Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I've gotten some rayon from a friend, it's in little balls. After reading a little of this thread, I think I'm ready to try it in an rda. If I'm getting this right I stuff more in the coil than I would with cotton and trim the tails? About how much tail should I leave?

Not sure how to get a nice strand from these balls, but I guess I'll figure this out.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I've gotten some rayon from a friend, it's in little balls. After reading a little of this thread, I think I'm ready to try it in an rda. If I'm getting this right I stuff more in the coil than I would with cotton and trim the tails? About how much tail should I leave?

Not sure how to get a nice strand from these balls, but I guess I'll figure this out.
yes, when you pull the rayon through the coil it will squeak & it should be tight enough in the coil when you pull through to “almost” deform the coil that’s how tight you should have it in the coil.

the length of the tails depends on the RDA you’re using but the general rule of thumb is tight in the coil with little shoulders extending just 1mm (or thereabouts) from the coil & from there you thin out the rayon.

As for the balls, you gently unroll & you will find where the rolling began & gently stretch out the fibers.

Hope this helps :)

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
yes, when you pull the rayon through the coil it will squeak & it should be tight enough in the coil when you pull through to “almost” deform the coil that’s how tight you should have it in the coil.

the length of the tails depends on the RDA you’re using but the general rule of thumb is tight in the coil with little shoulders extending just 1mm (or thereabouts) from the coil & from there you thin out the rayon.

As for the balls, you gently unroll & you will find where the rolling began & gently stretch out the fibers.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot. :) Guess I'll start with a single coil atty.

Archane

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2016
So I’ve been on the fence for quite awhile on whether or not to give rayon a try. As it turns out a situation presented itself where the cotton bacon prime I normally use was not working well in a new rda I bought. So I took the plunge and decided to try rayon and I have to say I’m very impressed. Flavor is on point and nic hit is stronger than with cotton. Also after a day and a half so far no dry hits at all and it seems easier to notice the flavor drop off so I know it’s time to squonk again. Overall I’m really liking it and I can see myself sticking with it. Plus at less than $6.00 for a box that will last me more than 2 years. That you can’t beat for good wicking.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
@Heartsdelight

cd050ce6c1f1785a9191b6c8dabbb1e9.gif

• Love
Reactions: Heartsdelight

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Many years ago I discovered rayon right here in this thread, and I have not used anything else since! It completely changed my vaping experience! I have a 1ohm coil in my ares 2 tank wicked with rayon right now! My favorite tank with my favorite wicking material :) I cannot thank you guys enough for introducing me to rayon all those years ago :)
image-2021-02-11-15:32:13-691.jpg

Archane

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2016
So i have a question about rayon. It certainly so far appears to wick better and no dry hits at all. I also seem to be going through less juice and seem to need to squonk less. Is that because it carries the juice to the coil better so you vaporize more of the juice on the rayon vs cotton which absorbs the juice so you can only vape whats closer to the surface? Not sure if im wording this correctly but it just suprises me that im going through less juice but getting great flavor and more puffs between squonks.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Rayon does transport your juice faster and another benefit that Rayon has is it sort of fixes itself if you get a early burnt hit from a dry Tank or not paying attention to wattage cranked to high. Cotton would be toast but sometimes with Rayon after a few bad vapes it seems to rebound and fix itself if it was a short vape that singed the Rayon.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I've really got to start using rayon. What's been stopping me is the challenge of getting it tight enough in the coil. I still struggle doing that with cotton sometimes.

I was taught right here in this thread that when you get it tight enough you will feel a “squeaky” feeling when you are pulling the rayon through.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread