Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes, that's about the right time frame. Those little Kanger heads were, well, little. [emoji38] My start as well. Much easier on toppers designed to be user built.

I suspect it really is rayon. Wouldn't they get hit for false advertising?
Just out of curiosity, why did you rebuild those tiny little drop ins instead of a proper rebuildable back then? I know many did it, but never really understood because I believe a proper rebuildable at the time was definitely a better vape....was it because the rebuildables at the time were more expensive or you did both and just liked the challenge? I was doing rebuildables and when the protank came out, that's what my wife vaped and I did rebuild a few for her until she also switched over to a regular rebuildable and although it was better then a stock head, it still didn't seem as good as a taifun, kayfun, or some of the GG rebuildables at the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: TrollDragon

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just out of curiosity, why did you rebuild those tiny little drop ins instead of a proper rebuildable back then?

Um, 'cause I'm a tightwad? :lol:

Actually, for nearly the whole first year after I made the switch, I wasn't really sure it would work, so didn't want to get too heavily invested in hardware. Once I hit my first vapaversary, all the restraints came off, and life got easier :)

hisionics

Aug 18, 2019
I suspect it really is rayon. Wouldn't they get hit for false advertising?

Well, maybe some cotton blend (Rayon+Cotton) like the "new" Fiber Freaks, that was kinda deceptive (at least). Most products Description (on many shops) reported no differences or were kinda "approssimative".
This plus a lot of other "practices" i discovered about vape market (cotton but also other materials like wires) made me kinda suspicious about anything o_O

Kanger heads were kind of big, I started rebuilding the "clearomizer" from Volt. That was a 1ml atomizer the size of a cartomizer for cig-a-likes. There was an internal ceramic cup that the coil/wick sat inside of. I wound the coils on a 16 gauge, blunt, needle using six or seven wraps 32 or 34 gauge nichrome and welded on, nickel, legs. Wicking was a real PITA between the small diameter and the thin wire distorting as the rayon was pulled through. The worst were the dual head, mop style clearos though. Getting the coils properly aligned and spaced, wires arranged and welded was a killer.
ok then if my Kanger was (1) Hell, your is (5) Hells = 666 Hells Total!! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

p.s. ok ok.. i''ll stop it with this addictive smile :rickroll:

hisionics

Aug 18, 2019
Holy Fiber? More like ‘holy .... that’s some expensive fiber! 5 bucks for 7g vs 13 bucks for 1000g. Those guys must be laughing their asses off. I bet the whole wicking segment of vaping is like 97% profit margins.

dunno where u found those prices in Europe pal. I had done some search and i found price between 22$ (Graham) and 40/50$ or more (Tidi Balls) that ships to my country (Italy).
If u get some usefull link/shop share it with me, plz!

Reactions: DavidOck

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Just out of curiosity, why did you rebuild those tiny little drop ins instead of a proper rebuildable back then?

And here I am, waiting patiently for someone to BEG me to give up my (two) VVTF rebuildable decks (for the Nautilus tanks)!!!!!!

Where ARE all the macho and macha rebuildable peeps! :D

vvtf V1 -b.jpg
vvtf V1.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
  • Agree
Reactions: bask

hisionics

Aug 18, 2019

mmm interesting. :thumbs:

seems like Viskose = Cellulose, right? Is it the exactly same thing u use? I thought u guys mainly use Graham and TIDI Balls.

I cant buy from that site(i guess). I cant even get the page automatically translated (it keeps refreshing each sec).

If this is the same "object" i can try to find some local "viscose" slabs (if this is the correct term) maybe used for medical reasons... i see the most are cotton, but at least i can try :cool:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
seems like Viskose = Cellulose, right? I
"Viskose" is German for "rayon". I have no idea what it's called in Italian, sorry.

I've not used them myself, but what I've read here about those Ebelin balls makes me think they are comparable to the Tidi balls I've been using.

I do know someone from German who will be visiting my business in October. Maybe I'll ask him to bring a bag or two so I can compare them.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The Viscose balls are better but at a price, much tougher to work with but end result being worth the extra work involved. IMO
Well, that rules me out. I fumble around enough as it is.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
seems like Viskose = Cellulose, right? Is it the exactly same thing u use? I thought u guys mainly use Graham and TIDI Balls.

I think mostly due to easy availability. The "beauty shops" that carry Graham are all over the place.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Some of the best advice I ever got on here was:
"The biggest and most common mistake is buying product after product searching for that perfect vape
instead of learning how to get that perfect vape from the products you already have."

Thank you, @tj99959

hisionics

Aug 18, 2019
"Viskose" is German for "rayon". I have no idea what it's called in Italian, sorry.

The translation (in English is ok too) is Viscose. I didnt know if all those terms (Rayon, Viscose, Lyocell/Tencent, ecc) were kinda synonyms. By doing a quick search seems that Lyocell/Tencen is a Rayon obtained by a specific trasformation process who is more eco-friendly. The rest are synonyms. Right?

I think mostly due to easy availability. The "beauty shops" that carry Graham are all over the place.

mmm cool. I shd try to find it here too then. Maybe i find also smth similar to that German Viskose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread