Status
Not open for further replies.

holimakaru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Strangest thing happened to me today. A new bottle of 100mg Nic
that was being thawed out popped. The broken bottle actually "flew"
off the dresser, cleared a drawer that was open 6" and landed about 12" away from the dresser. Some nic on dresser top, some in open drawer
and most of it on floor. 250 ml of Nic gone!
Was wondering if anyone else had this happen.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
was it a glass or plastic bottle?
I could see that happening with plastic, as it tends to have problems with freezing.
I take my plastic ones from the freezer and immediately open them and put them into glass, just in case.
Seem to be ok to freeze, but you just cannot leave it out of the freezer much.
Had plastic do that before, but I only lost some orange juice that way, not eliquid

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
off the dresser, cleared a drawer that was open 6" and landed about 12" away from the dresser. Some nic on dresser top, some in open drawer
Sounds like a bubble in the glass.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hmm I have 2 liters in freezer in plastic. Maybe when I try to thaw it I'll remove the cap and do it in the sink. Is it the pressure when thawing or is it the plastic from being in the freezer. Mine is 100mg in a 50/50 base.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
10mg? Y knot just throw a cigarette .... in a glass o' water n' let it steep for 10 minutes.

doh.gif
Day-um, and I now vape 10mg! Gary, you're just in time to be six years too late...

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@MikeE3 since you are our resident Kayfun expert on the Kayfun Lite. Is that the same as what is called the V2 if not do you know the Oring sizes for the V2 I found the ones for the Lite? And if it is the same is it correct that there are only 3 sizes of Orings?

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
New jugs for me stay in the plastic. Once opened it goes into 120ml bottles.

I cut my liters of 100mg into the 500ml wire top cobalt beer bottles I found at the UBrew place. I have 10-54gram amber bottles if 100nic that I just grab 1, thaw out then it makes 100mls of 48 that I like to use. The 100ml lasts my wife and I several months. I would then repeat the process when I've used up the 10 50ml bottles but still got several left so I haven't had to dip into the reserves yet and recut one of the bigger bottles.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

I'd sob for hours if that happened to me. Very sorry your bottle grew a wild hair and committed suicide on you.

I hadn't heard that about plastic. All my nic is in bottles, padded with a spongy material and vacuum sealed, except my last order ever which is lounging in the fridge until I get the energy to transfer and freeze it. :oops:

Good lesson I learned here on the porch - Someone here had a bottle break but it was contained in a tray or bag. They were able to salvage the liquid and poured it through a coffee filter to remove any glass fragments. Genius move. :thumb:

I've seen other people say they take the nic from the freezer and put it in the fridge. After it's "warmed up," they take it to room temperature. Since we now have to pay tax on nic in CA, that might not be a good precaution.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I'd sob for hours if that happened to me. Very sorry your bottle grew a wild hair and committed suicide on you.

I hadn't heard that about plastic. All my nic is in bottles, padded with a spongy material and vacuum sealed, except my last order ever which is lounging in the fridge until I get the energy to transfer and freeze it. :oops:

Good lesson I learned here on the porch - Someone here had a bottle break but it was contained in a tray or bag. They were able to salvage the liquid and poured it through a coffee filter to remove any glass fragments. Genius move. :thumb:

I've seen other people say they take the nic from the freezer and put it in the fridge. After it's "warmed up," they take it to room temperature. Since we now have to pay tax on nic in CA, that might not be a good precaution.

Yea, I got some updating to do on my storage now also...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
OK also I seem to remember on the K5 head using 1X11's which is what I've been using on the bottom 2 just wondering if they will also fit on the top one. that wasy all 3 would be the same. the 1X11's seem to work fine but haven't tried the top one. @MikeE3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread