RTAs for a restricted lung hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I ordered a wotofo serpent elevate rta - from what I've heard on here, it's slightly restricted. I also wanted to try a top-air rta
I feel like I'm on a never ending hunt for an rta that is better than a sjmy doggy rta :lol:
Shawn Hoefer has a Top Air thread. Have you seen it? He's got a list and trying all of them with his assessments. Might help with your decisions. BTW, I'm enjoying the Elevate. I feel that it fits the description of slightly restricted. I don't care for the feeling of trying to inhale all the oxygen on the planet, if that helps!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
True and Silverplays both landed today. Silverplay is a winner. True is a little tight, but I cannot get it to stop oozing out the af hole. Pouring. I did immediately put on the bubble glass. I’ve built it twice, and I can’t get the tank to stop emptying. What am I doing wrong? I’ve rewicked multiple times with more, less... :(:cry:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
True is a little tight, but I cannot get it to stop oozing out the af hole. Pouring. I did immediately put on the bubble glass. I’ve built it twice, and I can’t get the tank to stop emptying. What am I doing wrong? I’ve rewicked multiple times with more, less... :(:cry:
A couple of people have had issues with O-rings, Nola. Here's what @oplholik had, and you can see his was bad where I put arrows. Someone else had them damaged right out of the box. @Rockford replaced the oring under his afc (you can just pull the afc ring off). Check out the thread about p 8 or 9, and you can see more info. Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA
But I do think Ehpro apparently shipped some out with bad orings. Mine leaked on first use, but coming from doggies, I don't think I'd tightened it enough - it hasn't leaked a drop since.
upload_2019-1-10_15-29-25-png.791275

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
A couple of people have had issues with O-rings, Nola. Here's what @oplholik had, and you can see his was bad where I put arrows. Someone else had them damaged right out of the box. @Rockford replaced the oring under his afc (you can just pull the afc ring off). Check out the thread about p 8 or 9, and you can see more info. Calling all Dog lovers - The Ehpro True MTL RTA
But I do think Ehpro apparently shipped some out with bad orings. Mine leaked on first use, but coming from doggies, I don't think I'd tightened it enough - it hasn't leaked a drop since.
upload_2019-1-10_15-29-25-png.791275
I’ll check them again in a bit. I’m a bit miffed with it right now. At least it emptied on the Aegis

• Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I’ll check them again in a bit. I’m a bit miffed with it right now. At least it emptied on the Aegis
Yeah, I would be too. But I have to tell you, I love this tank so much! As I said, my first one leaked, and I almost gave up on it right then. Doggy dependability just spoiled me. But I'm so glad I didn't give up - this is seriously the best vape I've ever had! So disappointing that they made a fantastic tank, but didn't bother to either use good quality orings, or qc didn't ensure they were seated properly on some of them. As I said in an earlier post on the other thread, it's surprising that they invest all that in engineering, tweaking, building, marketing, and shipping a great tank- only to disappoint some due to o-rings that cost less than a penny per dozen!

But - it's only orings. Give it a go to see if you can get it running without a leak. If you do, you'll probably love it!

Oh, and I doubt it has to do with leaking, but just in case- a couple that mentioned leaking were cutting the wick just to the bottom of the deck ledge. I did too on my first build - but after that, I used just enough to touch the very bottom, and tuck under like I did my doggies:
upload_2019-1-18_16-20-33.png

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Is it similar to the Ares draw? I found that too tight and adjusted the AF full open and changed DTs. Still, it's not an atty I use today.

Sorry, can't compare those two because I don't own them. Just sharing what I know in theory. The prime is supposed to be a true MTL.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Silverplay is a winner.

Pray tell. I watched a couple of videos and have two concerns with this atty--again, on paper. It reminds me a lot of a Taifun style build deck--my Taifun and I didn't get along. But that was a long time ago. Also, that 2 ml capacity and not even a bubble glass. Sigh. I don't want to deal with 2 ml tanks anymore.

And good luck with your True! I'm sure you can tame it!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Shawn Hoefer has a Top Air thread. Have you seen it? He's got a list and trying all of them with his assessments. Might help with your decisions.

I've been stalking his amazing thread since he began it. It's an awesome resource and keeps adding RTAs to my ever expanding wish list ;)

Whatever I did worked! Afraid to disassemble it to see where my wick tails fall, but I bet just to the deck. I’ll rewick doggie style next go. If it keeps behaving, I’ll move it to the Colossal.

Glad you got the true behaving Mel - the colossal is my new pedastal mod too :lol: and it's still got a doggy on it (for now) ;)

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    After reading through this and a few other threads today and then comparing tanks and rta's that were mentioned I have to say that I now have no idea what airy Dl and RL and every variation is anymore.
    Just as a reference for me, where would a wide open Augvape Intake sit on the scale? I think of it as restricted lung but others describe it quite airy.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    After reading through this and a few other threads today and then comparing tanks and rta's that were mentioned I have to say that I now have no idea what airy Dl and RL and every variation is anymore.
    Just as a reference for me, where would a wide open Augvape Intake sit on the scale? I think of it as restricted lung but others describe it quite airy.
    For me
    I think it’s a restricted direct lung too.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Somewhere in the Top Air thread Shawn said, less airy than the Elevate. Intake is next on my list to try

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Everyone's 'taste' is so varied that I agree, it's impossible to draw a line in the sand and say that this is DL and this is RL and this is MTL - so yeah, a scale is a much better idea :)

Especially when you have people like me who vape mtl but prefer a RL style of atty :rolleyes:

Haven't tried the intake, but I'd call the serpent elevate RL so would rate the less airy intake as RL too. It's also on my wishlist ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Everyone's 'taste' is so varied that I agree, it's impossible to draw a line in the sand and say that this is DL and this is RL and this is MTL - so yeah, a scale is a much better idea :)

Especially when you have people like me who vape mtl but prefer a RL style of atty :rolleyes:

Haven't tried the intake, but I'd call the serpent elevate RL so would rate the less airy intake as RL too. It's also on my wishlist ;)
    I’m the opposite, I lung draw. I prefer higher end air of mtl tanks, or tighter dl. I’m making friends with the True this morning. Tighter than I prefer, but great flavor. The Silverplay is about perfect on af. Not crazy about the wicking cage. I’ll have to see how that plays out as the tank gets empty

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I’m the opposite, I lung draw. I prefer higher end air of mtl tanks, or tighter dl. I’m making friends with the True this morning. Tighter than I prefer, but great flavor. The Silverplay is about perfect on af. Not crazy about the wicking cage. I’ll have to see how that plays out as the tank gets empty

So together are we normal mtl or normal rl?! :lol:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    So together are we normal mtl or normal rl?! :lol:
    See, this never ceases to amaze me. When I started vaping, I assumed everyone would do it like when they smoked, pure MTL. In 45 years of smoking, I never saw anyone DL a cig. Or at the time, many that were vaping hobbyists, not using it to quit smoking, were doing it like b*ng hits, and doing DL. These days, everyone evolves into dozens of subgroups. All good, of course, but who'd have thunk it?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    See, this never ceases to amaze me. When I started vaping, I assumed everyone would do it like when they smoked, pure MTL. In 45 years of smoking, I never saw anyone DL a cig. Or at the time, many that were vaping hobbyists, not using it to quit smoking, were doing it like b*ng hits, and doing DL. These days, everyone evolves into dozens of subgroups. All good, of course, but who'd have thunk it?

Also amazes me that your own style can change/evolve so much. When I first started I absolutely hated anything that wasn't extremely tight mtl. Now it drives me nuts :lol:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    There’s my problem, I was using stinkies incorrectly :oops:. I vape exactly like I smoked. I always associated mtl with pipes or cigars. Mtl makes me look like a dragon, it’s leaking out my mouth and nostrils before I can inhale it. Minus ten for lack of coordination, I guess :lol:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    There’s my problem, I was using stinkies incorrectly :oops:. I vape exactly like I smoked. I always associated mtl with pipes or cigars. Mtl makes me look like a dragon, it’s leaking out my mouth and nostrils before I can inhale it. Minus ten for lack of coordination, I guess :lol:
    Literally LOL, Mel. And then a couple of moments to strike up visuals of what you're doing! :lol: And LOL'ing again.:lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread