Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Even I must admit the Old Recliner is getting a bit Long In the Tooth .. it's tough to toss something that so many fine derrieres have shared .. however, out with the Old .. I will be shopping for a New Used Recliner .. ;)

2376296419_7b1e9d002c_o.jpg

Hey, don't throw out my favorite chair...

It's still on the curb, feel free to recycle .. it's the Green Thing To Do .. ;)
No, it's not there any more. I picked it up 5 minutes ago. Not my fault that you made the JD-influenced mistake of throwing out the brand new one instead of the old one.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
No, it's not there any more. I picked it up 5 minutes ago. Not my fault that you made the JD-influenced mistake of throwing out the brand new one instead of the old one.

Yeah ... you were probably flying that drone over his street watching for it. :rolleyes:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
This whole album indelibly imprinted in my psyche, because Mom played it on the family record player a couple times a day for a while. "I want to drink in the street where she lives", nice double entendre. Also, maybe there's a nice recliner out at the curb on that street.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Wow, stop for the night, home tomorrow. Go get some dinner , come back and a whole new porch with 2 pages alreadyx!

Although I was a latecomer to posting on the porches, I think this is the 3rd renew I have experienced. I never tire of reading the tributes, and I have read back through most of the past porches. Remember details? Not me! So I love to read it all again. Such a fabulous family of friends, I am honored to feel being a part of it all.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
To commemorate the 4th Anniversary date of April 21, 2012, when Txtumbleweed started us down the road to the Back Porch with the first thread......
With hopes that it will continue on for many more years to come...
To the sixth incarnation of the Back Porch

chug.gif

yiddle/Sandra/Sandy/Sweetheart,

Impeccable timing!!!

Must say though, dat I'm more familiar wid gettin' our azz booted after da 'rent' has expired. Regardless, thanx sooo much for recognizing da Anniversary and carrying on in Randall's, and Mike's, tradition!
flowers.gif

Even I must admit the Old Recliner is getting a bit Long In the Tooth .. it's tough to toss something that so many fine derrieres have shared .. however, out with the Old .. I will be shopping for a New Used Recliner .. ;)

2376296419_7b1e9d002c_o.jpg

No, NO, NOOOOO! Say it ain't so!! Ya can't 'dump' da Willie trash pile rescue find. It's too full of porch memories...

that one is pretty, but....I think we need to find you a nice rocker/recliner.....;)

We shoulda loaded up dat one at da Odyssey fer her...

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
GEEZ... I thought i got kicked out! When I just went to the backporch it'd only let me " like"!!Said i had insufficient priviledges to post! And i didn't even know I'd been bad!!But when I went to my first cyber home, Reoville, they let me in.

I felt so abused and unwanted here:(
So I read the posts anyway...sorta like peeking in the window cuz the door was locked:D
And then i discovered the move....

whew....

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Oh, we are overnighting at the Motel 6 in Rocky Mount, NC. @bigbells, don't you live here? We will be on the road at o-dark-thirty didn't know we were going to stop here but thinking of you.
Yes, I'm just up the road! You got off I-95 at exit 138? I'm 5 miles from exit 145. You came right past me, assuming you're headed south.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Phew, found my way home. Darn lurker taking up extra space on the porch but the hammock is so comfy, good for napping and the view is nice. I've been following these threads for a while, thanks to all for the memories. The friendships and support here are extraordinary. Many a time it's made my day.

hammock on the porch blue and white.jpg

I was going to reply in the previous thread before it closed, but someone had different ideas.. That's classwife's avatar on the screen. LOL.

2016-04-30 17.00.04 small.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
GEEZ... I thought i got kicked out! When I just went to the backporch it'd only let me " like"!!Said i had insufficient priviledges to post! And i didn't even know I'd been bad!!But when I went to my first cyber home, Reoville, they let me in.

I felt so abused and unwanted here:(
So I read the posts anyway...sorta like peeking in the window cuz the door was locked:D
And then i discovered the move....

whew....

Dang she found us! (kidding, just kidding, who wouldn't want to hang out w/ an old broad, they got experience :rolleyes: )

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
When I called the county ranger yesterday, I did not know if the tree removal on the other side of the creek from me violated any rules. That's something I still don't know.

But a detail I didn't share with y'all (until now) is that I wouldn't have called if I hadn't mistakenly thought, during yesterday's flight, that the big piece of tree-removing equipment was on MY side of the creek.

That's because, looking at the smaller screen, I mistook a tractor path for the creek, and the equipment was on this side of the tractor path. I immediately went inside and started making phone calls. Fortunately, I also viewed the video on my desktop computer and saw the mistake I'd made, so within 10 minutes I had called the ranger back and told him that there was NOT trespassing involved.

But anyway, I went and took a more detailed look today, going further up and down the creek, and there sure is a lot of clearing going on. I still don't know if violates any ordinances... it might not... but the ranger will be checking it out on Monday, which I plan to make easy for him by showing him the relevant parts of yesterday's and today's videos. I think it's definitely a better view of what's going on than you could get from the ground.

My most energetic boogie move yet!

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When I called the county ranger yesterday, I did not know if the tree removal on the other side of the creek from me violated any rules. That's something I still don't know.

But a detail I didn't share with y'all (until now) is that I wouldn't have called if I hadn't mistakenly thought, during yesterday's flight, that the big piece of tree-removing equipment was on MY side of the creek.

That's because, looking at the smaller screen, I mistook a tractor path for the creek, and the equipment was on this side of the tractor path. I immediately went inside and started making phone calls. Fortunately, I also viewed the video on my desktop computer and saw the mistake I'd made, so within 10 minutes I had called the ranger back and told him that there was NOT trespassing involved.

But anyway, I went and took a more detailed look today, going further up and down the creek, and there sure is a lot of clearing going on. I still don't know if violates any ordinances... it might not... but the ranger will be checking it out on Monday, which I plan to make easy for him by showing him the relevant parts of yesterday's and today's videos. I think it's definitely a better view of what's going on than you could get from the ground.

My most energetic boogie move yet!

Couple kinda black puddlez there dood. They hit oil? :)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
So, I was almost caught up on the porch this morning and had to leave. Came back tonight and we been moved!! Knew it was coming, just forgot all about it. Good job Yiddle! And thank you Classy for making it happen. Loved the tribute to Tx. It's always good to be reminded of our roots.

Willie, love the ramble. Sitting here with a lovely new Malbec that I've never had before. My DIL and I felt the need to partake of the grape after a busy day.

Bells, great picture of the deer and Gary did a wonderful adjustment. (Was the deer that close or did you have to zoom to get it?) Being able to fix photos just seems magical to me.

I know there was something else I wanted to comment on from the "old" porch, but it's already escaped from my brain.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Phew, found my way home. Darn lurker taking up extra space on the porch but the hammock is so comfy, good for napping and the view is nice. I've been following these threads for a while, thanks to all for the memories. The friendships and support here are extraordinary. Many a time it's made my day.

View attachment 550486

I was going to reply in the previous thread before it closed, but someone had different ideas.. That's classwife's avatar on the screen. LOL.

View attachment 550489
Lurkers are perfectly OK. Several of us serve as volunteers, making up for any shortage of posts by others. And then some.

Couple kinda black puddlez there dood. They hit oil? :)
Yeah, concerns me too, don't know what those are, and I'm hoping it's just deeper water. I never saw that before today.

Was the deer that close or did you have to zoom to get it?) Being able to fix photos just seems magical to me.
Zoomed. If Legs will send me some deer apples maybe they'll come closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread