Proposed FDA Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Stock up while the supply is plentiful. DIY juice is cheap once you have the hardware and flavors. Those of us who are hardcore vapers won't really suffer. The flavors will be available to those who cook cakes and pastries and buy them regularly. Most tobacco flavors generally have little or no tobacco content to speak of, so maybe they will be available, too.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is long past time for a revolution and I wish it had happened like, before I was born. Because you know, France, that specializes in revolutions seems to be once again cautioning that revolutions aren't such a great time. Etc. It's a catch 22.

Wouldn't mind a guillotine for a few FDA members though, although the FDA is truly a many headed monster, I'd be at it for the rest of my life.

Dear FDA if you are reading this no, I'm not serious right now if only that I don't have time.
Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That to me is absurdity. I understand that greed is a powerful motivator but surely an elected representatives primary responsibility is to the well being of his/her constituants.

Thank You for posting that. It's Nice to read something Funny 1st thing in the Mourning while drinking coffee.

:thumb:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    In theory, absolutely. In reality, not so much.
    “In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - unknown

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Revolution?

Heck... At this point, I would settle for a Rally in a Major City or two.
    It would have better if they just dropped the hammer hard right from the get go. That would have riled some folks up pretty good. Many more folks would not have had time to stock up, so they would have more skin in the game to organize rallies and protests.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    It would have better if they just dropped the hammer hard right from the get go. That would have riled some folks up pretty good. Many more folks would not have had time to stock up, so they would have more skin in the game to organize rallies and protests.
    Well of course. They know they have to heat the water slowly, otherwise the frogs jump out of the pot.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Yeah... In some ways it would have. And in others, it would have been Much Worse.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Well of course. They know they have to heat the water slowly, otherwise the frogs jump out of the pot.

yeah it's known as "incremental change" and it's what all Governments do when they want to change their society.... Slow brainwashing is the key.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I dont get this. As a brit, our government is actively encouraging smokers to vape to the point that vapes will be available on our NHS as a cessation tool. How is the US so opposite to our position. I have read lots of things like this recently in the US.

I dont think anybody is trying to claim vaping to be 100% guaranteed safe but they are considerably better than the alternative.
    i think its all about the money they will lose,not about the health of the citizens?

This video shows who is vaping's biggest enemy. As others have said, its all about money and politics in the US.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017

I, for one, am glad we have a strong warning.
    I am getting to the point where I really have to consider what to add to my stock.
    We are way too small a group to have any impact on the political scene. No organized group handing out campaign donations equals zero consideration.
    I just feel bad for those who will not be able to reduce harm in the future. While the government loudly hails reduction in smoking, they ignore those smoking something other than tobacco which at this point would double the number and will very soon exceed tobacco smoking. Notice that seems not to trouble them at all. Quite the opposite.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I, for one, am glad we have a strong warning.
    I am getting to the point where I really have to consider what to add to my stock.
    We are way too small a group to have any impact on the political scene. No organized group handing out campaign donations equals zero consideration.
    I just feel bad for those who will not be able to reduce harm in the future. While the government loudly hails reduction in smoking, they ignore those smoking something other than tobacco which at this point would double the number and will very soon exceed tobacco smoking. Notice that seems not to trouble them at all. Quite the opposite.

The axiom of "follow the money" should always be at our forethoughts …… When vaping gets super huge (it's on it's way now) then corruption will inevitably happen.... It always does ….. BT got so big that it was able to sway the Gvt..… Will the vaping industry get so big and powerful that it becomes corrupt? Or will BT smash the vaping industry (it's trying hard now) before it has a chance to get too large and powerful? Whatever happens, you can be rest assured that money will be at the root of it and you will be able to follow it to the corrupt source.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Someday, maybe, the industry will pull itself together and figure out how fights are actually won. Until then we may continue to be our own worst enemies, sadly enough.

funny because it is too true,

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2011
    That to me is absurdity. I understand that greed is a powerful motivator but surely an elected representatives primary responsibility is to the well being of his/her constituants.

"Elected"...there is the rub with our FDA.....that entire organization isn't subject to OUR say....OUR elections. To be perfectly honest....they really don't answer to anyone!!! Sure, congress can call the head in for questioning, but they answer to no one in reality.....hence why it is so easy for it to be corrupted :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    "Elected"...there is the rub with our FDA.....that entire organization isn't subject to OUR say....OUR elections. To be perfectly honest....they really don't answer to anyone!!! Sure, congress can call the head in for questioning, but they answer to no one in reality.....hence why it is so easy for it to be corrupted :(

:thumb:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    The axiom of "follow the money" should always be at our forethoughts …… When vaping gets super huge (it's on it's way now) then corruption will inevitably happen.... It always does ….. BT got so big that it was able to sway the Gvt..… Will the vaping industry get so big and powerful that it becomes corrupt? Or will BT smash the vaping industry (it's trying hard now) before it has a chance to get too large and powerful? Whatever happens, you can be rest assured that money will be at the root of it and you will be able to follow it to the corrupt source.

On the side of vaping is the "healthier" aspect of not smoking. People die early as a direct result of decades of smoking. So far, lots of people are generally escaping the eventual harm from their smoking years as a result of their switch to vaping. It will be hard for government to drop the hammer on vaping as a dangerous or deadly habit. Of course, we don't know what happens if someone vapes heavily for 50 years, but I suspect that smoking burning tobacco will (almost) always result in early death compared to vaping.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Revolution?

Heck... At this point, I would settle for a Rally in a Major City or two.

Government could lower cancer rates by adopting the slogan, "Vape, Don't Smoke". But ... they'd be cutting their own throat from the resultant decline in tobacco settlement payments.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Government could lower cancer rates by adopting the slogan, "Vape, Don't Smoke". But ... they'd be cutting their own throat from the resultant decline in tobacco settlement payments.

But that is Based on Tobacco Taxation Revenue Streams remaining Static. Which they Won't.

And US, as well as other Countries, Health Organizations maintaining a position that e-Cigarettes pose a similar risk as Smoking. Which they Haven't.

The Only thing holding back that Slogan is to Level the Books Taxation wise on Vaping to Smoking. And if you have followed this, like I know you have, you have seen this leveling Progressing at a Geometrically Constant Rate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread