Status
Not open for further replies.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
After the cartomizer, before experimenting with more open draw tanks, my favorite tank was the T3S. The only difference that I remember between the Evod and the T3S was the Evod had a metal tank and the T3S didn't. My memory of both is that the airflow was the same.

This is the cheapest place that I've seen them. Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Hey all. Been away from ECF for quite awhile.

Hey back atcha! Welcome back...

Found my happy place with EGO batt and EMDCC carto tanks for years.

Yepper, same here. Dat was a kick azz combo back in da days! :thumb:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Hey all. Been away from ECF for quite awhile. It was absolutely essential when I started vaping over six years ago and quit smoking in just a couple weeks! Found my happy place with EGO batt and EMDCC carto tanks for years, then they stopped selling the EMDCC and I got a box mod with carto tanks. Awesome combo. Now they have stopped selling the carto tanks...Arghh. So I am desperately seeking suggestions for a new tank that has the "filtered" feel of the carto tanks. Most non carto tanks I've tried are just to "airy" if that makes sense. Welcome any input...
Are you looking for more tanks or just cartos? There are still cartos around, although they're getting pretty sparse. Mister-E-Liquid has them for 99 cents each and sometimes put them on sale for 50 cents each.

The Kayfun Lite Plus is the closest I've found to a carto-tank. However, it IS a rebuildable.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
You should allow nicotine solution removed from the freezer to warm to room temperature before you open the container. Otherwise, you greatly increase the amount of oxidation that occurs both in the portion that you remove from the container and the portion that you return to the freezer. I've read that enough times that I firmly believe it.

When I posted that I was getting a Smok Beast tank, I was pretty dismissive of comments that said I should reduce my nic level. I now apologize for that dismissiveness. My vape is a lot smoother with reduced nic. My usual has been 12-13 mg/ml. I made up some 10 mg/ml, but have been reducing that further by adding more VG directly into the tank. I LOVE that this tank is top-fill! It's so easy to fill that it more than makes up for the fact that the capacity is less than the 7 ml Kanger Subtank.

I'm waiting to see if Element Vape has a 10-20% off coupon for Labor Day. Until then, I've slowed my roll on new purchases.

I've read that also, but have never seen a reason that makes me understand what reactions/properties cause that. I guess that I am one that sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I have seen no degradation in my nic and I just finished up what I bought when I did my first large stock order several years ago.

Hadn't heard about excessive oxidation. I do let mine warm to room temp to avoid any chance of water condensing into the nic base, though.

Oxidation.. no... water, yes. since the air in the bottle is cold, it is more dense than the air outside. Also since it is cold, you can aspirate water from the air. (sweat)
But apparently not enough for it to be noticeable to me, anyway. my 500 ml bottles last me 8-10 months of vaping, so I'm doing OK so far.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hey all. Been away from ECF for quite awhile. It was absolutely essential when I started vaping over six years ago and quit smoking in just a couple weeks! Found my happy place with EGO batt and EMDCC carto tanks for years, then they stopped selling the EMDCC and I got a box mod with carto tanks. Awesome combo. Now they have stopped selling the carto tanks...Arghh. So I am desperately seeking suggestions for a new tank that has the "filtered" feel of the carto tanks. Most non carto tanks I've tried are just to "airy" if that makes sense. Welcome any input...

Welcome back and welcome to the Front Porch. Gee ... I think a lot of us used carto tanks at some point in our journey. I can't recommend anything that's currently on the market that's comparable to them. But if you go the rebuildable route I agree w/ Dancing, the Kayfun Lites are a very good vape with a restricted airflow compared to most everything else available today.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I just pulled one of my ML's out that I was thinking of taking and I forgot how much better they are then the M's. Very similar to the Q and I imagine the J. The board is so much more resposive. Still think its the best mod they ever made. But of course the M is their very first TC mod but with all the FW upgrades they did they are close to the ML but no cigar. LOL

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
OK, I'm a nic oxidation/water denier... dere I said it.

Da ONLY time I had peppery nic was back when I got sum of da infamous 'over-nic'd' nic dat rocked da ECF years ago. Sorry, can't 'member da vendor and ain't goin' lookin'!
Yep it wasn't my nic I think it was just cause I had just made the juice and it hadn't had time for every thing to marry up. It's fine today. Glad I didn't throw the 15ml that I had left out now.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Welcome back and welcome to the Front Porch. Gee ... I think a lot of us used carto tanks at some point in our journey. I can't recommend anything that's currently on the market that's comparable to them. But if you go the rebuildable route I agree w/ Dancing, the Kayfun Lites are a very good vape with a restricted airflow compared to most everything else available today.
Man when I got my first carto tank, me thought, man this is great can't get no better then this. WRONG. I have said that about 15 times now. I think with all things considered, flavor, ease of buildability, durability the K5 is hard to beat. But I don't know if you want a tighter vape you have to get the MTL kit, then I don't know how good they are. If it was me and that's what I wanted was a good MTL vape, I would check out Busardos website, tasteyourjuice.com He has been really putin out the video reviews on stuff and he is a hard core MTLer. He might have some ideas for ya. Check it out.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I bypassed carto tanks. Went from just plain cartos to tanks...
Cartos were before my time. I came in about the same time as the big Nautilus tanks. Right before the minivs came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Cartos were before my time. I came in about the same time as the big Nautilus tanks. Right before the minivs came out.

You know the nautilus is still a good tank for a tighter draw. It has good flavor not like a Kayfun but still good, it's all Ginny uses and I have a vape or 2 at least everyday and they are good and are easy. I got her 4 from Huff and Puffers for $19 each with a spare tank.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    OK, I'm a nic oxidation/water denier... dere I said it.

Da ONLY time I had peppery nic was back when I got sum of da infamous 'over-nic'd' nic dat rocked da ECF years ago. Sorry, can't 'member da vendor and ain't goin' lookin'!

That was Box Elder. They were just up the road a piece from me. Been out of business for several years now.

Speaking of cartos, think I should punch a couple of fresh ones this morning.
    Sure glad I stocked up on them when the stocking up was good, but I'm probably down to a 49.5 year supply now. ;)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    She's doing a two step around forest fires, but so far is safe :)
    Glad she is safe, and saw you said later that the fires were dying down. Glad to hear that!

This is the G Class that I'm tentatively planning to get:
    View attachment 674843
    that's purdy! So did you get it? was that the one you put the wrap on? Good job on the wrap btw.

Thats where my first post is talking to Tex
    Jup. My first one was just a day or two I think after Elbert Dee's last post. I'd been reading the whole thread before I posted, so even though I didn't get to "talk" to him, I kinda felt like I did.

Don't need a backup when you take a Provari.
    I feel that way about my Reos, but don't think I could feel that way about anything with a board or a glass tank. I don't go out of the house very often, mostly dr appts, and am not usually gone long. But I reckin if a mod can get run over by one of these, get dusted off, and put a new atty on it and vape it, there's not much I can do to kill it before I get home

Vaping Bush's 648G John Deere grapple skidder that ran over Reo his had chains on.jpg

Ouch, so sorry to hear you had to go through back problems.
    thanks. you know very well how bad constant pain sux, but considering what some folk have to go through, I feel blessed that I'm just blind crippled and crazy :p

I hope Semi doesn't mind me mentioning it, but he's got a wild lottery tale in his past. Don't know if he'll expound publicly.
    Well now he HAS to!! ohhhhhhhhhhh semiiiiiiiiiiii

Couldn't resist! Got two ordered (yin/yang, ya know).

But, but, but, I do have an excuse... no really! Just set up an Eleaf Nano/Naughty fer an ol' fart Ramp Rat's younger girl friend.
    :lol: dat's kewl ya got anudder v-vert! and apparently a phairly pheisty ramp rat phriend!

Ahh ok i shall join in yesterday then and check back in a fortnight.
    now ya got it!! There's a MASH episode that I wish I could find the clip of. They are trying to figger out what time it is back home. They finally end up with something like.......if I wait til 4:00 tomorrow it'll be 10:00 yesterday, or something like that. Welcome to ya!!

A fortnight is two weeks.
    Welcome to you too!

@Kenna - Hopefully, with that new 2022 deadline for ecigarettes...the results of studies in progress now (like the 4-year long one being done by Moffitt Cancer Center on ecigarettes) will show that there needs to be an end to the FDA nonsense!
    Certainly hope so. wow, didn't know about that study. When did they start it?

IMO - Reducing the amount of nicotine in cigarettes, will just cause smokers to smoke even more...to get the same amount of nicotine they've been used to getting. What the FDA should look into reducing, or eliminating, are the other thousands of chemicals in cigarettes...that actually DO the damage to the human body!
    Jup.......totally agree! Reducing the nic in cigs is just absurd. Then again, it is the FDA

I don't know about you, but all these minor weather cells constantly coming through are absolute murder on my joints.
    JUP!!!

Now that they pushed the date out to 2022 or whatever - I wonder how many companies that already closed their doors are regretting it...
    I wondered about that too. Actually back when a lot were packing it in. I was certainly hoping something like this would happen. I hadn't heard the stuff dancin said about provari and RTS, but I really wonder about some of the smaller businesses, if they coulda just stuck it out a lil longer. It's a dang shame

I'm sorry, the pin in the mod is spring loaded. I used a screwdriver and massaged it a bit to make sure it is free and for now it seems to be working well with the K5. <fingers are crossed>
    Hope that fixed it!

I really like the Cream Charlotte. It's one of my adv's now. Gotta mix some.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
    That one sounds really good. I haven't tried any of the baker flavors that legs gets, but I did try the creme brulee from vaping zone, that was really good. I need to mix some juice soon, might have to pull that out and mix some. Haven't mixed any of that for prolly about 2 yrs.

I just dipped my milk chochalate, caramel and sea salt into peanut butter. Wowww delicious!

Does ecigs make you hungry for decadent stuff?
    sometimes. welcome to you too.

Oh and the atty fits flush so that's good. All in all for $20 you can't beat it. It is a real DNA 75 and connected right up to escribe. I have a few things I change in there like how many times it flashes temp protect, change from 5 to 3 button pushes to lock, change the time it take to dim the screen fromI think it comes with 30 sec change that to 8, change the temp to change in 1 degree instead of 10. Just a couple things that work better for me. Oh and put my Walking Dead screen as the secondary screen.
    Glad you're liking it!

that's pretty! Might be the lower lighting, but another pic I saw of the ones they had, they didn't look so nice, not even the one with purple on it.

Hey disco is coming back and so are leisure suits - I'm ready... (NOT)...
    Izzit you or Mike that has a yellow one in the attic?? Still waitin on that lottery story. :D

Dam enabler!!! Was hoping would be OOS but was not so.....
    Howdy darlin! Hope all is well with you and yours!

welcome back, and good on ya for passin 6 years!!

I bypassed carto tanks. Went from just plain cartos to tanks...
    Same here. I found out real quick I couldn't stand the filler stuff in the cartos, so I found a CE4. Thought it was the neatest thing ever when they came out with the ones that you could just change out the coil.

but I'm probably down to a 49.5 year supply now. ;)
    better use em sparingly, don't wanna run out! :lol:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 3, 2013
    60 mi east of Raleigh NC
    soledoubtshow.com
    As fer 'maters, noper, savin' 'em fer tossed salads... oh wait... <drats, I'm in deep kimchi now...>
    If you're going to toss that salad, raspberry vinaigrette and honey mustard are my favorite dressings.

that's purdy! So did you get it? was that the one you put the wrap on? Good job on the wrap btw.
    Thanks. The wrap is on a Yihi Q Class, which is a mod I love. I got it used from another porcher. The one that I'd like to get is a Yihi G Class, but I'm waiting to see if Element Vape has a discount coupon on or before Labor Day.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I completely forgot to tell you all that I made v-vert! She is the friend with the 3 big dogs & the 20 year old kitty that I house & pet sit for when they go on family vaca for 2 weeks a year. I've known her for almost 40 years. When I sat for them last year we had not seen each other for more than a few minutes in many years other than FB. She saw me vaping & had a few questions. She knows what a die hard smoker I was. When I went over this year she was vaping! She's using an Ego 1. I'm delighted for her! She said it's been a little hard, but it's working for her.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread