Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I need a video camera to do that! My still camera does do video but man is it crappy (it's crappy with still photos too, but at least slightly better). I do wonder what a reasonably decent video camera cost. Anyone know? Also, I should break down and buy a good still camera that does decent video. Anyone know much about cameras? Is the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 any good or is there better (for my work, the widest angle I can get the better, but I also want compact!).

I don't know about that model in particular, but IMO you can't go wrong with a Sony Cybershot. My last camera was a CS, which I dropped on the stone ruins in Cozumel. It was a 5 mega pixel (top of the line when I bought it). I had to settle for whatever the cruise ship was selling for a replacement, cause I wanted to be able to be able to take pics for the rest of the cruise. I wish I had used my phone and waited until I got back to buy a new one. My old 5 mp CS took better pics than the brand new 10 or 12 mp camera. I can't remember what brand the new one is... well know brand, not just a cheap piece of crap, but it sure ain't a Sony.

Also, I feel like the Sony would have survived the drop had it not been either 1) dropped on the rocks or 2) powered on at the time so the lens was out. The only thing wrong with it after I dropped it was that the lens got bent so it won't open and close... or take pictures.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
I'm by no means an expert, and, frankly, high-end digital cameras are *well* beyond my resources (though, man, would I love a good digital SLR), but a lot of my friends absolutely *love* Sony, and the one I had a long time ago was really great.

I don't know about that model in particular, but IMO you can't go wrong with a Sony Cybershot. My last camera was a CS, which I dropped on the stone ruins in Cozumel. It was a 5 mega pixel (top of the line when I bought it). I had to settle for whatever the cruise ship was selling for a replacement, cause I wanted to be able to be able to take pics for the rest of the cruise. I wish I had used my phone and waited until I got back to buy a new one. My old 5 mp CS took better pics than the brand new 10 or 12 mp camera. I can't remember what brand the new one is... well know brand, not just a cheap piece of crap, but it sure ain't a Sony.

Also, I feel like the Sony would have survived the drop had it not been either 1) dropped on the rocks or 2) powered on at the time so the lens was out. The only thing wrong with it after I dropped it was that the lens got bent so it won't open and close... or take pictures.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I had a Sony, and it was pretty good. But you just can't seem to go wrong with a Canon. I have bought 3 cameras and a camcorder from them and they just work great. They really shine when it comes to low-light performance. I used to take a lot of pics in bars and basements, and they outperformed any other camera I, or anyone I knew, had under those situations. Not to say they did bad otherwise, not at all, they just excelled in those situations.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I am in the market for another battery. I don't have any VV ones anymore. Literally a week after I got the special USB adapter to run it safely, the wire started coming loose from it and it finally just died. That's okay, I got a lot of use out of it, but I have some standard voltage ego batts I bought over a year ago that I'm still using regularly. Since we're rotating 3 batteries between the husband and I, I really want a 4th.

That's a pretty decent price for such a fancy battery, even without the current discount.

I also didn't expect any Alpha products to drop until after the move, but I hoped they would.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Good question tidegirl.

How will we see, or know what are, Alpha items? Are they going to be in a special section or what?

Thanks

One thing to remember here count.....read dear doggies posts as if it were Binny posting....he loves hidden messages ;)

Now...onto the other question. On the site, on the left side, there is a category for the Alpha items. They will all be in there hon. Don't expect to see anything till after the move and it's settled a little though.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
One thing to remember here count.....read dear doggies posts as if it were Binny posting....he loves hidden messages ;)
D'oh!

Now...onto the other question. On the site, on the left side, there is a category for the Alpha items. They will all be in there hon. Don't expect to see anything till after the move and it's settled a little though.
Got it. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread