Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
2nd day with rayon, 3rd tank in is now tasting better. the first 2 tanks were very mehhh for flavor.
Cool, this is typical for flavor to improve but you may fancy trying a tad less rayon next time you rewick. Sounds like your break-in period is longer than it has to be, which would be caused by a little much rayon. Actually not a problem though currently as your wick is getting into its prime.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Any wick is going to have a break in period, but for me it's usually about half a tank, depending on the size of the tank. IDK though, everyone's sensitive to different tastes, so it may just be that some folks taste the rayon more, though I'm not going to argue with the Gods of Rayon since they magically (in like two posts!) solved my wicking issues.... So perhaps less rayon though someone said it shrinks?

Still no leaks in the Siren V2, I have fallen in love with this tank, so listen to the Gods of Rayon, LOL.

Anna

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I think i was originally turned off in it as there werent many decent rtas when i first used it. was primarily rbas. And i could not get passed the wet rayonish flavor of low subohmed vapes, i preferred the dry vape that equaled that of ciggy smoke. i thinned tails and tapered just enough to cover juice holes and stuffed a tiger coil pretty fat. 3 tanks no leaks taste was blahh compared to jc with max vg juices with a 70/30 now for 3rd tank seems to taste pretty good

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
2nd day with rayon, 3rd tank in is now tasting better. the first 2 tanks were very mehhh for flavor.

Careful here, too little or too much rayon in the COIL can cause extended meh flavor just like with cotton and the rayon taste will seemingly take forever to taper off. Better to error on the side of excess than too little always with rayon.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Careful here, too little or too much rayon in the COIL can cause extended meh flavor just like with cotton and the rayon taste will seemingly take forever to taper off. Better to error on the side of excess than too little always with rayon.
I had to shut the juice flow holes significantly as i started to get a lot of spit back

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I had to shut the juice flow holes significantly as i started to get a lot of spit back

I think im gonna try n stuff it in a notch coil since theyre rigid, less worry about screwing up coil wraps

I've said it before and I'll say the same thing now, a spitty vape is an under powered vape; crank the power up.
As for notch coils; never like them.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I've said it before and I'll say the same thing now, a spitty vape is an under powered vape; crank the power up.
As for notch coils; never like them.
if i go higher the juice vape flavor gets burnt its not always underpowered. i found by closing juice control half way i eliminated the spit without adjusting power at all.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I'm liking it so far.

Not much for me to add, LOL. That's a single coil .85 ohm clapton. Running at 24 watts and about six amps. Nice flavor and clouds with some max VG juice I concocted.

I'm a convert!

The guy at the local vape shop had never even heard of it. I told him to Google it and it came up with a beauty supply store. He said "this can't be it."

I said "it is."

ROFL
55dc6de5bc74ced495de955ce9f59374.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
F0D6F3C3-151E-4BE1-8519-E47C2073C8D0.jpeg
The Vandy Vape Mesh Bf Rda but using a Geekvape Nichrome Fused Clapton .41 ohm. Wicked with rayon of course ;) I tried @JeremyR method of wicking posted on page 1 of this thread since this rda doesn’t have any juice well to speak of. Flavors great! Working great so far. Any critiques? Any way to wick it better? Open to suggestions.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Working great so far. Any critiques? Any way to wick it better? Open to suggestions.

The build looks great! Just one suggestion, take two wraps off the coil. It'll produce a wetter vape with better flavor and be less likely to overheat in the center of the coil. As general rule when using rayon with claptons I try keep the length of any coil to less than 1.75X the coil ID. Any longer than that seems take away from the lifespan of rayon (rayon separates in the center of the coil from excess heat). My 2¢.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
The build looks great! Just one suggestion, take two wraps off the coil. It'll produce a wetter vape with better flavor and be less likely to overheat in the center of the coil. As general rule when using rayon with claptons I try keep the length of any coil to less than 1.75X the coil ID. Any longer than that seems take away from the lifespan of rayon (rayon separates in the center of the coil from excess heat). My 2¢.
Thanks for the suggestion ;)
These coils should be 3mm i.d. When measuring the length of the coils the 1.75x makes them 5.25mm in length? Is my math right?

Reactions: TrollDragon

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Thanks for the suggestion ;)
These coils should be 3mm i.d. When measuring the length of the coils the 1.75x makes them 5.25mm in length? Is my math right?
Yep, your math is good. A 5.25mm long coil would be the longest I'd go with 3mm ID claptons when using rayon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread