Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I need to ask, because Im seeing myself getting a 22mm KFL 2019, love the looks, size simplicity everything so far, but.....
I need to know for sure, is the KFL 2019 a bit wider at the bottom edge of the base? Ive read some owners say they could not use them in tube mechs that have those top caps that enclose the atty... not sure if Im describing it right, but like the Smuggler and LPG, where the atty is actually inside the tube partly.

Some people say they cant use their KFL 2019 22 cause it doesnt fit? or they say that on a 22 tube with flat top it extends just a tad wider at the base.
Just want to make sure I can live with that before I purchase, cause I suck at reselling.

smuggler-full-brass-kit-18350-18650-sturm-mods.jpg

Reactions: AstroTurf

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
That wire and wattage is typically what I use in my Prime. 30 gauge 316, 7 wraps, 8-12 watts. Haven't tried the 2019 Lite but it's on my list.
Did you ever get it? Like you, I love my Prime and have been hesitating on the 2019 Lite. I'd love to hear your opinion. Just curious, do you use the Prime extension kit?

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I vape all my rtas, like the nkfl, prime, darvw, km3, ERv3, etc at 23 ish watts and find it perfect at that power..26g .6 ohms. Most however vape those mtl rtas much lower. 30 watts is pretty much at the very top range on these types of rtas and in order to achieve that wattage, you better be a good wicker

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm interested in looking at other MTLs. I see you mentioned the Evil Reaper. I enjoy the Prime on the largest AF setting. How would the ER compare?

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
@anavidfan
I have one of my KFL22's on a Procyon and there is no overhang (as I remember but if it did,,, it would have already tore me up and I'd be quite aware of it). However, I don't recall if the Procyon is a "true" 22mm O.D. or not. Eventually plan to replace my P3 Kabuki on the Celtic P3 with another KFL22 and don't extrapolate or anticipate any Aesthetic Remorse or issues.
Have a KFL24 on a SXmini SL with me at work today and they share the same Design Attributes and do notice the Base may be a tiny tad more dia. However, the bottom edge does have an approx. 1mm x 1mm inward Chamfer which would greatly aid in the aesthetic transition from Atty to Tube & "ease" any "Ocular Anguish" ;) should the Tube O.D. actually be a perfectly tight (or slightly smaller than) 22.

***Oopsie,,, just saw your Pic and now realize your true dilemma... Beggin' your pardon and please excuse my momentary Case of the Head Up A** on Monday Morn Syndrome.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm interested in looking at other MTLs. I see you mentioned the Evil Reaper. I enjoy the Prime on the largest AF setting. How would the ER compare?
When I get home I will check and compare for you, but I'm thinking they both are very similar totally opened up

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The ER3 is more open then the prime at their widest. If you set the reaper one before its widest, it should be where you like it....

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
The ER3 is more open then the prime at their widest. If you set the reaper one before its widest, it should be where you like it....

So you consider the EVL3 a loose DL? How does the flavor compare to the V1?

Correction: Tight DL

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
There is no need for pics really - the hole in the 510 where the nylon screw for the airflow is, i just filled it with red silicone sealant. The screw is no longer accessible, but will never leak.
how bout outgassing?

does your fix outgas lethal vapors?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So you consider the EVL3 a loose DL? How does the flavor compare to the V1?

Correction: Tight DL
I'm not really the one to ask on anything DL as I can do restrictive dtl hits on 1.2mm rtas , when I hear others saying its impossible. My preferred af size atm is 1.2mm, so vaping the ER3 fully open is too airy. Imo the ER3 wide open seems like a fully dtl tank, but I know it's not considered that to most. 95 percent of the time I'm mtl, but occasionally I do take dtl hits , but it's on the same tank that I mtl and they range from 1mm to 1.6mm and it feels comfortable for me, so I honestly cant answer your question as I never have vaped anything other then mtl rtas.. the ER3's flavor is every bit as good as the v1 reaper, but way better looking.....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
There is no need for pics really - the hole in the 510 where the nylon screw for the airflow is, i just filled it with red silicone sealant. The screw is no longer accessible, but will never leak.
I wonder where that juice is going then? Do you have to every so often clean the base, as it fills up with juice?

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm not really the one to ask on anything DL as I can do restrictive dtl hits on 1.2mm rtas , when I hear others saying its impossible. My preferred af size atm is 1.2mm, so vaping the ER3 fully open is too airy. Imo the ER3 wide open seems like a fully dtl tank, but I know it's not considered that to most. 95 percent of the time I'm mtl, but occasionally I do take dtl hits , but it's on the same tank that I mtl and they range from 1mm to 1.6mm and it feels comfortable for me, so I honestly cant answer your question as I never have vaped anything other then mtl rtas.. the ER3's flavor is every bit as good as the v1 reaper, but way better looking.....

You actually did answer my question because I can understand measurements better than various descriptions of tight this, loose that. I'm interested in exploring other MTLs other than the ones I have and I don't mind if it opens up a bit more than the Prime. I was hoping the ER3 would be an option.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You actually did answer my question because I can understand measurements better than various descriptions of tight this, loose that. I'm interested in exploring other MTLs other than the ones I have and I don't mind if it opens up a bit more than the Prime. I was hoping the ER3 would be an option.
If you like the prime, then I know you will like the reaper. Both have pretty much the same af options, but the reaper can open slightly more at its fullest. And the reaper can go tight as well, as tight as the prime...you just have to get use to a couple things, like the way the deck comes out and the juice flow. I use to screw on the tank, which closes off juice flow, then once snug on mod, open JF back up (which if you dont grab it correctly, loosens the tank to the mod) but now I just always vape the reaper in the closed JF position (which doesnt close it completely and obviously is enough flow for me) I vape 60 to 70vg at 20ish watts and my coil stays well saturated even with JF closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread