Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
That is a little tough to answer because one is a native single coil and the other is a dual, though you can do duals on the Rose and singles on the Aqua.

Between the two, I would say it would be a size preference, unless of course you get the stumpy kit for The Rose.

I've been using the Aqua v2 more than the Rose lately, and that may be just because its newer, and I just got the Stumpy and haven't installed it yet.

BTW, Eden is now selling the Stumpy Full Unit. You no longer have to buy the standard unit and the stumpy kit as an add-on.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
That is a little tough to answer because one is a native single coil and the other is a dual, though you can do duals on the Rose and singles on the Aqua.

Between the two, I would say it would be a size preference, unless of course you get the stumpy kit for The Rose.

I've been using the Aqua v2 more than the Rose lately, and that may be just because its newer, and I just got the Stumpy and haven't installed it yet.

BTW, Eden is now selling the Stumpy Full Unit. You no longer have to buy the standard unit and the stumpy kit as an add-on.

Ahh,..okay well tyvm,..that puts me still in favor of the Aqua V2,,and besides that what I wasn't thinking about when I asked that question, I can still use the Aqua as a dripper. :)

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Well just pulled ths trigger on a polished tilemahos, partly becuase of your recommendation sedge(Thanks!) And becuase the AC base comes with it now.
When I purchased mine, only the 510 was available, & I had to wait for the AFC. I enjoyed it much more after receiving the AFC.

I'm vaping on it now. Nice little atty.

5026d710bff871945e9fea19a160e39d.jpg

Last edited:

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter :D

Finally, some love for the FlashEvapor v3! I love mine a whole lot, and would echo many of your comments in this thread. Like you, I love the flavour from RDAs, but have been forever searching for an RTA that matches the better RDAs. I may even have a collection that rivals yours.. 21 in all, tho there are some repeats of various revisions. My biggest issue with early RTAs was always that the airflow was too restrictive. I like a slightly restricted lung inhale, which is impossible on easily a full 75% of the RTAs I have.

I recently picked up the Kayfun 4, but I find it overly complicated and over-engineered. Performance is good, but for the price it's nothing special. I much prefer the simplicity of the Billow/Orchid, tho I don't think any of them produce great flavour. My current favourites are the Lemo drop and the (arguably an RDTA) Big Dripper v2.

The big dripper is easily the winner here for flavour, and holds 5ml if filled correctly. I have an original from Sub Ohm Innovations, but picked up one of the 'fake' v2 versions, as I really like the ability to see my juice level. The upshot is the one I have is kayfun threaded, meaning swapping the plastics is a snap.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Lemo drop. Capacity isn't up there, but the shorter chimney gives me the best flavour of any RTA I've used, and has that nice warm dense vapour that I really like. It has replaced essentially ever other RTA in my stash, and I routinely reach for it or my Big Dripper when I'm on the go (or lazy). The Rose v2 is probably my second place, as I love the warmth of vapour it produces, tho building it isn't nearly as easy.

Thanks for the great post! Some good discussion here :)

Last edited:

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I tell you what Sedge, I just got off of my Kayfun4 and now I am back on my Rose V2. With that being said. The Kayfun 4's flavor and vapor is Bad To The Bone :ohmy: I have been playing with the Juice control and I think I may have cut my wick properly at 1.4 ohms. Maybe it's just me, but I think the Kayfun 4 slightly beats the Rose V2 at least with a fruit flavor I tried on both. I think the Rose V2 and the Kayfun 4 take alot of trial and error to really make them come ahead of the competition. :D

Last edited:

willzleg

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Tennessee, Southern US
The brushed Tilmahos looks great on the flask, almost matches. I generally like brushed SS more than polished( easier to maintain) so Im kinda thinking i may brush the tank section of mine myself. Do you think thats a good idea? I have done a brushed finish before with some scotch brite pads but only on a cheap (clone) atty. Also do you fill it like an Ithaka? Just close the JC and remove top cap?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I tell you what Sedge, I just got off of my Kayfun4 and now I am back on my Rose V2. With that being said. The Kayfun 4's flavor and vapor is Bad To The Bone :ohmy: I have been playing with the Juice control and I think I may have cut my wick properly at 1.4 ohms. Maybe it's just me, but I think the Kayfun 4 slightly beats the Rose V2 at least with a fruit flavor I tried on both. I think the Rose V2 and the Kayfun 4 take alot of trial and error to really make them come ahead of the competition. :D

You really have my wheels turning with this one because I am Rose crazy and wasn't even planning to try the kayfun4. Hmm...

lmb79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Australia
The brushed Tilmahos looks great on the flask, almost matches. I generally like brushed SS more than polished( easier to maintain) so Im kinda thinking i may brush the tank section of mine myself. Do you think thats a good idea? I have done a brushed finish before with some scotch brite pads but only on a cheap (clone) atty. Also do you fill it like an Ithaka? Just close the JC and remove top cap?

I brushed my AFC version, I think it came up pretty well

I left the cnc engraving polished for some contrast, but otherwise brushed everything

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter :D

Finally, some love for the FlashEvapor v3! I love mine a whole lot, and would echo many of your comments in this thread. Like you, I love the flavour from RDAs, but have been forever searching for an RTA that matches the better RDAs. I may even have a collection that rivals yours.. 21 in all, tho there are some repeats of various revisions. My biggest issue with early RTAs was always that the airflow was too restrictive. I like a slightly restricted lung inhale, which is impossible on easily a full 75% of the RTAs I have.

I recently picked up the Kayfun 4, but I find it overly complicated and over-engineered. Performance is good, but for the price it's nothing special. I much prefer the simplicity of the Billow/Orchid, tho I don't think any of them produce great flavour. My current favourites are the Lemo drop and the (arguably an RDTA) Big Dripper v2.

The big dripper is easily the winner here for flavour, and holds 5ml if filled correctly. I have an original from Sub Ohm Innovations, but picked up one of the 'fake' v2 versions, as I really like the ability to see my juice level. The upshot is the one I have is kayfun threaded, meaning swapping the plastics is a snap.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Lemo drop. Capacity isn't up there, but the shorter chimney gives me the best flavour of any RTA I've used, and has that nice warm dense vapour that I really like. It has replaced essentially ever other RTA in my stash, and I routinely reach for it or my Big Dripper when I'm on the go (or lazy). The Rose v2 is probably my second place, as I love the warmth of vapour it produces, tho building it isn't nearly as easy.

Thanks for the great post! Some good discussion here :)

Its great to see another avid RTA fan.

I think the FlashEVapor hasn't received the acclaim in the US because there are really no microcoil/cotton videos in English. It really is my favorite in so many aspects.

This new Taifun sure has cured the airflow issue of its predecessor.

I think my collection approaches 30 in RTAs (duplicates), with now 4 gennies. I just got rid of my RDAs except one...the Jam Atty.

I had only limited experience with the Lemo. And never tried the Big Dripper or any of the push-to-feed tank drippers.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA

I too have been very pleased with the KF4 flavor. I've heard reports by some of a different experience. I've found that the KF4 is quite sensitive to the slightest height variances of the coil above the airhole.

At first I did think it was overly engineered, but that thought waned quickly when I saw how it all performs in synchronized unison.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I love how it matches the VF and the polished base and cap just make it pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread