Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Man, my posts just keep getting ignored. Starting to feel like an outcast :oops:

I've got 2 boxes of the Platinum Slotted that are suffering- They just won't wick worth a crap unless I flood them. Is there any fix besides tossing them in File 13?

Don't toss them N2. Get ahold of Isaac at sales @ ikenvape.com and he will fix you up.

Tried this today. Loaded up a new tank and was pretty excited.... till I started vaping. No go here as well. Super tight draw still. It primed ok and is getting liquid, just can't hit it. .... way too stiff on the draw. Bummer. Are we supposed to be piercing something, or just separating the sheet covering the hole from the metal sides?
There is a thin membrane in there that needs to be pierced.

Last edited:

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Ok guys like 5card said the extra membrane needs to be punctured. I don't use the new slotted ones. Only the fusion and platinum. When you do the fusion or platinum you need a pin or needle smaller then the holes to be able to puncture the extra membrane. If on the platinum which I use most when you go in the side the way Iken showed in the pic you need to do it in a way to puncture the membrane. If you go to far side ways your just making the membrane move nothing more. I have done this myself. So I went in side ways with a slight angle and it worked.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
FYI, tried this on the bad batch of Fusions... it does not work at all. Shoulda used the black pin apparently.
LOL Well you know what they say! No seriously, did you try it like TJ's video?
Emailed last week. No reply :(
I'm sorry N2, deciphering forum names with real names can get difficult. I do remember finding one email about the S series and replying, was that you? I went through a bunch yesterday filling tanks etc and finally found one that wasn't wicking right. It turned out the batting was too dense into the one I found. Instead of going through the port like the V2. What I did was go in from the top of the cartomizer with a 1 inch syringe needle (though I'm sure any pointed thin object will be fine) and used the same 5 points but directly into the outer edge of the batting to loosen it a bit. It works 100% perfectly. The only reason why I went with finding one and figuring out a fix is only because you asked for one. It was rare to find one but glad I did. If you don't feel comfortable doing this. It's not a problem. We can just do a replacement or refund for you. :)
Here is what I am talking about hope this helps.

Awesome video TJ!!!! You nailed perfectly! Videos are always the biggest help by far! You're Awesome!

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I'm sorry N2, deciphering forum names with real names can get difficult. I do remember finding one email about the S series and replying, was that you? I went through a bunch yesterday filling tanks etc and finally found one that wasn't wicking right. It turned out the batting was too dense into the one I found. Instead of going through the port like the V2. What I did was go in from the top of the cartomizer with a 1 inch syringe needle (though I'm sure any pointed thin object will be fine) and used the same 5 points but directly into the outer edge of the batting to loosen it a bit. It works 100% perfectly. The only reason why I went with finding one and figuring out a fix is only because you asked for one. It was rare to find one but glad I did. If you don't feel comfortable doing this. It's not a problem. We can just do a replacement or refund for you. :)

Thanks so much for this info. No, I have not gotten any reply back from you. But no biggie.

What's weird is you had so much trouble finding a bad one, and we've tried 3 from the same box that has been bad. Maybe my whole box is bad. I'll try one from the 2nd box. If it has the wicking problem, I'll try what you suggest. Thanks for taking the time to find a bad one- that had to been a real PITA!

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I have done this with 4 platinum's so far, mixed results. Last one lasted about 1/2 day before draw got to tight. Never did achieve total satisfaction. Not going to do anymore, just wasting cartos. Iken offered me a RMA, and I took him up on the offer. Letting the fixing to those that claim 100% success. Havent seen an email with the RMA yet though. Moved on, ordered some smoktech and boges as I use cartos daily while at work while saving the kayfuns and taifuns for home use.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I did this with one yesterday, and the draw is ridiculously tight. But isn't this a different issue? The moment I screw it on to anything I can't draw from it - I can draw from it fine unscrewed. I've tried loosening it, but it's as if the airhole is in the wrong place somehow.

They vent through two slots on the center pin. If you tighten them to tight it shoves the centerpin up closing the gap between the stem on the carto closing off the air. Another thing is some PVs (I have one) hit the center post just right cutting off the air. All my other PVs work fine but one cuts the air off.

If your still having problems send them back.

platinum_zpsd6f0c9e6.jpg

Last edited:

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I'm seeing some "send them back" suggestions here but Iken responded to my problem on Feb 10th telling me he would send an RMA to me and I havent received it yet. That was 11 days ago. I'm not feeling the love that is taking up bandwidth here.

Is this over? Am I the only one left with 4 boxes of possible bad cartos?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm seeing some "send them back" suggestions here but Iken responded to my problem on Feb 10th telling me he would send an RMA to me and I havent received it yet. That was 11 days ago. I'm not feeling the love that is taking up bandwidth here.

Is this over? Am I the only one left with 4 boxes of possible bad cartos?

He has been running willy nilly lately and this isn't his usual way of doing business. It probably slipped his mind. Sorry for that but I'll see if I can steer him this direction. You are very important to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread