Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Plenty of vapir, but generally mesh is mid wattage. Wattage does not always translate to bigger/smaller clouds. Your preconceived impressions are getting in your way and limiting your options imo. My uncle can match my clouds with his 30w istick/nauti setup.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Plenty of vapir, but generally mesh is mid wattage. Wattage does not always translate to bigger/smaller clouds. Your preconceived impressions are getting in your way and limiting your options imo. My uncle can match my clouds with his 30w istick/nauti setup.
My fused claptons fire best at 80 watts. Thats why I vape at 80. If a coil will fire at a lower wattage I dont have a problem turning down the wattage. I fire them at about the same wattage a mech mod wud. Least thats what I calculated on my ohms law app.

Reactions: stols001

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
My fused claptons fire best at 80 watts. Thats why I vape at 80. If a coil will fire at a lower wattage I dont have a problem turning down the wattage. I fire them at about the same wattage a mech mod wud. Least thats what I calculated on my ohms law app.

If you still love your .403 build, you're nowhere near what a mech would put out. A single battery mech would get to roughly 34W, a series mech would be around the 130W mark.

• Useful

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
With the Paranormal ud burn urself on 130watts. Anything over 80watts boost and its entirely to hot.

With any other mod you'd burn yourself at 130W also. With your build. I can vape my build at 150W it'll be a warm dense vape, but I won't burn myself. And my mod fires up to 200W accurately.

• Useful

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
With any other mod you'd burn yourself at 130W also. With your build. I can vape my build at 150W it'll be a warm dense vape, but I won't burn myself. And my mod fires up to 200W accurately.
So 80 is a good setting?

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
So 80 is a good setting?

No it's horrible you shouldn't do it!

I'm joking. Whatever works for you is a "good setting", there's no good or bad, that's relative to YOU. You can always ask what people like and what they don't like, but you can't know for yourself until you try it. To get back to the main topic, some people swear by mesh, some can't stand it, you try it and see for yourself. That's how it is with vaping.
There are basic physics and electronics to know if you want to vape safely, but after that, it's up to your taste and yours only.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
No it's horrible you shouldn't do it!

I'm joking. Whatever works for you is a "good setting", there's no good or bad, that's relative to YOU. You can always ask what people like and what they don't like, but you can't know for yourself until you try it. To get back to the main topic, some people swear by mesh, some can't stand it, you try it and see for yourself. That's how it is with vaping.
There are basic physics and electronics to know if you want to vape safely, but after that, it's up to your taste and yours only.
Mesh doesnt look like Id like it.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If you don't like intense flavor & huge cloudz you won't like mesh.

IMO, Nothing beats the wicking material to 'coil' contact surface area of a properly set up mesh build.
Like any RBA it takes some fiddling & experimentation to find what it is you like best & how it all works together.

Might check out the Cthulhu Ceto.
Stupid huge cloudz,(bigger than bro cloudz) & intense flavor.
The mesh packs they offer work well, probably have to buy one of each to see which works best for you.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Mesh coils in theory have potential to cook juice on a wick very efficiently. But like any theory, proper application is a must.

That stuff is way past my ability right now, so I'm sticking with a traditional approach. But yeah, I can see them being great at max clouds or great at flavor for the average user. The experienced sort who knows how to tweak temperatures, ramp up and downs and all that will certainly take advantage of the potentials.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've heard many reports of happy users of mesh but does that mean YOU will like it? I have no idea, to be honest. Seems like mesh tanks, each one is a bit different, in terms of vape output and flavor and etc.

You could try more things with less risk if you remain open minded about it. You don't have to say, buy a 200 dollar mesh tank, you could try a less expensive one and see what you think and if you are not a fan, well, you aren't out very much.

But, if it seems like you won't like it, move on to something else. Are you searching for your next new atomizer to try or something?

In any case, 80 watts is PERFECT. FOR YOU. You have stated other temperatures are unsatisfying so 80 watts is perfect FOR YOU, ON that coil, ON that mod, ON that tank.

A different tank might perform better for you at different wattages and etc. You try the "wattage' experiment every time you build something DIFFERENT but if you are happy with your current setup no need to change anything.

Wattage numbers aren't a competition. Vaping does not ALWAYS improve based on highest wattage, which is the reason wattage has a PLUS and a MINUS button going on.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread