Lowe"s bans the use of e-cigs on it's property

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Since I learned of Lowe's building a brick policy wall around their stores, I have not purchased anything from them, though I have purchased quite a bit from Home Depot and Menard's. I've also calmly asked people and companies who do work on our properties not to purchase anything for us from Lowe's and explained why. Two of them told me they were so incensed about this bone-brained policy that they will no longer do business with Lowe's on behalf of any of their other customers either.

A few tens of thousands of dollars here, and a few tens of thousands of dollars there . . . maybe Lowe's will get the message. Spread the word, folks. There are a lot of people who would love any kind of reason to stick it to one of the big-box chain stores.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Since I learned of Lowe's building a brick policy wall around their stores, I have not purchased anything from them, though I have purchased quite a bit from Home Depot and Menard's. I've also calmly asked people and companies who do work on our properties not to purchase anything for us from Lowe's and explained why. Two of them told me they were so incensed about this bone-brained policy that they will no longer do business with Lowe's on behalf of any of their other customers either.

A few tens of thousands of dollars here, and a few tens of thousands of dollars there . . . maybe Lowe's will get the message. Spread the word, folks. There are a lot of people who would love any kind of reason to stick it to one of the big-box chain stores.

Well done! Thank you for leading the way. I would like to meet you one day and shake your hand. :toast:
Home Depot has gotten all of my business since this started.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have a Lowes credit card that I use on very rare occasions. After noticing the other day that the APR is 22.99%, I was going to cancel it anyway. I think I'll do it in person instead of on the phone and let them know why.

Home Depot just got a new customer. I can't believe that contractor employees, who are most likely higher levels of smokers, will put up with the way it's worded. Parking lots for Lowes in our area are in strip malls. They don't own property at any of their locations.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Two weeks or so ago, I had sent a letter of customer resignation due to their thoughtless ban of ex-smokers.

I then immediately sent a separate letter providing them with links to educate themselves for a better tomorrow. (links to CASAA, the podcast by the DR discussing how Nicotine is safe, the article about the Nudge cabinet promoting the use of eCigs, the blog of Dr. Michael Segel who also expresses eCigs are safer than traditionals, I even mentioned the Court Docketts and how Big Pharma was worried about their profits from nicorette ... etc... )

Today I heard back. Kind of a form letter, yes. But, they didn't have to do that. Perhaps they are indeed listening and
maybe someday they will reconsider their stand on this very important issue.

Here is their letter:

Dear Uma,

Thank you for giving Lowe's an opportunity to respond to your email. We are extremely proud of our customer service, however; we are eager to hear customer feedback so we can identify opportunities to improve our service and customer satisfaction.

I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989, or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to Lowe's Companies, Mail Code CON8, 1605 Curtis Bridge Rd., Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28697.

Thank you,

Ray

Lowe's Executive Support

It looks to me like they are really interested in being educated fairly. Please send to them courteous letters jammed packed with educational resources so we can all have a better tomorrow. March on!!

(it's business numbers, addys, so it should be okay to disclose on the forum I hope. If not, I'll remove and you can pm me)

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Two weeks or so ago, I had sent a letter of customer resignation due to their thoughtless ban of ex-smokers.

I then immediately sent a separate letter providing them with links to educate themselves for a better tomorrow. (links to CASAA, the podcast by the DR discussing how Nicotine is safe, the article about the Nudge cabinet promoting the use of eCigs, the blog of Dr. Michael Segel who also expresses eCigs are safer than traditionals, I even mentioned the Court Docketts and how Big Pharma was worried about their profits from nicorette ... etc... )

Today I heard back. Kind of a form letter, yes. But, they didn't have to do that. Perhaps they are indeed listening and
maybe someday they will reconsider their stand on this very important issue.

Here is their letter:

Dear Uma,

Thank you for giving Lowe's an opportunity to respond to your email. We are extremely proud of our customer service, however; we are eager to hear customer feedback so we can identify opportunities to improve our service and customer satisfaction.

I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989, or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to Lowe's Companies, Mail Code CON8, 1605 Curtis Bridge Rd., Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28697.

Thank you,

Ray

Lowe's Executive Support

It looks to me like they are really interested in being educated fairly. Please send to them courteous letters jammed packed with educational resources so we can all have a better tomorrow. March on!!

(it's business numbers, addys, so it should be okay to disclose on the forum I hope. If not, I'll remove and you can pm me)

I just got the EXACT same form response.

rtrain99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
The 808 state
Well I don't own the store nor do I work there. It is just a policy for the employees. I've vaped in Lowe's and they did not give me a problem about it. But this issue is something to consider when shopping at establishments with said policy. I will be dropping an e mail though and voice my opinion. Vaping IMHO is still an underground movement. We have that same policy at my workplace but still break the rules from time to time when the boss is not looking. I've also made mods for co-workers that like stealth vaping. What these CEOs don't understand is that on average smokers work about an hour less than non-smokers for the fact that you have to physically walk outside and finish the analog. Someone should tell them that it will boost productivity if they are willing to let people take a toot or 2 at their workstations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread