Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Okay question of the day!!!

You are driving down the road and you are coming up to an intersection where you need to make a turn. As you approach - you have a desire for a vape.

Which of the following closest represents your actions?

A. You take a short quick vape - drop your PV - then make the turn safely with both hands.

B. You forego the short vape, but hold the PV in your hand throughout the turn so that it will be quickly available after you complete the turn.

C. You stop at the intersection - enjoy your vape and then after you finish - continue with your turn and then drive down the road.

D. You responsibly set your PV down - make your turn and once successfully and safely completed - you have your vape as you continue your journey...

E. None of the above - (clarify)...
    I need full focus when I drive cause I am fuzzy headed. I only pick up my vape when I'm stopped @ a light or steady cruising. It's secondary. Then it gets dropped on the seat tween my legs.

doghair

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Phoenix
    So I have this KFL clone with a nano kit. Love the look but it's never worked right. I take it out every few months and try it again with a different wick or coil and get about 3 hits before it goes dry hit on me. Then I curse the Chinese and hover it over the trash can but can't seem to toss it, so back in the box it goes. This has been going on for almost 3 years.

Took it out this morning and went through my routine, 3 hits and a dry wick. Decided enough is enough and went honey badger on it with a jeweler's file and opened up the juice channels.

People get degrees in less time than it took me to get this thing going. I may be old but at least I'm slow.

Check out my new badass tank, you guys should run out and get one, works great ...

20171006.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    That does seem to be what others are saying about the salts, as well. Thanks for confirming that.

Since I do like some TH in my vape, I guess I'll stick with the tried and true high % stuff :)
    I have about 20 years of nic to go through before I buy more! But, if I win the lottery, I might just give it a try.
    So I have this KFL clone with a nano kit. Love the look but it's never worked right. I take it out every few months and try it again with a different wick or coil and get about 3 hits before it goes dry hit on me. Then I curse the Chinese and hover it over the trash can but can't seem to toss it, so back in the box it goes. This has been going on for almost 3 years.

Took it out this morning and went through my routine, 3 hits and a dry wick. Decided enough is enough and went honey badger on it with a jeweler's file and opened up the juice channels.

People get degrees in less time than it took me to get this thing going. I may be old but at least I'm slow.

Check out my new badass tank, you guys should run out and get one, works great ...

View attachment 691123
    3 years?! That's perseverance!

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

View attachment 691123

I had a KF 3.1 sitting on my desk all ready to vape for a year. I'd even take a puff or three every once in a while. Finally decided that it wasn't a bit better than a carto tank, and tossed it in the drawer with the rest of the toppers that just aren't worth the trouble. 50 years from now when I run out of cartos maybe I'll give it another try.

add:
    I did have to recoil an A7 mini yesterday.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA

View attachment 691123

Looking good! We have a bunch of KFL nano clones from eHpro. They all worked/work fine right out of the box. I guess it depends on the 'cloner'.

I had a KF 3.1 sitting on my desk all ready to vape for a year. I'd even take a puff or three every once in a while. Finally decided that it wasn't a bit better than a carto tank, and tossed it in the drawer with the rest of the toppers that just aren't worth the trouble. 50 years from now when I run out of cartos maybe I'll give it another try.

add:
    I did have to recoil an A7 mini yesterday.

old_school.jpg

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

View attachment 691123
    I have 3 Nano's. One authentic, & 2 EHPRO clones. Have no idea which is the authentic . No problems with them. I love my Kfun's!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

CaptJay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    Anyone any experience with an Innokin? Looking at getting a new rig, that doesn't need a 510 atty, that is MTL (like the eGos I use currently, I think those are MTL as well) and won't require me to get a BS in Engineering to use (lol). I don't mind learning about coils or what have you as long as it's pretty straightforward stuff that this long time 'stuck to old ways like dripping' vaper can get their head around. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    AFAIK, the Innokins pretty much are all 510, unless you're looking at the VV lineup, which also has eGo threads.

Seems most of their devices have good reps, and I have several of the SVD series, all fine devices for their class - i.e. low power vaping. Haven't gotten any of their newer mods.

doghair

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Phoenix
    Anyone any experience with an Innokin? Looking at getting a new rig, that doesn't need a 510 atty, that is MTL (like the eGos I use currently, I think those are MTL as well) and won't require me to get a BS in Engineering to use (lol). I don't mind learning about coils or what have you as long as it's pretty straightforward stuff that this long time 'stuck to old ways like dripping' vaper can get their head around. :)

I used some of their earlier stuff, never had a problem with anything. Haven't used the latest but Innokin has always seemed to fill a niche with inexpensive easy to use stuff. The Endura T22 looks pretty cool. I would drop $30 plus a few coils on that in a heartbeat.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    I rarely carry mine when out and about.

:w00t: For me that's living dangerously.

I do D. Now answer using the cigarette as example.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Never put it down. My current car was given to me as a surprise by my parents and brother. The steering wheel was smaller than I was used to and it didn't take long before I accidentally knocked off just the tip of the ash which rolled down the dashboard thingie and up against the pristine plastic cover over the speedometer and put a singe mark in it. It's still there and is a reminder of how much I hated the fact that I smoked and was too "weak" to quite, as I saw it then. Vaping = miracle. :nun:

:grr:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Yeah they were the same size as Camels and had a little brown part of the paper end where the filter should be but no filter, talk about strong. I'm pretty sure they quit making them, but in those days they were around. the guys hated it when it was my turn to steal the ciggys.
    yanno now that you say that, I do recall seeing some cigs with that little bitty part of brown paper on the end, but never knew why it was so small. non filters. Ok, solves that mystery from when I was a teen :D

I will be replacing the three faint-hearted 18590s and the innocent, over-taxed 18650 this Christmas during RTD's Christmas sale.
    ohhhhhhhhhhh I've been mulling over some batts....... mine are 1.5 yrs old. Christmas sale huh. (wonders if I can hang on to the $$ til then)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Semi, again. :(
    he loves it

That's just Deb's way of letting me know she still cares... :lol::w00t::D
    See :D

I'll just get one of those seat pads that you can plug into the lighter. Oh wait, I have one. :) Every bell and whistle they put on cars now costs a fortune to get fixed when the inevitably break. Heating pad, <$20, fix the seat, $200. No thanks.
    I agree!

OK, I have no idea what I did with some Juice I made. I made a batch of 50ml unflavored 60pg/40vg 6mg/ml juice. I have vaped off and on it in one of my Kayfun V5s for a week or so. Last night I was outside vaping while reading. All of a sudden I started getting the worst taste that I have ever gotten from a vape. It tasted like I was vaping a pair of dirty gym socks (don't ask). It got worse as I tried vaping again. I at first thought that I had burnt the cotton but after I disassembled it and removed the cotton, it was not burnt or scorched. I went ahead and cleaned the tank in hot water with dawn dish soap. After rinsing and drying, I made a new coil 7/8 wraps 26ga SS316L. It came out at .59Ω. I had made a new batch of unflavored just a couple nights ago. I am now enjoying a wonderful unflavored vape. Yes, I also donated the other unflavored juice to the rats in the sewer system, at least they haven't complained.
    that's odd. Since it was fine for a week or so, it does just make me wonder if the juice was fine, but your coil just went wonky and recoiling fixed it.

Jup, Deb is quite proactive about her affection for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    loves me some semi!!

But I did get the message posted before another tree fell on the power lines and I sat in the dark for several hours, so there is that. :rolleyes:
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

E. None of the above - (clarify)...
    I can turn with one hand. left turn, hand is hooked under the top of the wheel, right turn, hand is flat in the wheel and just move it around. Mod is most always in the left hand! Vape through the turn if it's not a high traffic area....and it rarely is around here.

even the back seat.
    Jup, those were the kinda scary ones to find!

Beautiful! We never get sights like that down here in Texas.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
    newp, but we do get ones like this some places

photo_verybig_153044.jpg

Decided enough is enough and went honey badger on it
    roflmao!! You are nothing if not persistent!

so you want an ego threading rather than 510? and I think you might have been here before, but if not........welcome to the thread!

R.Savage

Aug 5, 2017

Not what your looking for I know. I bought my wife an aspire x30 rover . Very simple to use. And VW. Has a 510 I have tried a nautilus 2 mtl and it comes with a nautilus X . Very solid and simple device. It's very light and quite small. It has a built in battery it lasts quite a long time.

Like I said ... maybe not what your looking for? But perhaps worth a look?

I actually want to buy one for myself for work. I work in a machine shop.
    The device seems to be built like a tank. Very durable.and quote light on the pocketbook.

R.Savage

Aug 5, 2017
    It does seem lime it does have a nice subtle throat hit.
    That does seem to be what others are saying about the salts, as well. Thanks for confirming that.

Since I do like some TH in my vape, I guess I'll stick with the tried and true high % stuff :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Okay, I have been away too long. This forum was a "watched forum" for me and now is not on my list and I do not remember how to make it a "watched forum". Help?

Scroll to the top of the page and look for the links 'watch threads' and 'watch forums'.

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 8.17.13 AM.png

pwmeek

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    yanno now that you say that, I do recall seeing some cigs with that little bitty part of brown paper on the end, but never knew why it was so small. non filters. Ok, solves that mystery from when I was a teen :D<snip>

That "brown paper" was a cork tip. (Basically paper made from ground up cork - or at least it was supposed to be.) If you've never smoked unfiltered cigs, one of the hazards of unfiltereds was when there was s certain amount of moisture on the lip, the paper would weld itself to the lip and require ripping a small patch of skin off to get it unstuck. Cork tips avoided that problem. Kools (unfiltered) were only one brand that had the short (about 1/4 inch) cork tip. Many filtered smokes had a "cork tip" (it may well have been brown paper to imitate a real cork tip). You don't see it much these days (but how would I know - it's been just over six years since I've cared).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread