Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
What rba's have folks had success with so far?
You talking drippers or RTAs?

I use rayon in everything and the only device that has ever been finicky for me is the Ares, although the last time I wicked it I used much less than I normally do and it's been great which is odd since I was certain it would flood.

Or are you just looking for atomizer recommendations?

I generally use delasco balls which I recently found out may be 1% cotton.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I use Rayon in my B2Ks, Kali V2, Tauren, Goon 24 and Aequitas. Those are basically the only RDAs that I have in rotation these days.
Yeah once RTAs got to be on point with drippers that happened for a lot of us. Only drippers I use are for squonking and occasionally recipe testing.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've used Rayon for several years in my clone Kayfun Lite V2's and in my Kayfun Lite 2019's (short, fat 24mm design). As discussed throughout this thread some experimentation with wick tightness in the coil is necessary from atomizer to atomizer, but all I've tried have worked well with Sally's Rayon and other rayon types that I've tried.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I think Rayon may be about to become the cheapest most easily available vaping product, perhaps even edging out cotton like, by a small margin.

Anna
Muji pads aren't going to be PMTAed, are they? That's a beauty/Hygene product also, if I'm not mistaken...

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I use both (cotton and rayon) in my RTAs (for different reasons) I have one RTA that tends to leak so use cotton for it... I have another RTA that has very small juice slots so use rayon for it. Both work well (depending on the specific application) but overall I like rayon better.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
OMG... just noticed this thread goes back to 2005... oh well, still a good topic.
And this is "Part 2"

You have to read all of Part 1 and 2 to get the full story of rayon to fully understand it... LoL

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad this thread has been here this long because if not for rayon I would still be unable to wick and RTA and even IF I could the idea of rewicking as much as is necessary with cotton is really, really unappealing. I point new wickers to this thread all the time. Nothing against cotton but it is not my thing.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I use both (cotton and rayon) in my RTAs (for different reasons) I have one RTA that tends to leak so use cotton for it... I have another RTA that has very small juice slots so use rayon for it. Both work well (depending on the specific application) but overall I like rayon better.

I still have several packs of Egyptian cotton from years ago. Rayon superseded cotton for me.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm glad this thread has been here this long because if not for rayon I would still be unable to wick and RTA and even IF I could the idea of rewicking as much as is necessary with cotton is really, really unappealing. I point new wickers to this thread all the time. Nothing against cotton but it is not my thing.
Yup! I was lucky enough to discover the Jeremy's original Rayon thread only a few months into my rebuilding career back in the spring of 2014. Once I tried rayon, I never looked back.

Anyone need any six year old KGD pads? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread