightly over 4.2. In essence it is a FULL 4.1. Most of the guys over there recommend taking it just to 4.2 and I really trust these guys. Also, remember that if you charge to a lower power, you will have a shorter run time.

I understand your theory but I am not sure that it is 100 percent correct. I am going to continue to charge mine fully. I think I'll do some reading up on it and get back to you.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The problem with Battery U is some times they don't show the whole picture. Other times they are quite inaccurate. The guys on my E-bike forum are hardcore battery guys some of whom are in the industry and if you even dare to use the words "battery U" over there, they won't even discuss it with you. Battery U is good for general understanding but don't think they are the end all and check around on any facts you get there.

If you notice, when the MVP is fully charged it reads 4.2 but after only five or so vapes it drops to 4.1 but will stay at 4.1 for quite some time. The charge put on the MVP is just ever so slightly over 4.2. In essence it is a FULL 4.1. Most of the guys over there recommend taking it just to 4.2 and I really trust these guys. Also, remember that if you charge to a lower power, you will have a shorter run time.

I understand your theory but I am not sure that it is 100 percent correct. I am going to continue to charge mine fully. I think I'll do some reading up on it and get back to you.

1 of my MVP2 charges to 4.2 and as you said, quickly drops to 4.1, my other MVP2 charges to 4.1, never seen it go up to 4.2, but don't notice any real difference in battery time between the 2 MVP2's.

luvchins

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2014
    USA
    I've charged my MVP using a micro usb cable (not the one that came with it) via my pc, and also using a nook charger (with the nook cable), my Kindle charger with the Kindle cable, and a Samsung phone wall wart with the MVP cable. Every one of them worked perfectly (the nook charger/cable took longer than any other method, but still worked).

Thanks for the quick reply. My laptop recently died on me, so I need to be able to charge my devices via a wall charger. I have one for my vv3. I wonder if that one would work. If not, I 'll use my kindle charger.

Thanks again...

liquidzoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2013
    Florence, AZ, USA
    Thanks for the quick reply. My laptop recently died on me, so I need to be able to charge my devices via a wall charger. I have one for my vv3. I wonder if that one would work. If not, I 'll use my kindle charger.

Thanks again...

Should work just fine, especially since the VV3 is essentially the little brother of the MVP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread