Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hello,

Thank you all for your help! I continue to experiment with my cellucotton but overall I remain a little disappointed.
On my KF prime the result is not regular, sometimes the flavors are perfect and soon after they degrade.
Always on KF sometimes the wick is well fed other times I have dry hits ...

As the KF prime is quite capricious with the wicking, I decided to mount my Fev in cellucotton.
My Fev are waterproof with cotton and I had a flood with cellucotton. I continue to work following your advice but I start to despair a bit.
The last kayfun I used was a 4 and it was excellent. I tried the Kayfun Mini V3 and hated every minute of it so I never bothered going any further with them. I still use a Rose V2 for my MTL tank.

Here is my FeV wicked with Rayon, this was the first build on it and I wanted to be sure it would not leak. Since that day, I have trimmed the tails flush with the edge of the deck and have never had a problem with flooding. I don't thin the tails out on the FeV either, just cut them off square after the screws.

8on3ckF.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I love the FEV, both the V3 and V4 although I have modified the air flow in both. I've been wicking them with rayon since I found rayon, say three years or so, and never had a leak or bad flavor experiences. I usually leave the wick long enough to have a wisp on the deck to soak up any condensation or over feed. I still use them daily. Great single coil tank that is so easy to coil, wick and fill. I did give upon glass and plastic tanks for them though, I use them on my "outside yard work" mods.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I ordered some rayon which will be here tommorow to give it a go. I’ve been using muji cotton exclusively for the past year or two. I’m curious to see how much better the flavor will be and am also curious about vapor production.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Well I just got my rayon in and rewicked my GeekVape Blitzen with it. I just pulled out a section of it from the box and split that in two. I rolled it each section and put them tight into each coil. I trimmed each tail a bit and filled her up and it’s working perfectly. I’m able to chain vape with no dry hits whatsoever. With the muji cotton I had to give it a few seconds between hits or I’d get burnt cotton. I’m surprised I was able to get it working on the first try. I’m really liking it so far.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Well here we go for round 2. After my embarrassment of thinking the Graham cotton was actually rayon I ordered the right stuff on amazon and it came in today. I went ahead and rewicked my blitzen once again. I made sure that the rayon was tight in the coils. I fanned the tails up and trimmed and then I fanned them to the side and trimmed making sure the tails were thinner than the rayon in the coil. I did it quick because I figured my first attempt would be a no go. To my surprise it’s working well. I’m using some non flavored diy just to see if it’s working properly and I don’t taste anything at all. I’ve been chain vaping and there are no signs of any problems whatsoever. I’m pleased.

I have a question though. Considering these wicks last a good amount of time what is your guys experience with changing flavors on the same wick with rayon? Do I have to completely rewick or is it good to go the way it is?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Well here we go for round 2. After my embarrassment of thinking the Graham cotton was actually rayon I ordered the right stuff on amazon and it came in today. I went ahead and rewicked my blitzen once again. I made sure that the rayon was tight in the coils. I fanned the tails up and trimmed and then I fanned them to the side and trimmed making sure the tails were thinner than the rayon in the coil. I did it quick because I figured my first attempt would be a no go. To my surprise it’s working well. I’m using some non flavored diy just to see if it’s working properly and I don’t taste anything at all. I’ve been chain vaping and there are no signs of any problems whatsoever. I’m pleased.

I have a question though. Considering these wicks last a good amount of time what is your guys experience with changing flavors on the same wick with rayon? Do I have to completely rewick or is it good to go the way it is?
    It depends on what juices are used.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts

I just finished 120ml of Blackberry in one of my Aromamizers.
    It's a relatively clean juice so I'll wash out the tank and drip the next flavor on the bottom of the base with the business part flipped upside down to flush it through. That's my usual MO. I scrape & Q-Tip coils and flush crud every refill.
    I only replace the rayon when it's too clogged to wick well.

Bottom fed deck with dual coils makes flushing crud easy. Pic from last Summer.
    20045620_1995042767393210_8343789544375120140_o.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada

You will find that you can vape Rayon bone dry, so switching up flavors can be just a matter of filling the tank. (All depends on the flavor)

There was always a slushy leftover bit of juice in the tails of cotton when I was using it, would sometimes take half a tank or more to clear. Rayon usually has it cleared on the second vape.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Was just talking to our prophet Jeremy on FB, he wishes he was here and really appreciates his ECF family.

He's flat out busy as he's been going through some personal stuff. If any of you have him on your FB friend list, send some love his way I'm sure he would appreciate it.

We will see the return of our prophet, the Rayonati King.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I use mostly tobacco flavors and routinely just refill with the "flavor de jour". It only takes a few hits, then the new flavor is there. Sometimes the mix is really good, which makes me wish I could figure out the ratios of flavors, and sometime just blah. Worst case, a rinse, dry with a paper towel or tissue, refill and go. Rayon does not actually absorb like cotton does. It transports the liquid instead so that makes it pretty easy to change flavors. I've used builds to the point of not being able to see the coil for all the gunk, rinsed it, and the rayon comes back pristine white. YMMV as with everything vape related.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If I want to change flavors, I usually just vape my tank pretty low, and then change (provided it isn't something vomit inducing) but most of the time, the flavor change happens pretty naturally and within the first tank.

I haven't tried "flushing" my rayon wicks, although I might next time mine gets fully gunked. LOL. It will be interesting to see what happens.

So glad you are liking rayon @Butters78, I was not at all expecting success with my first wick attempt but I certainly had some. I tend to want to go TOO tight in the coil, so I've actually learned to dial it back a bit (it gunks less quickly that way) but overall, I have been very, very happy. It's a forgiving wicking material for sure... At least in my experience.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread