Status
Not open for further replies.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Not at all. I can't speak for their R & D team, but my guess is that they must be pretty happy with their current product judged by reports that they have recently hired additional staff to keep up with their current orders.

Why wait for the changes if you really want a Provari. If a new product comes out that you would want more, I hear its not hard to sell them for not much less than original price on the classies.

Yeah, I guess they should just wait until they start losing sales then. Of course with the growth of the ecig market just about everyone has trouble keeping up with orders it seems to me.

And I imagine that the classies situation won't hold if/when they do come out with my described product.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Just my opinion: That's all this is. At the local vapor shop they think I'm a veteran vapor. By no means am I a veteran vapor. I still consider myself such a noob that I don't really know what I'm doing. I'd like to see Provari go with a VW device. My reasons are
I spent all my factory career dealing with heca decimal, and binary codes. I don't want to do math.
I don't know what all my atty's resistance is.
I don't want to check with a meter.
I don't even know what wattage I use, but I think it's somewhere around 6-7 watts from what I have spent the time trying to figure out.
I don't like a hot vape at this point in my use, I've tried to crank things up and it wasn't comfortable for me personally.
Finally I'll end this with I want the "Showtime rotisserie grill" Something where you can "Set it and forget it".
Like I said just my own opinion. Everything I have is VV except my little stealth 400mah baby. That's what make the world go round is all the different things people like and don't like. I will never condem anything I know nothing about. But would like to try out a VW and see if it's my cup of tea. So I :toast:all the people that have decided to come to a new way of life. A better way of life, and a longer life. Happy vaping everyone no matter what you use.:vapor:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Yeah, there is a lot of Apple like fervor here. Any thing that is a shortcoming is somehow a feature, until Apple addresses the shortcoming then it is the way things should be.

I guarantee that if Provari comes out with a VW mod with 3 buttons, the same people that say they don't need VW or 3 buttons will be buying them and extolling the virtues.

No doubt. Well said.

Personally I don't like multibutton devices. I end up pressing the wrong one and wondering what is wrong. Whatever is best for you.

I've never understood the fanboy mode. I think it may have something to do with ego. Defending a purchase, things like that.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well good, sounds like you gotta click it that many times to get to the menu you want.
:thumb: Nice one. That's clever.

In all seriousness. I might enter a contest to win one, but I won't ever spend my money on it. Why not? Simple, when you've got rabid fanboys telling you it cures cancer, makes women throw themselves at you, makes changing your car's air filter a snap, will cause your in-laws to suddenly regard you with awe and respect, and can predict weather patterns..... it's statistically impossible that it'll live up to the hype.
:cry: Wow, mine doesn't do ANY of those things. Let me call Provape now!

Boden said:
I was very interested in a kicked silver bullet until I realized I would have to take the thing apart to adjust the wattage setting when I changed heads.
I know. I have a Silver Bullet, too. My first experience with variable voltage was when the owner of Altsmoke stuck a Kick and sleeve on my SB in his store. That sold me on VV. But with the way I change flavors throughout the day, I realized the Kick wasn't the best solution for me. That's when I decided on the Provari instead.

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Not enough buttons? One is a plenty. Oh wait, it has fifteen settings, so maybe it needs fifteen buttons.;)

Naw, 3 ought to do it. 1 to move between menus and the other two to navigate up and down within the menu.

I guess if 1 is enough then tv remotes should have only 1. You press it 5 time to get to the channel menu, run through all the channels, then go into volume and it goes all the way up and circles back when you want to turn the volume down, etc.

Ridiculous, but not more so than you 15 button comment.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would like to thank EACH and EVERY participant that got involved in this discussion. Excellent points and perspectives were provided by everyone. It was fun and informative. And... it stayed civil. :thumbs:

As is the motto here, "Whatever works for you to stay off the smokes."

Now, everyone vape on. :vapor:

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I was being factitious, of course. There is nothing on the market that will satisfy everyone, so if one doesn't like a particular product, then there are other choices. This even applies to coffee makers. The Provari is a quality made product that can be rebuilt even outside warranty. Most other mods are "throw away", literally.

Naw, 3 out to do it. 1 to move between menus and the other two to navigate up and down within the menu.

I guess if 1 is enough then tv remotes should have only 1. You press it 5 time to get to the channel menu, run through all the channels, then go into volume and it goes all the way up and circles back when you want to turn the volume down, etc.

Ridiculous, but not more so than you 15 button comment.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Just an off topic note to Baditude: Make em hurry up with my new tank man. I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I want more laser drilled boges. (none of my tanks will take the DC cartos I don't think) We may have to chat about that if you don't mind. After all your my go to tank guy. :toast:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just an off topic note to Baditude: Make em hurry up with my new tank man. I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I want more laser drilled boges. (none of my tanks will take the DC cartos I don't think) We may have to chat about that if you don't mind. After all your my go to tank guy. :toast:
I heard rumors that one of the key people at Phiniac is quite ill, so I don't know how that might affect their supply and demand. Give me a PM if you have questions.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I didn't go with a Kick because I didn't want to have to keep tinkering with it. But that's not the only VW available. I like VW because I change toppers and it adjusts. I think we'll see more and more VW in devices, and I'd be surprised if provari don't bring out their own at some point. It wouldn't be hard for them to add it. And they may make it an upgrade for existing owners even - who knows. :)

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
The update won't cost as much as the Kick, either. $45 bucks is just too much, IMO for one of those things. I've bought motherboards for around the same price.

I didn't go with a Kick because I didn't want to have to keep tinkering with it. But that's not the only VW available. I think we'll see more and more VW in devices, and I'd be surprised if provari don't bring out their own at some point. It wouldn't be hard for them to add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread