Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
You really have my wheels turning with this one because I am Rose crazy and wasn't even planning to try the kayfun4. Hmm...

I love my Erls but caved and ordered a KF4 yesterday myself.

I was never really a fan of previous iterations of the Kafun because of the restrictive air flow even with the afc screw removed. From what I understand, the KF4s air flow can be opened up wider than the earlier versions.

I tried to get a 4S kit but couldn't find any in stock anywhere.

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I too have been very pleased with the KF4 flavor. I've heard reports by some of a different experience. I've found that the KF4 is quite sensitive to the slightest height variances of the coil above the airhole.

At first I did think it was overly engineered, but that thought waned quickly when I saw how it all performs in synchronized unison.

Yep I got coil so close that if I sneeze it may short :laugh:

skin_e1

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Taifun GT 2 arrived.

24218f1d236367282aafd03792a1745f.jpg

That is one beautiful piece. I don't have paypal, so I can't get one :facepalm: I told them to send me a PP invoice but they said I would have to sign up for an account. I wish they just took credit cards...... the big question is : How does it vape? :D

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I wish I could try the Kayfun4 so I know first whether its for me or not. I also thought it was sold out, but apparently not. I have also been concerned about the overengineering. I told a friend it might have more parts than my motorcycle engine :D

I know this sounds funny in a thread about high end authentics, but everyone really should try the Lemo. The flavor is at least 5x that of previous Kayfuns. And the airflow is not restrictive. The glass tank is helpful for tank crackers (yes, I am aware of the quartz kits for the kayfuns). Just get one for grins and try it. It costs less than a tank of gas :laugh:

skin_e1

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I wish I could try the Kayfun4 so I know first whether its for me or not. I also thought it was sold out, but apparently not. I have also been concerned about the overengineering. I told a friend it might have more parts than my motorcycle engine :D

I know this sounds funny in a thread about high end authentics, but everyone really should try the Lemo. The flavor is at least 5x that of previous Kayfuns. And the airflow is not restrictive. The glass tank is helpful for tank crackers (yes, I am aware of the quartz kits for the kayfuns). Just get one for grins and try it. It costs less than a tank of gas :laugh:

The Lemo is a great device. It does have a huge tank, it is better than the kayfun lite, but after the Rose V2 and Kayfun 4 I find it hard to go back :( I'm a die hard flavor chaser BTW. The parts are a little daunting at first but the juice valve is set up pretty well when you screw you kayfun into a mod it opens the juice valve up when you untwist it it closes itself slightly but I need to turn it the rest of the way so I can switch coils. The airflow control is just like the old kayfun. tighten it up to tighten the airflow and unscrew it to loss up the airflow. To say it even better it is a breeze to wick over the Rose, but if you enjoy the Lemo, then I would say I'm glad your satisfied with it and vape on :D It's whatever you enjoy using to enjoy your vape :) ah oh yeah. I so WISH I had your parrot. That's one beautiful bird :D

Last edited:

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I love my Erls but caved and ordered a KF4 yesterday myself.

I was never really a fan of previous iterations of the Kafun because of the restrictive air flow even with the afc screw removed. From what I understand, the KF4s air flow can be opened up wider than the earlier versions.

I tried to get a 4S kit but couldn't find any in stock anywhere.
Hi Jax. I think you'll be pleased with the stock airflow. I got the 4S kit but have yet to install it. I've read others report that there is not much difference between the 4S and the stock wide open.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
That is one beautiful piece. I don't have paypal, so I can't get one :facepalm: I told them to send me a PP invoice but they said I would have to sign up for an account. I wish they just took credit cards...... the big question is : How does it vape? :D
The vape is the same fantastic vape as the original with fantastic airflow. There are 5 holes on each side and you can expose them by increments of one. I find 7 to be perfect for me.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Lemo is a great device. It does have a huge tank, it is better than the kayfun lite, but after the Rose V2 and Kayfun 4 I find it hard to go back :( I'm a die hard flavor chaser BTW. The parts are a little daunting at first but the juice valve is set up pretty well when you screw you kayfun into a mod it opens the juice valve up when you untwist it it closes itself slightly but I need to turn it the rest of the way so I can switch coils. The airflow control is just like the old kayfun. tighten it up to tighten the airflow and unscrew it to loss up the airflow. To say it even better it is a breeze to wick over the Rose, but if you enjoy the Lemo, then I would say I'm glad your satisfied with it and vape on :D It's whatever you enjoy using to enjoy your vape :) ah oh yeah. I so WISH I had your parrot. That's one beautiful bird :D

I might want to buy your Lemo. I've been meaning to get a second one.

Thank you for the compliment on Pete, my Amazon parrot. He's one of my rescue parrots. He's a wild caught import, at least 32 years old. He has/had a lot of health problems from poor care by the previous owner, but he's doing much better now. I have 3 other parrots as well.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Hi Jax. I think you'll be pleased with the stock airflow. I got the 4S kit but have yet to install it. I've read others report that there is not much difference between the 4S and the stock wide open.

Thanks sedge. Yeah, I've heard similar reports as well but wanted to see for myself. :D

We'll see soon enough (I hope). If it's still too tight, I might ask to buy yours if you still aren't using it. Heh!

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I should throw a vote in for the Orchid v3, or a v4 with a nano kit. The short chimney design gives great flavour, and being Kayfun threaded means you have lots of options for replacement tanks. I use a v4 with the Nano quartz kit and a domed 2-piece chimney I found somewhere online. It's a fantastic combo, and gives Lemo Drop-level flavour with the option for simple dual coils. I currently have a 0.4 ohm dual 28g micro coil build in it on my IPV3, and at 45W the flavour, warmth and quantity of vapour is fantastic. I will note that since the chimney isn't threaded, you need to be careful not to pull the top cap off, as it's only secured via friction with the orings.

I've got a Billow on route that I plan on swapping the nano kit on to, and I'm pretty excited that it may be the ultimate RTA... for now.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I have a request. A friend just got a Tilemahos. She asked me to watch a build video and walk her through it. This is an atty I don't own. Could someone post their build, and any suggestions/tips for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVpPa-Bs0AQ

Coiling/wicking starts at about 25:45, but go double speed through from the beginning to see the whole assembly.

(I want one. Now's not the time for me. They'll be gone by the time is right. :()

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I know I can find vids, but thank you, I'll watch it soon :) But, this will be my first time walking her through something I haven't built myself.

So if anyone has any tips from personal experience, they would be very welcome. She does better having me tell her one step at a time than from reading, looking at pics or watching videos.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I have a request. A friend just got a Tilemahos. She asked me to watch a build video and walk her through it. This is an atty I don't own. Could someone post their build, and any suggestions/tips for me.
Think fat straight shoulder pads like women's clothing of the 80s. Then trim the wick tail so barely anything is running down the channels.

a36491a771881dee35b8cc9220febc58.jpg

115a8649274e88cfd05ae7e13e13b17b.jpg

1eb2d828d6c0c88ae28789d76d53ab6b.jpg

e205bb1d43ed90c0fb1d5deb67bab283.jpg

On Le Petit Gros

6855f49f5d3a98054a2d04a5bc2d771b.jpg

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I tried meshing the Taifun, which was a MISERABLE fail. I used to be a die hard RSST guy, and I did an 11 wrap 28 gauge microcoil with that thing for 2.4 ohms. I tried a similar build except did 7 wraps, and couldn't get the shorts pulsed out or the wicking quite right. When the P3 senses a short, it's like a 6 second wait to try to fire it again. I did plenty of pulsing with my mech, but got tired of the trial and error and put my cotton build back in.

All the while I switched back to one of my mount baker juices, which is 100% VG, and I'm convinced it was that juice giving me such a hard time with my previous attys. Just too dang thick. Velvet cloud is my current go to and it's very very good juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread