Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
yep but i notice wet work better if you need to let it out in a hurry..
Think I'll write a book when this is all over. I hope that is soon!!
Should have my Pod thingy by Sat.

Make sure you give us a 'review' on the Pod.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
When I wick mine, I fluff the wick upwards so it looks like a bow tie with a straight bottom. I start about half way up from the bottom on the the fluffed end and cut the angle so my scissors are even with the top of the coil. I suppose that would be about the top 1/3 of the fluffed part. This is with Rayon, all I ever use.

juice control I use about half the juice flow slot visible for 50/50. 80/20 I just open it up all the way. The most "leakage" I ever get is a few little droplets around the air flow ring, and I think most of that is condensation from vapor coming out the air flow ring. Skylines leak way less and have at least as much flavor as any Kayfun I ever owned.

I'm using the air flow adapter with 3 medium sized holes and air flow ring wide open, and can either MTL or restricted DL with it configured like that.

I've found it isn't real picky about how it's setup.

I've been vaping mostly on a Kayfun 2 for years and have bought a pile of so-called MTL attys to try. I keep coming back to the Kayfun.

I've had my Skyline for a while and haven't built it yet. It looks like a good atty, but I need to figure out which parts to assemble for a Kayfun-like vape. The info you post here is what I've been looking for in terms of hwo to build it. Thanks.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Anyone bought from Gearbest? Are they reliable? I think I bought from them once and had trouble ... they advertised an Tobeco brand atty and I bought a couple ... they shipped me a no-name atty. I knew it wasn't a tobacco from the packaging and quality of it because I already had a few of the Tobacco one's. They denied the 'switch' but since I paid w/ PayPal I was able to open a dispute and get my money back. They even changed their advert after I contacted their CS about the issue.

Anyway .. they have the Coppervape Skyline 'on sale' but I'm hesitant to order because I can't accurately remember if they were the company I had trouble with.

Comments?

My Skyline came from FastTech. When I need something FT is usually my first stop unless a US vendor has it in stock for a good price. No problems in a couple of years of ordering and I generally get my order within 3-4 weeks.

I'd still rather order from a stateside vendor to support them. I get it quicker and for a couple of bucks more it's worth it. If it's not in stock in the USA I go to FastTech.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I've been vaping mostly on a Kayfun 2 for years and have bought a pile of so-called MTL attys to try. I keep coming back to the Kayfun.

I've had my Skyline for a while and haven't built it yet. It looks like a good atty, but I need to figure out which parts to assemble for a Kayfun-like vape. The info you post here is what I've been looking for in terms of hwo to build it. Thanks.

My wife has used KFL-Lite (2's ?) for the last number of years exclusively. She likes the 'restricted' draw of them compared to anything that has come along since. Recently I've been switching her over to Coopervape Skylines, mainly to avoid needing a screwdriver at refill time. She tried the 3 small airflow adapter that comes with the atty. It was too airy for her. I replaced that with one of the small 1 hole adapters that came with the 'accessory kit' of additional adapters. She's says with that air flow adapter it's basically the same as her tried and true Kayfun-Lites.

Now me ... I'm using 1 Skyline myself to get used to it and prefer it with the 3 hole adapter. It's a bit looser but not an airy draw. For my 'style' the KFL-Lites are too restricted for my likening.

And ... I've a question for other Skyline users. It seems the juice in the tank is turning darker much faster in the Skyline then the KFLs Lites or V5's (my preference in an atty). It seems the darker/discolored juice from the wick is leaching back into the tank more so in the Skyline than other tanks.

What say 'you' other users of the Skyline? Am I still on the learning curve on how much or how little wicking to stuff 'in there' when building or is it just a characteristic of this tank?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

I'd suggest the 3 hole restrictor to start, Dave. That will give more air than a KFL2+, and you can restrict it more with the external ring, so you'll have some room to "explore". If you find yourself always dialing that ring down, then you can switch to a smaller restrictor at the next rebuild. (Can't change the restrictor with the coil on.)

And ... I've a question for other Skyline users. It seems the juice in the tank is turning darker much faster in the Skyline then the KFLs Lites or V5's (my preference in an atty). It seems the darker/discolored juice from the wick is leaching back into the tank more so in the Skyline than other tanks.

What say 'you' other users of the Skyline? Am I still on the learning curve on how much or how little wicking to stuff 'in there' when building or is it just a characteristic of this tank?

Yes, a bit more obvious than on a KF. I'm thinking it's because the juice control exposes a lot more area to the reservoir than the KF chimney allows. On the wick, I just cut even with the outer ring of the chamber and tuck it in, no trimming like I do on my KFs.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'd suggest the 3 hole restrictor to start, Dave. That will give more air than a KFL2+, and you can restrict it more with the external ring, so you'll have some room to "explore". If you find yourself always dialing that ring down, then you can switch to a smaller restrictor at the next rebuild. (Can't change the restrictor with the coil on.)

Yes, a bit more obvious than on a KF. I'm thinking it's because the juice control exposes a lot more area to the reservoir than the KF chimney allows. On the wick, I just cut even with the outer ring of the chamber and tuck it in, no trimming like I do on my KFs.

1.) I don't seem to notice any real difference opening and closing the external air ring opening. Seems to be the air flow is pretty much governed by the 'adapter'.

2.) Yeah ... I cut it likewise, but have been trimming some of the tail before tucking it in. I'll try 'not' trimming on the next go-round.

3.) Well that's kind of good to hear ... it's not just my 'builds' causes the leaching more so than KFLs.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Make sure you give us a 'review' on the Pod.
Well Mike and all others concerned. Got my Orion Go on Friday. Almost got caught yesterday so I sent the other home. This little tiny mod works great for me in this kind of stealth use. I'm using 30mg salt nic juice. I take 1 or 2 puffs and I'm good. Really haven't done much experimenting with it but in this type stealth thing it is perfect. I'm using the .5ohm pod which doesn't make the amount of vapor as the other one but 1 or 2 hits and I'm good for an hour or so. This mod is about the size of, for you guys that were in the service during C ration time, the 4 pack of smokes you used to get in them. I use it on low, has an adjustable air flow. For me I like it with the salt nic high nic juice. Will tell you the story when I get out of near getting caught, also a better review but if you want something stealthy which gives a decent puff this works for me. I think you could use it anywhere and be OK. Going to order a couple more Pods today the .5 ones. Well going to go for now because typing makes me dizzy. Any questions will try to answer from what I know.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
1.) I don't seem to notice any real difference opening and closing the external air ring opening. Seems to be the air flow is pretty much governed by the 'adapter'.

2.) Yeah ... I cut it likewise, but have been trimming some of the tail before tucking it in. I'll try 'not' trimming on the next go-round.

3.) Well that's kind of good to hear ... it's not just my 'builds' causes the leaching more so than KFLs.

1. :) Yes. The external ring, if set for more air than the restrictor, will have little or no effect. Doesn't matter if you have a 6" main drain if the outlet is only 1", still only going to flow at the 1" rate. So, once you decide which restrictor is right for you, unless shut, the ring is inconsequential.

2. Yeah, maybe a mullet cut. Me, well, I'm getting lazy in my old age ;)

3. Uh, I am just guessing! :lol:

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
...And ... I've a question for other Skyline users. It seems the juice in the tank is turning darker much faster in the Skyline then the KFLs Lites or V5's (my preference in an atty). It seems the darker/discolored juice from the wick is leaching back into the tank more so in the Skyline than other tanks.

I use clear juices with TC (380) and replay. When my juice in the tank starts to darken, that is a sign to me that it’s time for a new wick (usually 4-5 days). Never have used a dark juice in it, so I can’t be of much help there.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat

Glad it helped you out, Dave. My kayfuns have taken a back seat since the Skyline came into town. I still use them, but the Skyline is getting the lions share of use these days.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Glad it helped you out, Dave. My kayfuns have taken a back seat since the Skyline came into town. I still use them, but the Skyline is getting the lions share of use these days.

Congrats! and you have $11000 in your savings to spend! whoa!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Just noted the counter in my sig- today is my 5 year anniversary of starting vaping! Never made it this long before...I quit for 4 years using patches, but relapsed badly.

Hooray for vape!!!

Congratulations!!!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Just noted the counter in my sig- today is my 5 year anniversary of starting vaping! Never made it this long before...I quit for 4 years using patches, but relapsed badly.

Hooray for vape!!!

401191610.jpg

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread