Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
It's awesome! You nailed it brother, I know that took some time and it's much appreciated. This line is especially useful and well put:

Using Rayon Wick

- Use more in the coil than you even think is possible to be able to work.

- Use less in The tails than you even think is possible to be able to work.

Yeah I could have started with just that line and pretty much explained how to wick it. But I felt people wanted everything in the op, and I didn't want to disappoint.

Increasing font size now.. Really stands out.

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
You'd be shocked if I told you how much time it takes me to do all that on a phone..

I literally took a vacation day just to make sure I had extra time to get it done.

I only post from a phone or tablet as well. I know that took some doing.

On my phone I always use swiping to type.

Just checked my stats from SwiftKey:

I've Flowed 39,071 words thanks to SwiftKey!

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
I tried wetting, rolling and then squeezing the water out to get most of the air out so it won't shrink. A chunk right out of the box will almost fit in a 2.5mm coil. It gets pretty solid. It does work, but doesn't seem to work great.
I may have mentioned this before, I don't remember, but I've taken a liking to an unconventional (AFAIK) method. I'll take several Delasco balls and unroll them then, holding one end, I run a stream of water over it under the faucet. I then string them on a safety pin and hang them up somewhere to dry until I need one. This seems to wash all the fly-away off and get all the fibers running in the same direction. They're kind of uneven when they dry. I just snip off the fat parts and use those. Fluff and thin the tails and I'm good to go. 100 ml per wick is so routine it isn't even a thing any more. I stopped keeping track because I'll invariably end up re-wicking out of boredom or curiosity rather than necessity.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I only post from a phone or tablet as well. I know that took some doing.

On my phone I always use swiping to type.

Just checked my stats from SwiftKey:

I've Flowed 39,071 words thanks to SwiftKey!

I never got on with swipe to type... Probably to my detriment. Also bypass speak to text, as with both I have to go back many times.. And the speak , well I stop to think too much.. LoL

Many more photos added to op's...

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I'm 38 :)

I have a young soul I've been told. I still feel like I'm in my 20s, except for my back... lol.

Same here, back shot from breaking it in a car wreck when I was a kid...knees shot from laying carpet for years. I'm a technical person now but even sitting in a chair for too long is difficult.

I'm putting off "Get off my lawn" for long as I can.

I can't believe it but my wick came full circle and is vaping like a champ again, I'm about 20ml in so TC is definitely helping. I bet it looks terrible though, NET's are hard on coils and wick :)

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Oh forgot to mention... Luckily I got my stainless *430 wire in over the weekend. Its so good in temp control its like kanthal that I had been missing.. I chain vaped through the night on that first build and couldn't get to sleep till bout 3am. Lol.

I recommend it for temp control or even straight voltage. Its just like working with kanthal with a slight spring to it. I annealed it with blue flame on the stove like kanthal to make it less springy.

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Oh forgot to mention... Luckily I got my stainless 340 wire in over the weekend. Its so good in temp control its like kanthal that I had been missing.. I chain vaped through the night on that first build and couldn't get to sleep till bout 3am. Lol.

I recommend it for temp control or even straight voltage. Its just like working with kanthal with a slight spring to it. I annealed it with blue flame on the stove like kanthal to make it less springy.

It's SS430 unless it's a grade I don't know about ;)

It is nice wire, it has replaced kanthal for me. Works great in TC and standard wattage/voltage mode as well. Best of both worlds, it really shines when you twist it up and throw some wattage to it in a dripper.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Oh forgot to mention... Luckily I got my stainless *430 wire in over the weekend. Its so good in temp control its like kanthal that I had been missing.. I chain vaped through the night on that first build and couldn't get to sleep till bout 3am. Lol.

What gauge SS430 do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread