Provari V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
Got an email from ProVape tonight at 7:22pm. Message - See what we have been up to at ProVape: with a link to VIEW SITE

Great! I'm thinking Provape 3 announced! NOT!!!

Either they just released a GloVari (glows in the dark) it was just a marketing email because I have not bought anything recently. Oh well.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I've worked for 16 years as a carpenter in the yacht building business. In those 16 years, I've probably worked with epoxy more than anyone at Provape, and I know how much it can take before it fails. I can tell you this, Provape made a wrong design decision in using epoxy. Don't get me wrong, I still love my ProVari, but the only way to properly secure the board, is by doing it like jimho described. It's inexcusable, to use two small drops of epoxy for a company claiming to make the most reliable PV on the market.

Surely you know more than the engineers and rocket scientists who designed ProVari... You really should contact ProVape about a job as a consultant.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
There are some rubber cements used for model aircraft. I have experience with it. They are used for securing the servo which controls the ailerons and all other control surfaces. This was a high speed model aircraft that flew 100mph. That "glue" was solid and never budged despite the constant high pressure it endured. The highest pressure my provari button "endures" is about...like...nothing. And they use epoxy, which can be stronger than rubber cement.
Its not the best design choice if only due to the perceived quality and value that it gives, even if it holds. So maybe the V3 will have a mechanical solution.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Looks pretty great. 20 watts seems pretty conservative. I wonder if you can get more by using that hot shot feature? Anyway, I feel like i'll be fine with my 2.5. The P3 seems to fit the same power category as the 2.5, so looks like a Reo or another mech might be in my future. I can't justify a P3 when the 2.5 does the same thing.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
This isn't going to help their reputation (in some people's eyes) of being outdated. I mean it hasn't even been released yet and it's already ~ a year behind when it comes to power output? Wut? With the way the market is now? With the Evolv and Innokin deal?

No doubt Provape loyalist and people looking for a very trustworthy pv will buy it. But you have to believe their market share (when compared to overall growth) is still shrinking.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
This isn't going to help their reputation (in some people's eyes) of being outdated. I mean it hasn't even been released yet and it's already ~ a year behind when it comes to power output? Wut? With the way the market is now? With the Evolv and Innokin deal?

No doubt Provape loyalist and people looking for a very trustworthy pv will buy it. But you have to believe their market share (when compared to overall growth) is still shrinking.

Not outdated for the people that don't vape over 20 watts - I'd include myself in this category.
They'll sell a bucket load - even if they're $250+ which I suspect they will be.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Not outdated for the people that don't vape over 20 watts - I'd include myself in this category.
They'll sell a bucket load - even if they're $250+ which I suspect they will be.

That's my point. The market is going towards higher wattage regulated devices. No doubt they'll sell well ... but that doesn't equal market share.
The problem with them being so far behind is the "attitude" most will have. The selling point of the Provari always has and always will be it's accuracy and durability.

Accuracy is no longer a factor, as there are several chips on the market that are accurate. Durability? The problem with durability is that a lot of people aren't even using the same regulated devices they used 3 months ago ... let alone a year or more. So while the idea of having a regulated device that can last YEARS without needing repair sounds great, most people don't even consider this a factor in their buying decision anymore.

When you take away accuracy and you take away durability as buying factors, the only thing really left for Provape is the "Made in USA" mantra. The problem is the P3 doesn't really bring anything innovative to the table. People are going to compare the P3 to other devices in the final quarter of 2014 and many won't find a solid justification to pay the extra 2-4X amount of money. In short, people will perceive Provape being "behind the times" compared to companies such as Evolv and YiHi.

I mean ... by time the P3 comes out we might have 150watt devices with complete voltage step down for under $100. How many of those people do you think are going to spend $220-$250 on a P3? It's a considerable loss of market share IMHO.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Go to any Vapemeet and you'll see more Provari's being used than an other device - as will be the case in two years time.
I certainly considered durability when I bought my Provari.

As far as being 'behind the times' is concerned, the ability to press the button and inhale accurately regulated vapor - is all that's required.

There's a hell of a lot more people that would go for accuracy and durability over 150 watts any day.

This clamor for high wattage is not only getting silly, soon you won't be able to buy batteries safe enough for the wattage that folks are looking for.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
There's plenty of devices in that price range that offer accuracy while providing more power aka more versatility. Even if you don't vape over 20 watts, having that limit when there's plenty of well-built devices that offer more is just constraining your versatility for any future exploration.

This device's claim to fame is only the Provari name and it will no doubt be popular among Provari enthusiasts, but I'm gonna have a hard time recommending it to anyone with the price tag it will probably have and the limit of power and versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread