Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Good luck Frubbish & Bizzy. Say hi to Denver for me. I lived there for 33 years before moving to Idaho 2 years ago. I emailed Ms. Allen & asked her to be fair in presenting the facts & allow her viewers to make their own opinions. Denver people are pretty open minded so hope this goes well. Can't wait to see the interview.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I went to the Denver news channel site and could not find a single thing about the ecig story so don't know if this is for a story down the road or maybe they haven't updated today's stories. I emailed Ms Allen again and asked her to let me know when the story will be aired. We'll see if that happens. Here's the web address:

Denver News, Denver, Colorado News, Weather, and Sports - KMGH Denver's Channel 7

thedenverchannel.com

Frubbish

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
Oh, I do have a question. I have been reading up on the different myths/facts about vaping as well as some of the reports done. But I was unable to find anything on how exactly the liquid nicotine levels are labelled. Meaning, say you have a bottle of High-18mg e-liquid, how much nicotine is actually in the bottle? is it 18mg of nic per ml? Not sure how to word it.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for all of the support guys and gals, my interview is in about 90 minutes, so I am getting pumped up. I brought 4 different e-cigs with me today, so hopefully all goes well with no on-camera part failures;/

Frubbish--90 Minutes is a long time--usually it is a 2 second blerp--Sounds good and I am sure all that studing of the reports pays off--- I am sure you will do Great---Sun

Frubbish

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
I felt it went pretty well...I tend to ramble a bit, so hopefully they will cut some of that part;) There were a couple of questions that she asked me that set off alarms in my head, and I am really hoping she not going to put a negative spin on the story..

The questions that had me wondering were basically:
"Aren't you worried about the health risks?" and "These are banned by the FDA and illegal to sell/buy here, doesn't that worry you?" (I told her, that from what I have read, they are NOT illegal, and fall into a gray area, as they are unregulated--Hopefully I didn't miss a post/News story somewhere;/).

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I felt it went pretty well...I tend to ramble a bit, so hopefully they will cut some of that part;) There were a couple of questions that she asked me that set off alarms in my head, and I am really hoping she not going to put a negative spin on the story..

The questions that had me wondering were basically:
"Aren't you worried about the health risks?" and "These are banned by the FDA and illegal to sell/buy here, doesn't that worry you?" (I told her, that from what I have read, they are NOT illegal, and fall into a gray area, as they are unregulated--Hopefully I didn't miss a post/News story somewhere;/).

If I recall correctly, that FDA spokeswoman made a statement that they were illegal just last week. It seemed a more 'off-the-cuff' statement, and not an official policy... that's how it appeared to me, anyway.

Frubbish

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
Thanks Lacey!

They had me sit in the center of the restaurant and puff away for a few minutes, then they went around and interviewed some of the people nearby. There are some real dbags out there;/ "Well...I didn't notice that he was smoking, but i'm very offended! It's just not right! Damn those smokers to helllllllll" Type of stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread