Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
What I don't understand is why cigarette manufacturers aren't quietly shifting over to producing vape products.
Sure. But would they want the job? ;)

And there's the rub: those who want power generally shouldn't have it, and those who don't want it, well, don't want it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What I don't understand is why cigarette manufacturers aren't quietly shifting over to producing vape products.

And there's the rub: those who want power generally shouldn't have it, and those who don't want it, well, don't want it.

They already are. Blu, Vuse, Mark 10, and iqos are all BT products. They have flat out said they see e cigarettes as their future.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the tobacco industry has had so much dung flung its way (and actually, at least per a doctor of mine, they were considering going heat not burn back in the 60s and decided against it) so they are UN quietly regretting their decision and STILL saying they want to give everyone really expensive cancer.

It's their thing. I mean Reynolds is doing a HNB thing that seems somewhat popular and I think some of them may be buying vaping STOCK tons of it, but they just don't have the infrastructure a lot of vape places do already and they are way behind the curve.

But basically they want to give everyone expensive cancer is what it comes down to.

THEY JUST DO, it's their thing. They smoke themselves, and they don't want to give up their AWESOME product. To be fair, smoking has weathered storms like this before, and done fine. I don't think they quite understand vaping's momentum though OR they want to see the FDA shut it down. That would be very satisfying for them.

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I think the tobacco industry has had so much dung flung its way (and actually, at least per a doctor of mine, they were considering going heat not burn back in the 60s and decided against it) so they are UN quietly regretting their decision and STILL saying they want to give everyone really expensive cancer.

It's their thing. I mean Reynolds is doing a HNB thing that seems somewhat popular and I think some of them may be buying vaping STOCK tons of it, but they just don't have the infrastructure a lot of vape places do already and they are way behind the curve.

But basically they want to give everyone expensive cancer is what it comes down to.

THEY JUST DO, it's their thing. They smoke themselves, and they don't want to give up their AWESOME product. To be fair, smoking has weathered storms like this before, and done fine. I don't think they quite understand vaping's momentum though OR they want to see the FDA shut it down. That would be very satisfying for them.

Anna

At lot of it is that business get stuck, just as we all do. Say a company makes a bundle selling wood for homes heated by fireplaces, and then heating trends move to oil. The company makes the mistake of thinking it's in the business of selling wood and continues to push its unwanted product, when in fact it's in the business of selling heat and needs to shift to the new means of delivering that product.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I still say (even if they are investing in vaping) they really want to continue to like, sell people very expensive CANCER, period. I think the smoking numbers in the youth really fired up the smoking LOBBYISTS and to be fair, the states want their tax money.

I don't know which will come out of this battle the VICTOR (smoking OR vaping) but if you ask me the FDA is making sure to do what it can to make sure EVERY CITIZEN loses.

I mean....

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Anna

Most of the elderly chiefs in the tobacco companies are probably eyeing their stock and deciding to retire soon and cash it all in while it's still worth something. They have to see the handwriting on the wall.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Most of the elderly chiefs in the tobacco companies are probably eyeing their stock and deciding to retire soon and cash it all in while it's still worth something. They have to see the handwriting on the wall.

I wonder what all that BT Stock will be trading at on Aug 9th, 2022?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I dont get this. As a brit, our government is actively encouraging smokers to vape to the point that vapes will be available on our NHS as a cessation tool. How is the US so opposite to our position. I have read lots of things like this recently in the US.

I dont think anybody is trying to claim vaping to be 100% guaranteed safe but they are considerably better than the alternative.
The government lackeys this side of the pond usually need to be shamed into doing the right thing. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The government lackeys this side of the pond usually need to be shamed into doing the right thing. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

The UK NHS is set up to encourage less illness and lower expenditures to keep costs contained for UK citizens. There's no such mechanism in the US to drive costs down due to fragmented insurance coverage and reimbursements that encourage overuse of services.

Getting hit in the pocketbook is a mighty good stimulus to find ways to reduce expenses.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
They already are. Blu, Vuse, Mark 10, and IQOS are all BT products. They have flat out said they see e cigarettes as their future.

Their problem was in such an open market they were not thriving the way they do in the cigarette industry, so they have to use legislation to get some of the competition out of the way. And they have the financial power to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread