Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I wanted to see if any of you knowledgeable vapers could tell me what is the best stealth mod around. i'm lookin foy maybe a pod system with pods that use high nic salt that i could get by with 1 o 2 puffs and stash it..if it was seen didn't look like a mod. i'm gettig by pretty well using a Therion with a k5 but it would be instantlt known what it was. @MikeE3 i know you were trying a dna go. i'm thinking at least 2 more weeks in here min. I really screwd up my shoulder so it is going to take some time and being able to vapemake a real diff. Now I've got my computrt even if my typing is far from perfect. Any ideas??

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well I wanted to see if any of you knowledgeable vapers could tell me what is the best stealth mod around. i'm lookin foy maybe a pod system with pods that use high nic salt that i could get by with 1 o 2 puffs and stash it..if it was seen didn't look like a mod. i'm gettig by pretty well using a Therion with a k5 but it would be instantlt known what it was. @MikeE3 i know you were trying a dna go. i'm thinking at least 2 more weeks in here min. I really screwd up my shoulder so it is going to take some time and being able to vapemake a real diff. Now I've got my computrt even if my typing is far from perfect. Any ideas??

I'd suggest looking into one of these. From a much, much more knowledgable person then me, who basically builds all his own mods I got a tip on this one. He said not only can the pods last up to a month, but the pods are refillable (definitely) and I think he said also rebuildable. Ifn' I were going to try a pod system, this would be it.

Lost Vape Orion 40W DNA GO AIO Device | Pod System

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
i'm lookin foy maybe a pod system with pods that use high nic salt that i could get by with 1 o 2 puffs and stash it..if it was seen didn't look like a mod.
I have heard good things about the Juul pod system. Kids use it in school because it looks like a flash drive.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I have heard good things about the Juul pod system. Kids use it in school because it looks like a flash drive.

Yep, can't get much more stealth than that. And I think Uncle Willie said they really do pack a punch.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan

It's not so much the mod as the juice. You want a low-VG juice - probably less than 30% VG. Minimal flavoring, so you don't stink up the room (non-smokers/non-vapers tend to notice the smell). Any reasonably small mod (single 18650, smaller iSticks and the like) with a reasonably small tank that can be concealed in the hand with just the driptip protruding above the knuckle will do (you won't be vaping with a nurse standing over you). A small amount protruding below the hand is usually concealed by the wrist from most angles.

A JUUL would be ideal if they made flavorless or low flavor e-juice. JUULs are also better because the juice is 5% (50 mg/ml) nicotine, so you don't have to puff so frequently and can (should) take much shorter puffs. You might want to practice with a JUUL in private in case you have a coughing fit while learning the short puff technique. Remember: short puff, exhale slowly, and wait 30 seconds to see whether it will be enough; nic-sickness is no fun. Too bad JUULs are so expensive and not available as flavorless; otherwise, I might use them myself.

The next thing is the vapor. (There will be less, and it will be less persistent with low-VG juice.) If you exhale it through a small, folded, terry-cloth towel, there won't be any visible vapor. (No one has ever asked why I need to keep a small towel by me at all times; I DO wipe my brow and mouth fairly frequently; I sweat a lot.) When not using it, I tuck a corner of the towel into my belt at the side, and wear it as a trailing sash. (The Township clerk once asked me if this was a new fad among young people - and with me at 70+ years of age!) My towel is about 14" x 24" (because I have a lot of them), but it could be a lot smaller - even a terry washcloth would work.

Don't forget recharging. If you can't have someone bring you freshly charged mods or batteries, you will need a charger with a long cord. If you are charging your computer occasionally, it is fairly easy to camouflage the mod charging in with the computer charging. Between keeping my phone and iPad charged, I never had any trouble keeping my mods charged while in the hospital. You do need some privacy to refill the tank, though; take it into the bathroom with you.

I vape (with permission of the owner) all the time in a restaurant where state, city, and county regs prohibit vaping. I stealth vape to keep the owner from being forced to take action. In seven years, no one has ever noticed me putting the rig to my lips, drawing, and exhaling through the towel. (I suppose someone may have noticed, but they don't seem to have recognized it as vaping.) At seven years, twice a week and a half-dozen puffs per visit that makes it about a 4200-to-0 victory for my system of stealth vaping in fairly close proximity to others. This doesn't even count all the hospital and doctor's office visits, or all the stores I've been to in the past seven years.

I tend to "stealth vape" when visiting friends, just to be polite; it's not to fool them, just to avoid blowing a cloud into the middle of a conversation or across a card table. I even (sometimes) stealth vape (to the extent of exhaling through the towel) at home when friends are visiting, for the same reason.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I'm pretty safe got the room to myself got the window now sot of like the orion. I know one is better the orion or the orion q but can't stay awake long enough to see which one on th review, oh and i even have a fan cause i told them i was hoy.

Last edited:

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
If you told them you were hot, that's a good excuse to have a small towel (for wiping your face - and for exhaling through). You wouldn't want to finish a private vaping session and then have a nurse walk in to a cloud of vapor. I'm usually overheated in hospitals (or almost anywhere other people are comfortable), myself - which is why I first began carrying a small towel at all times. I only discovered their usefulness in stealth vaping later.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@MikeE3 Ask your friend how many tanks will the pod use before ypou have to change it.. Thats the one I'm going to get is the orion with the dna go chip..Icaan charge it from my computer without too much prblem. I feel like i am going to take forever to heal from this. i am looking at some of these nicsalts trying to think which one would hav the least smell.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
@MikeE3 Ask your friend how many tanks will the pod use before ypou have to change it.. Thats the one I'm going to get is the orion with the dna go chip..Icaan charge it from my computer without too much prblem. I feel like i am going to take forever to heal from this. i am looking at some of these nicsalts trying to think which one would hav the least smell.

Are you allowed to have an air freshener in your room? You could get one with a cartridge that you could conveniently not install and then attribute any lingering aromas from vaping to your latest selection.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yea i don't vape a lot in here and when i do i take a pretty healthy puff but not fill my lumgs up then breath a liitl more air in let a little out breath more air let more out till its all gone. the custard i am using doesn't have a strong odor but not much nic either. tis why im thinkking that orion go withh nic salt to about 30 mg 1 or 2 puffs should more than do after vaping 6 mg charge battery i middle of night off my computer. sorry for spelling one handed. it heps tho. well bi,0

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Four more Skylines showed up last week ... that brings our stash up to 7 of 'em. So, it was time to collect all the unused stuff sitting around here and there. Clean it up and pack it away with the vape-pocolypse and spares stash.

The atty's pictured are:
3x KFLV5
5x KFLV4
6x KFLV3-mini
2x KFL-Prime
6x KFL-Lite
4x ERL-nano
3x Beserker

The mods are:
3x Provari 2.5
2x Provari P3s
1x Provari Radius
2x Lavabox
2x iStick 50's
3x iStick TC 40's
4x iStick Pico's

IMG_7911.JPG

Stay tuned ... maybe I'll inventory our current in use setups.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Four more Skylines showed up last week ... that brings our stash up to 7 of 'em. So, it was time to collect all the unused stuff sitting around here and there. Clean it up and pack it away with the vape-pocolypse and spares stash.

The atty's pictured are:
3x KFLV5
5x KFLV4
6x KFLV3-mini
2x KFL-Prime
6x KFL-Lite
4x ERL-nano
3x Beserker

The mods are:
3x Provari 2.5
2x Provari P3s
1x Provari Radius
2x Lavabox
2x iStick 50's
3x iStick TC 40's
4x iStick Pico's

View attachment 791301

Stay tuned ... maybe I'll inventory our current in use setups.
Niiice

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
It's not so much the mod as the juice. You want a low-VG juice - probably less than 30% VG. Minimal flavoring, so you don't stink up the room (non-smokers/non-vapers tend to notice the smell). Any reasonably small mod (single 18650, smaller iSticks and the like) with a reasonably small tank that can be concealed in the hand with just the driptip protruding above the knuckle will do (you won't be vaping with a nurse standing over you). A small amount protruding below the hand is usually concealed by the wrist from most angles.

A JUUL would be ideal if they made flavorless or low flavor e-juice. JUULs are also better because the juice is 5% (50 mg/ml) nicotine, so you don't have to puff so frequently and can (should) take much shorter puffs. You might want to practice with a JUUL in private in case you have a coughing fit while learning the short puff technique. Remember: short puff, exhale slowly, and wait 30 seconds to see whether it will be enough; nic-sickness is no fun. Too bad JUULs are so expensive and not available as flavorless; otherwise, I might use them myself.

The next thing is the vapor. (There will be less, and it will be less persistent with low-VG juice.) If you exhale it through a small, folded, terry-cloth towel, there won't be any visible vapor. (No one has ever asked why I need to keep a small towel by me at all times; I DO wipe my brow and mouth fairly frequently; I sweat a lot.) When not using it, I tuck a corner of the towel into my belt at the side, and wear it as a trailing sash. (The Township clerk once asked me if this was a new fad among young people - and with me at 70+ years of age!) My towel is about 14" x 24" (because I have a lot of them), but it could be a lot smaller - even a terry washcloth would work.

Don't forget recharging. If you can't have someone bring you freshly charged mods or batteries, you will need a charger with a long cord. If you are charging your computer occasionally, it is fairly easy to camouflage the mod charging in with the computer charging. Between keeping my phone and iPad charged, I never had any trouble keeping my mods charged while in the hospital. You do need some privacy to refill the tank, though; take it into the bathroom with you.

I vape (with permission of the owner) all the time in a restaurant where state, city, and county regs prohibit vaping. I stealth vape to keep the owner from being forced to take action. In seven years, no one has ever noticed me putting the rig to my lips, drawing, and exhaling through the towel. (I suppose someone may have noticed, but they don't seem to have recognized it as vaping.) At seven years, twice a week and a half-dozen puffs per visit that makes it about a 4200-to-0 victory for my system of stealth vaping in fairly close proximity to others. This doesn't even count all the hospital and doctor's office visits, or all the stores I've been to in the past seven years.

I tend to "stealth vape" when visiting friends, just to be polite; it's not to fool them, just to avoid blowing a cloud into the middle of a conversation or across a card table. I even (sometimes) stealth vape (to the extent of exhaling through the towel) at home when friends are visiting, for the same reason.
well i took your advice about the damp wash cloth pw. only diff i told them i needed it to wipe my face knowing they'd forget about which they did. works good thanks.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
well i took your advice about the damp wash cloth pw. only diff i told them i needed it to wipe my face knowing they'd forget about which they did. works good thanks.
If you fold to four or more layers it doesn't even need to be damp. Just exhale fairly slowly. (Exhaling slowly gets you more nicotine too, as the vapor is in your mouth longer; after all, the nicotine gets mostly absorbed through the mucous membranes - mouth, nose, throat.)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
If you fold to four or more layers it doesn't even need to be damp. Just exhale fairly slowly. (Exhaling slowly gets you more nicotine too, as the vapor is in your mouth longer; after all, the nicotine gets mostly absorbed through the mucous membranes - mouth, nose, throat.)
yep but i notice wet work better if you need to let it out in a hurry..
Think I'll write a book when this is all over. I hope that is soon!!
Should have my Pod thingy by Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread